Objective reasoning why skill based matchmaking is dumb

#31VauntXPosted 11/25/2012 8:53:35 AM
All this has accomplished is making it so that you can't just relax and play at all because Jimmy Tryhard has to run round with his laser MSMC and go negative anyway.

If winning and doing well is so goddamn important to you that you can't relax and take your foot off the brake in the company of actual competition, then you are the very essence of tryhard.
#32fatclemenza(Topic Creator)Posted 11/25/2012 8:57:22 AM
I know. If people don't want competition,

Might as well stop you there, since the rest is baseless assumptions, and I never said I never wanted competition. Its fun on the odd game to get someone on the other team you can trade blows with. I've played against Socrates in CoD4 and those were some fun matches that went down to the wire.
---
He's a well respected man about town,
Doing the best things so conservatively
#33vigorm0rtisPosted 11/25/2012 8:58:55 AM
fatclemenza posted...
I know. If people don't want competition,

Might as well stop you there, since the rest is baseless assumptions, and I never said I never wanted competition. Its fun on the odd game to get someone on the other team you can trade blows with. I've played against Socrates in CoD4 and those were some fun matches that went down to the wire.

You don't want consistent competition. Playing a competitive game.

Assumptions baseless.

Right.
---
Protip: If you don't see gorilla coming he's already behind you, lotion bottle in hand. --CaPwnd
#34fatclemenza(Topic Creator)Posted 11/25/2012 9:03:15 AM
There's nothing competitive about this game when gunfights are decided on a coin toss. Oh, you shot first? Guess what, not in his reality. So competitive!
---
#35dirtybrownPosted 11/25/2012 9:05:49 AM
You talk about bad players being able to have fun.

They obviously always had fun if they keep buying the game every year.

not necessarily. like someone said, you people against the matchmaking thing are about 10% of the general populace of cod players.

if i was treyarch, which last time i checked was still a business, why the hell would i cater to the 10% who are responsible for my profits? no i would try and make the 90% who apparently buy my game every year regardless of fun make damn sure they keep buying my game every year. and maybe tell people who aren't into fps that "hey cod is better this year, you should try it out".

don't get me wrong, i'm a terribly average player, but in black ops fun for me was getting host and playing with ihop in the wee hours of the morning and absolutely destroying in ground war with pm63s and dual asps. here i can't do that anymore. and that''s ok. because for every lobby i get destroyed in, i find 2-3 that i do well in. and i'm fine with that.
---
http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instances/400x/13172100.jpg
#36BoneKollectorPosted 11/25/2012 9:09:36 AM
Sounds to me like this guy is mad because he is being matched with players that have a similar skill level. Someone please give him his Call of Duty virgins back so he can have a 15 k/d.
---
If You're 5 5 5
Then I'm 6 6 6
#37fatclemenza(Topic Creator)Posted 11/25/2012 9:12:31 AM
if i was treyarch, which last time i checked was still a business, why the hell would i cater to the 10% who are responsible for my profits? no i would try and make the 90% who apparently buy my game every year regardless of fun make damn sure they keep buying my game every year. and maybe tell people who aren't into fps that "hey cod is better this year, you should try it out".

Fair points.

Sounds to me like this guy is mad because he is being matched with players that have a similar skill level.

You must have missed the part where he explicitly said he's enjoying the game more than any other installment. Next.
---
#38dredd1123Posted 11/25/2012 9:12:51 AM
The reason I am as good as I am is because I bought CoD4 about 2 years after release. I think my K/D was about .2 for the first few months. Then I started watching every single kill cam to see how I was killed (still do that today). I would argue that playing with good players makes bad ones better, from personal experience.

It makes the game significantly more dificult for someone like me who rarely plays in a party but still has pretty good stats.
#39dannyaqPosted 11/25/2012 9:15:01 AM
In the end, bads will still be bad, and good player will still be good. All this has accomplished is making it so that you can't just relax and play at all because Jimmy Tryhard has to run round with his laser MSMC and go negative anyway.

why can't you relax? just relax and lose. same as the people you like to stomp. why can't you play at all? oh is getting owned by jimmy tryhard not fun? then how do you explain it still being fun for the bads?

Because each game outsells the last durr so they must keep buying every year

right because they don't get new customers at all... i mean I have certainly never come across a kid who is 12 years old that was 3 years old when the first game was released.
---
There are only 10 types of people, those who understand binary and those who don't
#40fatclemenza(Topic Creator)Posted 11/25/2012 9:22:31 AM(edited)
why can't you relax? just relax and lose. same as the people you like to stomp. why can't you play at all? oh is getting owned by jimmy tryhard not fun? then how do you explain it still being fun for the bads?

relax at all when you play* sorry mistyped that above

Sure, I can still play, and I can still get great scores. Just gotta use the same setups they do to be on the same playing field. Which gets old after the 9001st time of doing it

right because they don't get new customers at all... i mean I have certainly never come across a kid who is 12 years old that was 3 years old when the first game was released.

You're really saying they should cater to 12 year olds lmao good one
---