Remember in MW2 when....

#231blacklabelicePosted 11/28/2012 3:09:44 PM
wow 10 blocked messages just on this page

must be the two fanboys going off on how balanced this game is when two broken things would counter one another and how fun it was to exploit, but annoy everybody else that just wants to play a game that somewhat operates as a functional FPS
#232NarutoTaioPosted 11/28/2012 3:10:13 PM
Are you guys serious? LOL
#233BrownPackPosted 11/28/2012 3:13:08 PM
TimandEric posted...

Sorry man, but you're doing a terrible job trying to prove your point. You just contradicted yourself again it seems, I simply bolded the obvious ones I felt needed to be addressed. First and foremost, the notion that shotguns were somehow less useful because of "weapon draw time" is laughable. 1. It's called Sleight of Hand Pro (lightning quick weapon swaps) and 2. The stupidity of a player to "not know when to draw their close range weapon" isn't a counter to shotguns, it's just that.....a stupid player. The fact that you try and present this as a legitimate counter point is really grasping at straws. You can't deny that shotguns were strong primaries (not to mention the strongest in any CoD game), this is something you have even agreed with, so I really don't understand why you keep defending the fact that a primary power close range weapon was "fine" in the secondary slot. The fact that they nerfed shottys in subsequent games is irrelevant, we are talking in the context of MW2 here, and in that game, shotguns were the top tier close range weapons, and had no business being a secondary weapon. And that brings me to the last bolded point, one which seems to be the basis of your whole argument. The fact that you admit at the end that "balance might've been thrown out" justifies what I have been saying the entire time, and is really the only thing that needed to be said. I get it, you like MW2, but you're using excuses to justify why you liked the game. Shotgun secondaries broke gun balance. Just because you found them "fun" doesn't mean that they weren't overpowered as secondaries......they were

Um... did you even play MW2? Sleight of hand did NOT affect weapon swap time. That was in MW3. (http://callofduty.wikia.com/wiki/Sleight_of_Hand) Sleight of Hand Pro only sped up the ADS time. Never weapon swaps until MW3.

And I never said that the stupidity of a player to know when to draw was a counter. I just said the slow swap time can cost people's lives. (Don't forget, sleight of hand doesn't speed swap time)

And as I've said, Shotguns don't trump SMG's. Occasionally, yes, but it's not a flat out thing. SMG's still have WAY more versatility than the shotguns.

And when I said "balance might be thrown out" it was in quotes, meaning I don't agree with the statement. I'm just quoting you.

No, shotguns being nerfed in subsequent games is still a relevant point. You're making it irrelevant by taking out the context that it was used in before. The context that you brought about in the first place. You mentioning that "There's a reason why they haven't had shottys as secondaries since then..." gives me reason to talk about why they're nerfed in other games, because of MW2. And the reason it was nerfed in other games was because people immaturely complained about it in MW2.

Anyways, Shotguns being top tier close range weapons is debatable. As I've said before, Shotguns either have range, but slow rate of fire, or they have high rate of fire, but little to no range. Machine pistols, whether akimbo or not prove to be better at CQC in many occasions. Akimbo G18's have more effective range than the Spas. Yes, the Spas will kill quick, but in the event that the Spas misses or gets hitmarkers (which happens quite frequently) the G18 will mop the floor with the spas user. In short, Shotguns are quicker killing machines, but have huge room for error in comparison to machine pistols. But machine pistols don't take too long to kill themselves. A Raffica can kill in the same time that an M16 does.
#234TimandEricPosted 11/28/2012 3:17:37 PM
Stonedwolfed posted...
TimandEric posted...
And that brings me to the last bolded point, one which seems to be the basis of your whole argument. The fact that you admit at the end that "balance might've been thrown out" justifies what I have been saying the entire time, and is really the only thing that needed to be said. I get it, you like MW2, but you're using excuses to justify why you liked the game. Shotgun secondaries broke gun balance. Just because you found them "fun" doesn't mean that they weren't overpowered as secondaries......they were

Rubbish. The sort of argument I'd expect from someone who doesn't even know the Perks of the game. If shotguns were over-powered you'd see them more often than you do. Yes, they are common. But so too are pistols. Machine pistols. SMGs. ARs. LMGs. Snipers.

They are correctly balanced. As primary weapons they would see no use in the game.

