Objective reasoning why skill based matchmaking is dumb

#51superfly2222222Posted 11/25/2012 9:38:04 AM
You have to think of the spotty basement dwellers to whom black ops 2 constitutes their sole reason for being.

The people who object to skill based matchmaking are the people who derive self esteem from pounding on inferior players in public lobbies.
---
Get confident, stupid.
#52fatclemenza(Topic Creator)Posted 11/25/2012 9:40:25 AM
You have to think of the spotty basement dwellers to whom black ops 2 constitutes their sole reason for being.

The people who object to skill based matchmaking are the people who derive self esteem from pounding on inferior players in public lobbies.

I wonder if you realize how dumb you sound saying that.

How about this. As others have said, now "skill" is taking precedent over connection for matchmaking on possibly the most connection-based shooter on the market. So competitive!
---
He's a well respected man about town,
Doing the best things so conservatively
#53Zero IXPosted 11/25/2012 9:40:29 AM
fatclemenza posted...
Suck it up. It's ridiculous when something like skill based matchmaking is actually disliked.

Skill based matchmaking is redundant in a series that barely has a skill gap.

There's a quote from the late Stealth Clown Robert Bowling out there that reads "we made the game based around fun, not competition". Maybe he was on the right track.

Yes, please bring back the deathstreaks and the Support Strike Package. Hell, let's just make it so scorestreaks don't reset. More fun for everyone, right? Ooh, how about revenge spawns and tiny little mazes for maps so things will be fast-paced and fun?

Face it: this is a player vs. player game. It's built on competition and that's the entirety of what makes it fun. Does anyone actually want a CoD that's essentially a party game where anything goes? Balance is the key. One playlist for pubs and one for ranked play seems like the best idea to me.

It'd be perfect if the unranked playlist didn't track stats besides weapon XP and challenges. <3
---
"An Incandescent Revelation in a World of Darkened Forms"
The bird of Hermes is my name, eating my wings to make me tame
#54Erupt50Posted 11/25/2012 9:42:22 AM
Seems alot of you missed one major point the guy in the video was making which I thought made alot of sense. The point is that most of the bad players don't even realize they're bad. They just don't care how they do, it's just for fun. Some of you need to understand that the majority of CoD players have a completely different mindset about the game then any of us do.

This is why I have to agree with the video when he asks why are they trying to cater to this group of players that just simply don't give a damn about the game or how good they are at it. If you stop and think about it it's pretty ridiculous.

Also this discussion involves more than just skill based matching. It's everything they've done recently to try to help out the bad players.
---
PSN- Erupt50 XBL- Erupt50
#55Superman070776Posted 11/25/2012 9:43:20 AM
I don't understand why "good" players are getting so upset. If you think people only get better by playing people who are a challenge, then you should be having a blast playing people who can give you competition instead of pubstomping bad players. BTW, I am a bad players. I enjoy playing, but I keep my k/d under 1. I don't care about that, and would be just fine with having an option to hide all of my stats from myself, because I play to have a good time, not stress over who has a bigger hit detection box....

Besides, if there is a problem with all CODs, it is just that there are some try-hards out there whining and complaining about every small thing, and it is annoying. Now the try-hards will be lumped together, and the rest of us (aka Bad Players) get to have fun playing in relative peace.
---
Game Devs...you will never please all of these complainers...so just ignore them and keep giving the rest of us the games we like.
#56zxrax_alt_1Posted 11/25/2012 9:44:45 AM
vigorm0rtis posted...
VauntX posted...
@vigorm0rtis: Sums it up perfectly.

I actually find it hilarious that people are freaking out like this so bad. At the first topic, I was just like what an idiot, but after about ten topics of this ****, I can only shake my head in disbelief.

I know. If people don't want competition, why are they playing a competitive online game? Is it a self esteem thing? If they just like the gameplay they can stomp the bots. Since that's not enough, it's clearly an issue of bettering others in an arena where they can't compete. I hate to be harsh about it, but if you need that to have fun in CoD, you don't really like the game, and I have to assume you're not successful at anything IRL.

What the flying f*** makes you think CoD is a competitive game? Shock charges, claymores, betties, sights that look through walls... yeah, CoD was really designed to be competitive from the get-go...

