Objective reasoning why skill based matchmaking is dumb

#141zxrax_alt_1Posted 11/25/2012 10:56:54 PM
Stuff

If we didn't disagree I would really like you. Probably the most logical poster ITT.
---
Steam: zxrax || GT: v Raage
HAF X || i7-3770K @4.5 || H80 || Maximus V Extreme || 8GB DDR3-2133 || [Integrated :(] || 120GB SSD || 2TB HDD
#142BTzzPosted 11/25/2012 10:57:38 PM
zxrax_alt_1 posted...
Stuff

If we didn't disagree I would really like you. Probably the most logical poster ITT.

I was surprised fez stopped insulting people's sisters long enough to be logical
---
Xbox GT: Ian Bits
#143Astro_B0mbPosted 11/25/2012 11:07:29 PM
FeelMyBlade posted...
Astro_B0mb posted...
vigorm0rtis posted...
fatclemenza posted...
I know. If people don't want competition,

Might as well stop you there, since the rest is baseless assumptions, and I never said I never wanted competition. Its fun on the odd game to get someone on the other team you can trade blows with. I've played against Socrates in CoD4 and those were some fun matches that went down to the wire.

You don't want consistent competition. Playing a competitive game.

Assumptions baseless.

Right.

Lmao you must be new to the video game world if you think cod is competitive.

You must have never won a single match in your entire miserable life.

But cawadooty is so casual.
---
.:The Elite Connection:.
#144lderivedxPosted 11/25/2012 11:10:09 PM
Honestly, it's not enjoyable having to try my balls off every single game in order to win. I essentially have the choice between trying really hard or doing poorly, neither of which are always enjoyable to me.

I like competition, but not all the time.

Yes that means I want to stomp bad players. Not always, but sometimes yes. I want to be matched up with a random selection of the community because it is not enjoyable to me to always try extremely hard in order to win.
---
"you got hit by a car? lmao nice awareness, no wonder you suck at halo." - sloppy
GT: i derive dx
#145wow_just_wow1Posted 11/25/2012 11:14:59 PM
zxrax_alt_1 posted...
Stuff

LOL. We can agree to disagree about this subject and still like each other.
#146HirusekiPosted 11/25/2012 11:33:36 PM
People are trying to justify dashboarding now? Oh my.
#147Halo_ForeverPosted 11/26/2012 3:06:12 AM
zxrax_alt_1 posted...

The flaw here is that a lot of those people still aren't going to "do well" and enjoy the game enough to purchase DLC. Given that the average K/D is just below 1.0, a .4 K/D player's plausible playerbase in a skill-based system is more like .3 to 1.2 in terms of population of enemies. This .4 K/D player won't only be playing against .4 K/D players - He'll still be playing against plenty of people better than him. He might have a .7 K/D in this game as opposed to his .4 in the last games. What will that do? Raise his plausible base of enemies to a higher level. He'll then meet players with .4 to 1.5 ratios instead. Then he'll start to do badly, and cycle back over and over again.

When he starts doing worse, his K/D will sink and he'll again be playing against more suitable opposition.

This is true as well. CoD was one of the games that didn't though, and many people enjoyed the fact that they didn't have to try in order to succeed and could simply relax playing the game.

This many people you refer to is just the top of the food chain, perhaps top 10% or even 5%. You do know that this translates to "Wah, I want to pwn noobs, I don't want to put in any effort". You are getting the treatment that you used to dish out, you got too used to easy mode in the pubs.

It is why keeping a level 50 1,5 KDR in the MLG playlist in Halo 3 was worth something, you didn't stomp people all day, you had to fight for it.

The only objective reason against SBM currently is the lag comp, I like the idea of an equal lobby, but then it should absolutely not be possible that one guy is 2-3 seconds before or after me.

Besides, if you feel the need to pubstomp go back to [insert CoD here].
---
Poet Eliot had it all wrong....
#148duericPosted 11/26/2012 3:10:00 AM
Halo_Forever posted...

Besides, if you feel the need to pubstomp go back to [insert CoD here].

Playing against the same thing, good or bad, all the time is boring.
---
"It's like people using the internet have never heard of the internet." - SadHillShowdown Gamefaqs member
#149Halo_ForeverPosted 11/26/2012 3:13:12 AM
supercoolisaac posted...
Wasn't going to even post in this thread, but someone commented on a video of mine and i kind of ended up venting a little about this...

His comment: "really... you think you deserve to not have to try. duh..... only idiots and kids too young to have the game enjoy watching pub-stomping. Yes... youtube is full of idiots i guess. This is the best idea to come to COD. Get better or be average. oh, or are you sooooo rad that you can't get any better. Once you get to a 5/0 KD, then you wont have to try once again. How dumb, to expect to be good w/ Xbow only. "BAD"player = average in reality. why design a game for the elite only? Get real...."

My reply was as follows(minus swear words). Broken up into multiple youtube comments because of the character limit >_>

"Honestly I couldn't give two s**** about my K/D. It's the worst idea to come to cod. Because of this brilliant system if i actually try the other team dashboards 95% of my games and it's 6v1 the rest of the time. Zero exaggeration. I never actually get to screw around. It's either tryhard my nuts off and make them quit or use a less than stellar gun and get destroyed. Everybody starts out as a bad player, and if you keep playing against other bad players you'll never ever get better and if you don't care"

"enough to get better than you have zero excuse for being stomped. It has nothing to do with me thinking I deserve not to have to try, because I don't think like that. And it has nothing to do with "omg now you can't get youtube gameplays every lobby" because idgaf about that. I just want to be able to play games with my friends. That's it. But i can't do that when every single lobby is full of people using the best "pro setups", headglitching every barrel, abusing every exploit, trying so hard"

"that i'm pretty sure they've broken into a full on sweat trying to win...only to have them rage quit when they realize they can't win. So i ask you one single question. Please tell me why bad players deserve to play this game for fun with their friends, screw around with whatever guns they want every game, and actually play an entire 6v6 game, but "good" players can't? Why? I'm not asking every game to be against brain dead opponents. It's a lot of fun having competitive games sometimes."

"But holy s*** is it not fun playing supreme tryhards for 4 hours in a row every night sometimes."

Agree with me, don't. I honestly don't care. But I figured i'd post my opinon here as everyone else has already. This will be my only post in this topic because arguing over something that's mostly opinion based is pointless.

Now think what that is like if you had the skills of those veggie randoms you previous played against. The people you are now playing are the ones that they used to play against.
---
Poet Eliot had it all wrong....
#150JVel91Posted 11/26/2012 3:38:47 AM
Am I the only one here

Who doesn't give a s***?
---
EMS