You're either insane or delusional if you honestly think that shotguns didn't dominate the secondary slot during MW2's heyday. No one and I mean absolutely NO ONE used pistols that didn't have a tac knife attached. I've already laid out my argument in previous posts, so maybe you should state things that back up your ridiculous claims. What do Perks have to do with shotguns being wrongly placed as secondaries? Sorry, but when you say things like "If shotguns were over-powered you'd see them more often than you do", then it's pretty clear you have absolutely no idea what you're talking about. Either that, or you're thinking of the wrong game...
#235BrownPackPosted 11/28/2012 3:34:20 PM
TimandEric posted...
Stonedwolfed posted...
TimandEric posted...
And that brings me to the last bolded point, one which seems to be the basis of your whole argument. The fact that you admit at the end that "balance might've been thrown out" justifies what I have been saying the entire time, and is really the only thing that needed to be said. I get it, you like MW2, but you're using excuses to justify why you liked the game. Shotgun secondaries broke gun balance. Just because you found them "fun" doesn't mean that they weren't overpowered as secondaries......they were

Rubbish. The sort of argument I'd expect from someone who doesn't even know the Perks of the game. If shotguns were over-powered you'd see them more often than you do. Yes, they are common. But so too are pistols. Machine pistols. SMGs. ARs. LMGs. Snipers.

They are correctly balanced. As primary weapons they would see no use in the game.

You're either insane or delusional if you honestly think that shotguns didn't dominate the secondary slot during MW2's heyday. No one and I mean absolutely NO ONE used pistols that didn't have a tac knife attached. I've already laid out my argument in previous posts, so maybe you should state things that back up your ridiculous claims. What do Perks have to do with shotguns being wrongly placed as secondaries? Sorry, but when you say things like "If shotguns were over-powered you'd see them more often than you do", then it's pretty clear you have absolutely no idea what you're talking about. Either that, or you're thinking of the wrong game...

No, he's right though. As commonplace as shotguns are in MW2, they don't run amok like everyone makes them out to be. Even in MW2's heyday, I saw plenty of akimbo/ single machine pistols. The only reason many people run shotguns is because they want that one, quick, kill. Same reason many almost always run Stopping Power. The same people who don't think about the game in the long run, they just think about the next kill. Remember, the mentality of a lot of people who play this game is to get kills.
#236unpleasant_milkPosted 11/28/2012 3:36:35 PM
Stonedwolfed posted...
Shotguns in MW2 are not primary weapons because, mostly, the maps are so large. They become primary on very small maps in in confined areas, but for the most part you don't see people running around with them on most maps.

Even so, I don't think shotguns are even the best secondary. I'm an M93 Raffica silenced man. Those things are insane. Ammo efficient. Almost invisible bullet trails. An M16 in the hand.

But like the shotguns they don't have the sheer range of primary weapons... and in MW2 that's important because many of the maps are very large.

As opposed to an M16 in the foot?
---
GT unpleasant milk
Lifes just a game guys, don't get mad....
#237TimandEricPosted 11/28/2012 3:36:46 PM
BrownPack posted...
TimandEric posted...

If shotguns were simply just made into secondaries, but were still as powerful as MW2's, then you'd be absolutely right.

Even if the "balance" might've been "thrown out" because of shotguns, I still have never seen another CoD where the shotguns have gotten such great usage.

I will post this again. These are YOUR words, not mine. You clearly admit that "balance" is not the important aspect to you, so please just stop with trying to convince people that shotgun secondaries didn't screw up gun balance, it's right there in your own words. That's completely fine that you think this game was the best and that you enjoyed it, but stop using that as an excuse to try and incorrectly justify that this game has good gun balance, it simply doesn't, and shotgun secondaries contributed to and IMO were the biggest reason for it. Also,my mistake, Sleight of Hand Pro doesn't decrease swap time (was thinking of MW3), as you're tenacious MW2 fanboy friend was quick to jump on me for. Good day sir.
#238blacklabelicePosted 11/28/2012 3:40:29 PM(edited)
just ignore the dude. he's trying to troll you with his blatant ignorance and fanboyism. its the only way they know of getting a rise over themselves
#239BrownPackPosted 11/28/2012 3:45:17 PM
TimandEric posted...
BrownPack posted...
TimandEric posted...

If shotguns were simply just made into secondaries, but were still as powerful as MW2's, then you'd be absolutely right.

Even if the "balance" might've been "thrown out" because of shotguns, I still have never seen another CoD where the shotguns have gotten such great usage.

I will post this again. These are YOUR words, not mine. You clearly admit that "balance" is not the important aspect to you, so please just stop with trying to convince people that shotgun secondaries didn't screw up gun balance, it's right there in your own words. That's completely fine that you think this game was the best and that you enjoyed it, but stop using that as an excuse to try and incorrectly justify that this game has good gun balance, it simply doesn't, and shotgun secondaries contributed to and IMO were the biggest reason for it. Also,my mistake, Sleight of Hand Pro doesn't decrease swap time (was thinking of MW3), as you're tenacious MW2 fanboy friend was quick to jump on me for. Good day sir.

again, I put it in quotations. Meaning I don't agree with it, or I loosely do. In this case, I don't. When did I admit that balance isn't important?

Oh, and that first part you bolded, I meant to say primaries. I got mixed up with my words. An error there on my part, of course, and I hope you forgive me on that. It might be a stretch to say that it's easy to mix up primary and secondary, but I mentioned those two so much, I got lost in my own words.
#240BrownPackPosted 11/28/2012 3:45:49 PM
Also, on another note, to 500 we go!