So what underused / overused items in the game are going to get a buff / nerf?

#41DJ_Pauly_DPosted 11/25/2012 11:22:48 AM
chessmyantidrug posted...
Zero IX posted...
supercoolisaac posted...
Zero IX posted...
Too soon for anything except for Hard-Wired IMO.

Betties need to either have a timer before they are armed, or make them disappear the instant the person throwing it dies, so people dont throw them around like c4. It's a little bit ridiculous as it is right now. Or at least have a slight delay between setting it off and it blowing up.

Best solution would be a moment's delay before becoming active (purely because things disappearing the moment the player dies just seems... odd), but I don't really mind 'em because of FJ.

Equipment disappears as soon as they respawn, i.e. after their killcam is over. If equipment disappeared immediately after dying, they would be useless in S&D. I would not be opposed to Bouncing Betties having an arming timer after landing.

Why would they be useless in S&D? If you die you deserve to lose the bouncing betty.
#42Erupt50Posted 11/25/2012 11:25:38 AM
DJ_Pauly_D posted...
RandomTramp posted...
1. I'd advocate faster mantling being switched from Dex to ExCon.
2. Hardwired needs to prevent hacking and give killstreaks extra health/flares.
3. Reduce recoil on Scar very slightly and make it no more than 4-hit kill at long range.

LeQuack147 posted...
I'd like something done about Bouncing Betties, I see more of those things than grenades lately. A delay between throwing and being active would be good.

There are several counters though and at least the Betties in BO2 might help force people away from Dexterity or Ghost and/or Shock Charge to use one of those counters.
Also, Betties were a joke in MW3; I play on default settting and yet still managed to prone easily below any I set off.

The very least they should change is the not disappearing upon death, they shouldnt stay active while watching the killcam.

No way. That's the best part after you get killed knowing the enemy is going to run into your betty. Fun times
---
PSN- Erupt50 XBL- Erupt50
#43chessmyantidrugPosted 11/25/2012 11:27:07 AM
You use equipment in S&D to defend the objective. If your equipment disappears when you die, then it would encourage camping if for no other reason than to preserve your equipment. No Call of Duty title has ever seen equipment disappear until you respawn. They shouldn't start now. The very notion that they should is silly.
#44DJ_Pauly_DPosted 11/25/2012 11:27:09 AM
Erupt50 posted...
DJ_Pauly_D posted...
RandomTramp posted...
1. I'd advocate faster mantling being switched from Dex to ExCon.
2. Hardwired needs to prevent hacking and give killstreaks extra health/flares.
3. Reduce recoil on Scar very slightly and make it no more than 4-hit kill at long range.

LeQuack147 posted...
I'd like something done about Bouncing Betties, I see more of those things than grenades lately. A delay between throwing and being active would be good.

There are several counters though and at least the Betties in BO2 might help force people away from Dexterity or Ghost and/or Shock Charge to use one of those counters.
Also, Betties were a joke in MW3; I play on default settting and yet still managed to prone easily below any I set off.

The very least they should change is the not disappearing upon death, they shouldnt stay active while watching the killcam.

No way. That's the best part after you get killed knowing the enemy is going to run into your betty. Fun times

Its fun for the person with the betty but imo a player should be rewarded for skill and good play, so if you are caught with your pants down and are knifed as you place a betty you shouldnt pick up a free kill for it.
#45chessmyantidrugPosted 11/25/2012 11:28:29 AM
So placing a Bouncing Betty or Claymore isn't "good play" or "skillful"?
#46DJ_Pauly_DPosted 11/25/2012 11:29:22 AM
You use equipment in S&D to defend the objective. If your equipment disappears when you die, then it would encourage camping if for no other reason than to preserve your equipment. No Call of Duty title has ever seen equipment disappear until you respawn. They shouldn't start now. The very notion that they should is silly.

Maybe i could condone it in S&D but for every other game mode it should just disappear straight away as soon as they die, people shouldnt be watching the kill cam hoping that the person that just outplayed them runs into their betty.
#47supercoolisaacPosted 11/25/2012 11:29:38 AM

Not if it gets kills for you after you're dead.

Sure as hell wouldn't call that skill.
---
"Persistence until excellence."
http://www.youtube.com/user/supercoolisaac
#48DJ_Pauly_DPosted 11/25/2012 11:30:11 AM

Im not sure what this is, so ill just answer it honestly, no anyone can do it.
#49CammyApplePosted 11/25/2012 11:30:45 AM
With betties make it so if the person dies before the Betty hits the ground it disappears.
Get rid of the massive spotlight on tac inserts.
Have silencers reduce or even remove bullet penetration.

As it is ghost plus dexterity makes it so you can mantle without showing up. Nothing needs to be changed there.

Do something to make claymores seem useful. As it is there seems to be no reason to use them over bb.
Dead silence and awareness fixes.
Swap cuav and cp on points list in order to make hardwired more useful.
Maybe make it so hardwired makes your own care packages trapped. Thus if you can't get it it can kill an enemy.

If they aren't going to fix footsteps make it so sprinting shows you on the mini map unless you have dead silence equipped.
#50Linctagon7Posted 11/25/2012 11:33:46 AM
Flak Jacket need a nerf.

I can tank two Betties or Two Claymore stacked on eachother and not die. That's broken.

And before anyone starts the old Tacmask argument - Tacticals don't kill you.