So what underused / overused items in the game are going to get a buff / nerf?

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Call of Duty: Black Ops II
  3. So what underused / overused items in the game are going to get a buff / nerf?
3 years ago#31
grishow1 posted...
Would like black hat to change, don't think you should be able to steal a teammates care package

It should still be able to take team mate care packages as that can still be useful. What needs to change is that the person who called in the cp should be able to take it faster than the guy with black hat. Black hat just needs to take longer than it currently does.
---
PSN- Erupt50 XBL- Erupt50
3 years ago#32
Betties - No more ultimate Frisbee games going on
Lightning Strike - some sort of delay
Black Hat - not seen it in action tbh but what iv heard it sounds pretty good
Some guns like SMGs - Larger hip fire radius
3 years ago#33
Foxx3k posted...
I think Ghost needs a minor buff so that you can mantle objectives without being considered "not moving."

The whole needing to be moving thing just needs to be taken away, ghost camping was never a problem only bad players moaned about it.

MW3 assassin was stupid it countered so much but if its just UAVs then the perk is fine.
3 years ago#34
I think the balance between assault rifles and submachine guns is pretty good. Sub machineguns are more prevalent because of the maps. Assault rifles really shine on the bigger maps. Perhaps they will release some bigger maps in map packs.

I think Long Barrel is fine. If you extend range too far, then you make assault rifles even less useful.

SCAR-H either needs less recoil or more damage, perhaps both. As is, it's a slower firing MTAR with more recoil.

I haven't used the M8A1, but the consensus is it's overpowered. Perhaps decreasing the fire rate will help. It has always been difficult to balance burst fire weapons between overpowered (Type 95) and useless (MW3 M16).
3 years ago#35
*Explodes*

Lightning strike incoming.

-_-
3 years ago#36
1. I'd advocate faster mantling being switched from Dex to ExCon.
2. Hardwired needs to prevent hacking and give killstreaks extra health/flares.
3. Reduce recoil on Scar very slightly and make it no more than 4-hit kill at long range.

LeQuack147 posted...
I'd like something done about Bouncing Betties, I see more of those things than grenades lately. A delay between throwing and being active would be good.

There are several counters though and at least the Betties in BO2 might help force people away from Dexterity or Ghost and/or Shock Charge to use one of those counters.
Also, Betties were a joke in MW3; I play on default settting and yet still managed to prone easily below any I set off.
3 years ago#37
DJ_Pauly_D posted...
Foxx3k posted...
I think Ghost needs a minor buff so that you can mantle objectives without being considered "not moving."

The whole needing to be moving thing just needs to be taken away, ghost camping was never a problem only bad players moaned about it.

MW3 assassin was stupid it countered so much but if its just UAVs then the perk is fine.

The way it is now is better.
---
"An Incandescent Revelation in a World of Darkened Forms"
The bird of Hermes is my name, eating my wings to make me tame
3 years ago#38
RandomTramp posted...
1. I'd advocate faster mantling being switched from Dex to ExCon.
2. Hardwired needs to prevent hacking and give killstreaks extra health/flares.
3. Reduce recoil on Scar very slightly and make it no more than 4-hit kill at long range.

LeQuack147 posted...
I'd like something done about Bouncing Betties, I see more of those things than grenades lately. A delay between throwing and being active would be good.

There are several counters though and at least the Betties in BO2 might help force people away from Dexterity or Ghost and/or Shock Charge to use one of those counters.
Also, Betties were a joke in MW3; I play on default settting and yet still managed to prone easily below any I set off.

The very least they should change is the not disappearing upon death, they shouldnt stay active while watching the killcam.
3 years ago#39
Zero IX posted...
DJ_Pauly_D posted...
Foxx3k posted...

The way it is now is better.

Why? Shall we just make it a requirement on every perk so that nobody is ever still?
3 years ago#40
Zero IX posted...
supercoolisaac posted...
Zero IX posted...
Too soon for anything except for Hard-Wired IMO.

Betties need to either have a timer before they are armed, or make them disappear the instant the person throwing it dies, so people dont throw them around like c4. It's a little bit ridiculous as it is right now. Or at least have a slight delay between setting it off and it blowing up.

Best solution would be a moment's delay before becoming active (purely because things disappearing the moment the player dies just seems... odd), but I don't really mind 'em because of FJ.

Equipment disappears as soon as they respawn, i.e. after their killcam is over. If equipment disappeared immediately after dying, they would be useless in S&D. I would not be opposed to Bouncing Betties having an arming timer after landing.
  1. Boards
  2. Call of Duty: Black Ops II
  3. So what underused / overused items in the game are going to get a buff / nerf?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived