Remember in MW2 when....

#11laidiesmann24(Topic Creator)Posted 11/25/2012 9:10:47 PM
Loshadt posted...
Everything else in that game a problem? Bad player detected. OMA/DC was the game's only problem.

Yes, I'm not very good. But that's beside the point. You don't think there was even a small problem with assault rifles that killed in two shots and had zero recoil or sway?

I think MW2 was the last game to even really have a decent amount of recoil with the guns.

Even with deathstreaks like painkiller and killstreaks easy to get, the connection in that game alone makes MW2 worth talking about because that was the last COD to have a decent connection at the start of the games release and forward. Sure, the game had bs, but after playing a couple weeks of BO2, who wouldn't want to go back to a highly populated online in MW2 without hackers and OMA/DC spam? I can't believe I'm saying this, but I hope MW4 magically pulls a MW2. Not betting on it, but I'm hoping for it, lol
#12crucialPosted 11/25/2012 9:15:15 PM
MW2 was the most fun but it was also the most unbalanced,it was fun because you had lot's of choices,SP made it so any gun in the game was OP,secondary's worked really well AA-12 anyone?

I will admit though BO2 feels like a balanced version of MW2 with horrible map's,I like it but MW2 is king balanced or not.
#13Keyblade660Posted 11/25/2012 9:20:10 PM(edited)
DrascalKiller posted...
BrownPack posted...
Loshadt posted...
MW2 was CoD's high point as far as connection goes. It was flawless in that department,

Shame about everything else though.

Everything else in that game a problem? Bad player detected. OMA/DC was the game's only problem.

Commando, Stopping power, secondary shotguns, Quickscoping (annoying, not overpowered), deathstreaks. There was plenty wrong with MW2.

And guess what? So there may be many of these 'problems' you listed (even when the game first came out I thought these things were problems), but I found that playing MW2 after BO1, MW3, that all these 'problems' were counters to each other.

Quickscoping can easily be countered by rushers.
Shotguns countered by long range (cause the maps in MW2 actually had diversity and weren't all CQC -.-).
You can't say SP is a problem because everyone used it, thus an even-playing field.
Etc.

I used to rage hard at the game because I used to think everything was BS, but then I find MW2, dare I say, one of the most balanced CODs after MW1 and WaW. Kill me now, but I believe it to be true. There are counters for everything (maybe except OMA/DC where I still think its BS...) and the maps cater for all type of playstyles, not like BO2 maps where every map feels like it's designed for SMGs and CQC. There is no diversity, you can't expect to do as well with a sniper or a shotgun as an SMG because the maps only cater for one playstyle.

TL;DR: All the 'problems' in MW2 were actually counters to each other. BO2 maps lack diversity and cater for only CQC and SMGs, unlike MW2 where most maps were designed for all type of playstyles.

EDIT: Sorry, a lot of spelling mistakes here. Auto-correction on mah phone.
---
PSN(s): Keyblade660 & Toriyama-
Two equally used separate accounts :D and Toriyama with the dash at the end.
#14FeelMyBladePosted 11/25/2012 9:20:15 PM
CoD 4 is better than MW2.
---
brohoof anyone? ^-^ /) ? No. of Brohoofs-35
I reward Cool users with a Cool Prize. Wait list: 2, Given:12
#15Artha_PennPosted 11/25/2012 9:22:14 PM
I find it interesting that people are comparing MW2 and BO2 like this.. They do realise that both games are made by different companies, so of course things are going to be different. You shouldn't expect two companies to use everything that each of the other does. If they did, people would complain that things are TOO much the same....then again..I think they already do. lol.
---
Everyone can use a little brother.-Lance Penn
Xbox Live GamerTag and PSN Name: KatoriaTheRed
#16FungumPosted 11/25/2012 9:24:27 PM
FeelMyBlade posted...

Shame about it being so mind dulling and boring.
#17FeelMyBladePosted 11/25/2012 9:25:37 PM
Fungum posted...
FeelMyBlade posted...

I had more fun with it than MW2, I don't see how that makes it dull and boring.
---
brohoof anyone? ^-^ /) ? No. of Brohoofs-35
I reward Cool users with a Cool Prize. Wait list: 2, Given:12
#18laidiesmann24(Topic Creator)Posted 11/25/2012 9:26:21 PM
Keyblade660 posted...
DrascalKiller posted...
BrownPack posted...
Loshadt posted...
MW2 was CoD's high point as far as connection goes. It was flawless in that department,

Shame about everything else though.

Commando, Stopping power, secondary shotguns, Quickscoping (annoying, not overpowered), deathstreaks. There was plenty wrong with MW2.

And guess what? So there may be many of these 'problems' you listed (even when the game first came out I thought these things were problems), but I found that playing MW2 after BO1, MW3, that all these 'problems' were counters to each other.

Quickscoping can easily be countered by rushers.
Shotguns countered by long range (cause the maps in MW2 actually had diversity and weren't all CQC -.-).
You can't say SP is a problem because everyone used it, thus an even-playing field.
Etc.

I used to rage hard at the game because I used to think everything was BS, but then I find MW2, dare I say, one of the most balanced CODs after MW1 and WaW. Kill me now, but I believe it to be true. There are counters for everything (maybe except OMA/DC where I still think its BS...) and the maps cater for all type of playstyles, not like BO2 maps where every map feels like it's designed for SMGs and CQC. There is no diversity, you can't expect to do as well with a sniper or a shotgun as an SMG because the maps only cater for one playstyle.

TL;DR: All the 'problems' in MW2 were actually counters to each other. BO2 maps lack diversity and cater for only CQC and SMGs, unlike MW2 where most maps were designed for all type of playstyles.

EDIT: Sorry, a lot of spelling mistakes here. Auto-correction on mah phone.

This all the way. This is my main point when people say MW2 was unbalanced. SP made everything balanced! Unbelievable right?

You had your maps like Rust and Scrapyard. But then you maps like Estate and Terminal. Then maps like Derail(kind of weak mp tbh), and Underpass. There was something for everyone and a counter for everything.

The maps on this game.....man are they terrible. I hate Plaza along with every other map on BO2, but now I'm starting to think it's the best one because I could use a AR and do decent on that map kind of. Same for Turbine. Absolutely despise it, but it gave me a chance to shine with an AR.
#19FungumPosted 11/25/2012 9:27:39 PM
FeelMyBlade posted...
Fungum posted...
FeelMyBlade posted...

I had more fun with it than MW2, I don't see how that makes it dull and boring.

I had

There we go. I understand CoD4 revolutionized the series, but it's so goddamn boring to me.
#20Blizzard09Posted 11/25/2012 9:29:05 PM
hmm I shoot people fine. I watch peoples streams and they hit people fine.
---
Mods = Kids to young for this board.