So what underused / overused items in the game are going to get a buff / nerf?

#81bagmupPosted 11/25/2012 2:55:15 PM
chessmyantidrug posted...
So placing a Bouncing Betty or Claymore doesn't take any skill whatsoever? I beg to differ. You need to know routes and player tendencies. Otherwise it won't get you a kill.

My engineer and black hat laugh at your betty. Also, the most common way i've seen bettys used is throwing them at me when i'm killing the thrower :/
---
GT : YourOwnInsanity.
PSN : Bagmup
#82Michael-kunPosted 11/25/2012 2:57:53 PM
supercoolisaac posted...
Zero IX posted...
Too soon for anything except for Hard-Wired IMO.

Betties need to either have a timer before they are armed, or make them disappear the instant the person throwing it dies, so people dont throw them around like c4. It's a little bit ridiculous as it is right now. Or at least have a slight delay between setting it off and it blowing up.

Betties really don't need any changing, you can duck under them pretty easily
---
http://i.imgur.com/FIMMi.gif
#83AaronHutchPosted 11/25/2012 2:57:55 PM
executioner needs a buff more than anything else in this game: Fact
---
Holmes versus Moriarty, Aristotle versus MASHY-SPIKE PLATE!
#84chessmyantidrugPosted 11/25/2012 3:00:05 PM
bagmup posted...
chessmyantidrug posted...
So placing a Bouncing Betty or Claymore doesn't take any skill whatsoever? I beg to differ. You need to know routes and player tendencies. Otherwise it won't get you a kill.

My engineer and black hat laugh at your betty. Also, the most common way i've seen bettys used is throwing them at me when i'm killing the thrower :/

Because equipment can be countered so easily, I don't think they need to be nerfed. I personally prefer to use grenades. I find them more useful than Bouncing Betties or Claymores. I still say it takes some semblance of skill to place them.
#85ICantNameGudPosted 11/25/2012 3:01:37 PM
Lmao at people whining about Ghost. I use it on freaking snipers and it works fine. These maps are tiny, you have no reason to remain static for more than 2 seconds or you're leaving yourself exposed.

Same thing with people crying about doing poorly/shot in the back without footsteps. You need to pay more attention to your surroundings instead of hoping someone will eventually run by a window.

At this point there's no excuse for having poor map-awareness unless you got the game on Black Friday.
---
Get it right, do it nice. If you make a mistake, you're gonna pay for it twice. If you need it... got to have it. Get yourself a shotgun and bring it back home
#86Afghan_Whig777Posted 11/25/2012 3:19:28 PM
supercoolisaac posted...
My best guesses would be...

Buff: executioner, hard wired, ex con.

Nerf: Bouncing betties, lightning strike, M8A1. Possible nerf to range and increase recoil/hip fire on some smg's.

That's all i can think of at the moment.

Let me get this straight, you want to nerf possibly the only gun that can stay competitive to the smg class?

Select fire and Quickhand are mandatory on M8A1. Don't tell me quickhand isn't, a decent smg player will shred you without one. Toughness isn't mandatory, but it helps out tremendously

That leaves less experimentation right there
---
GT: Arcade Fire87