That's not the case. And the whole 'if you don't want competition play bots on easy' argument needs to stop, because it' s absurd. This is absolute evidence that the individual wielding that argument is awful at the game. Playing against bots is not the same, and if you were half as good as anyone else on this board you would understand that concept.
---
Steam: zxrax || GT: v Raage
HAF X || i7-3770K @4.5 || H80 || Maximus V Extreme || 8GB DDR3-2133 || [Integrated :(] || 120GB SSD || 2TB HDD
#57DOSFPosted 11/25/2012 9:48:28 AM(edited)
fatclemenza posted...
From a better player than you

http://youtu.be/7kgqMTysEqI

I don't understand the first sentence, as for the link, well:

He speaks about League Play. Fair enough, it makes it sort of pointless if it features in all modes of play. But that is the only decent point made.

The rest is more or less "wahhh I can't roflstomp" as often as I could in previous CoDs.

Put it this way - I would bet my house that those who think themselves of the higher up kind, the sort that like to boast about KDR and WL, would be buffing those stats up in normal mode if 'skill-based match making' didn't exist within. The only problem now is that supposedly, you can't do that, that often.

Fact is however, every game isn't a challenge with how it works at the moment. It's being blown out of proportion.
---
"I'M HERE TO SAVE YOU! Right after I get done rubbing my arse against this wall." - Arctic_Sunrise
#58fatclemenza(Topic Creator)Posted 11/25/2012 9:44:59 AM
Ooh, how about revenge spawns and tiny little mazes for maps so things will be fast-paced and fun?

It seems like we already have those. I had a guy I just killed spawn with me in his line of sight and finish me off before my health could even regenerate. On Raid of all maps. rage.jpg

Your multiple playlist idea is sound though.
---
He's a well respected man about town,
Doing the best things so conservatively
#59yummymexicanPosted 11/25/2012 9:45:26 AM
zxrax_alt_1 posted...
vigorm0rtis posted...
VauntX posted...
@vigorm0rtis: Sums it up perfectly.

I actually find it hilarious that people are freaking out like this so bad. At the first topic, I was just like what an idiot, but after about ten topics of this ****, I can only shake my head in disbelief.

I know. If people don't want competition, why are they playing a competitive online game? Is it a self esteem thing? If they just like the gameplay they can stomp the bots. Since that's not enough, it's clearly an issue of bettering others in an arena where they can't compete. I hate to be harsh about it, but if you need that to have fun in CoD, you don't really like the game, and I have to assume you're not successful at anything IRL.

What the flying f*** makes you think CoD is a competitive game? Shock charges, claymores, betties, sights that look through walls... yeah, CoD was really designed to be competitive from the get-go...

That's not the case. And the whole 'if you don't want competition play bots on easy' argument needs to stop, because it' s absurd. This is absolute evidence that the individual wielding that argument is awful at the game. Playing against bots is not the same, and if you were half as good as anyone else on this board you would understand that concept.

You guys are talking to walls, quite frankly.
---
GT- Snahck
#60BrockObamaPosted 11/25/2012 9:46:14 AM
Superman070776 posted...
I don't understand why "good" players are getting so upset. If you think people only get better by playing people who are a challenge, then you should be having a blast playing people who can give you competition instead of pubstomping bad players. BTW, I am a bad players. I enjoy playing, but I keep my k/d under 1. I don't care about that, and would be just fine with having an option to hide all of my stats from myself, because I play to have a good time, not stress over who has a bigger hit detection box....

Besides, if there is a problem with all CODs, it is just that there are some try-hards out there whining and complaining about every small thing, and it is annoying. Now the try-hards will be lumped together, and the rest of us (aka Bad Players) get to have fun playing in relative peace.

Good players already have a place to play good players.

We play pubs for pure fun. We like to be able to experiment with other gun setups/perks while still having a chance to win.

It gets old really quick being essentially forced to stick to an SMG or the M8 to win a match. These higher-level lobbies are also plagued with mouthy little kids that literally do nothing but sit on the game all day and are wanna-be MLG players.

I was getting hate mail 1 in 3 or 1 in 4 games. That's not fun. I miss playing with cool people once in a while.

Fortunately, I tanked my stats on purpose, so this game will be fun again once the lag and spawn issues get sorted out.