Remember in MW2 when....

#241Faust_8Posted 11/28/2012 4:09:51 PM
People with shotguns barely ever pressed Y? On what grounds? Did you actively remember every gamertag of every shotgun death and kept track if he killed you with his other gun? Even if you did, that's not taking into accounts all his kills that aren't you.

I pressed Y all the damn time. Seriously, why wouldn't you? Take, for example, Sub Base. I'd have my ExMags SCAR for outside, but any time people tried to sit in the indoor areas and camp their little asses off (or ANY TIME I entered the indoor area regardless) out comes the ExMags AA-12. Or on Wasteland, I'd have my rifle for the outdoors but whip out the shotgun when going in the underground bunker. On Estate, the shotgun is for clearing out the houses, the rifle is for everywhere else.

It literally makes no sense to say when we equipped a shotgun, we forgot that we have a rifle for any big outdoor spaces. That's like saying Marathon was useless because people just don't hold down sprint forever because they forget they have Marathon. I did this with every class that had a shotgun.

Secondly, if you can't use MW2 shotguns as primaries you're just terrible at using shotguns period. Yes, some maps are too large for them...usually. But if you can't use a shotgun only and do well on Sub Base, Terminal, Skidrow, Quarry, Favela, Highrise, Invasion, Karachi...actually I'm done listing them. It's practically all of them. The trick is you avoid certain areas of the maps. There are ways of getting around ALL of them without being at too much risk of being shot from outside your range. This is especially easy when you have Marathon Pro, thus never spending much time in the high-risk areas.

Even on Wasteland I think I could do fine. I would just stick to the trenches and bunker. It's that simple. The entire map doesn't have to be small in order to use a shotgun there, you just need to not use the entire map. On Derail, I'd just beeline to one of the big buildings and patrol inside or the area immediately next to it.

If I can get 30 kills with the Olympia on Array, people who can use shotguns should be able to do pretty damn well with the shotguns as primaries in MW2. Besides, if BrownPack is right, people did with the MW2 shotguns anyway (since he said we'd only use the shotgun anyway once we equipped it).

Could you both stop trying to support your pet game with unfounded and frankly weird statements of opinion?
---
The supernatural says that if you act a certain way you might avoid suffering. But reality says you came from the stars...
#242JVel91Posted 11/28/2012 4:10:26 PM
JVel91 posted...
MW2 > Blops ll.

---
EMS
#243BrownPackPosted 11/28/2012 4:38:44 PM
Faust_8 posted...

If I can get 30 kills with the Olympia on Array, people who can use shotguns should be able to do pretty damn well with the shotguns as primaries in MW2. Besides, if BrownPack is right, people did with the MW2 shotguns anyway (since he said we'd only use the shotgun anyway once we equipped it).

Well, that's what generally happens. In gametypes like Team Deathmatch, Domination, Demolition, etc, shotgun users typically stick to their shotgun because those gametypes are so fast paced, they usually don't have time to think about switching. The only time I recall people actively switching between their primary and their shotgun is in Search and Destroy, where there is lots of time to switch. Other gametypes, not nearly as much.

Pretty much in MW2, when someone had a shotgun in their class, either they used the primary, or they used the shotgun. simple as that. People typically just ran the shotgun for the duration of that life anyways. Many people put shotguns in their secondary, and don't care at all about what primary they have. They just want to use shotguns.
#244Soul_On_DisplayPosted 11/28/2012 4:43:00 PM
JVel91 posted...
JVel91 posted...
MW2 > Blops ll.

---
Xbox Live: Eighth Element || PSN: Echo_Resonance
~People will always nitpick where they have bias.~
#245bobstevens23123Posted 11/28/2012 4:53:04 PM
gamester091 posted...
BrownPack posted...
Loshadt posted...
MW2 was CoD's high point as far as connection goes. It was flawless in that department,

Shame about everything else though.

Everything else in that game a problem? Bad player detected. OMA/DC was the game's only problem.

i dont mind danger close as much, but one man army was way too cheap.....and commando

this oma was a great idea though, they shouldve patched it so u could only change once a life
---
If you believe in Jesus Christ and are 100% proud of it, put this in your sig.
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/960188-call-of-duty-black-ops/59821100
#246blacklabelicePosted 11/28/2012 5:02:47 PM(edited)
but then you are no longer technically a one man army the second time your ammo runs out and theres no guns on the ground to pick up! then you just become the lone knifer.
#247NarutoTaioPosted 11/28/2012 5:02:48 PM
bobstevens23123 posted...
gamester091 posted...
BrownPack posted...
Loshadt posted...
MW2 was CoD's high point as far as connection goes. It was flawless in that department,

Shame about everything else though.

Everything else in that game a problem? Bad player detected. OMA/DC was the game's only problem.

i dont mind danger close as much, but one man army was way too cheap.....and commando

this oma was a great idea though, they shouldve patched it so u could only change once a life

who the hell cares
the game is dead, and 15 generations old

rofl, you guys are sad
#248StonedwolfedPosted 11/28/2012 5:04:29 PM
TimandEric posted...
You're either insane or delusional if you honestly think that shotguns didn't dominate the secondary slot during MW2's heyday. No one and I mean absolutely NO ONE used pistols that didn't have a tac knife attached.

The hey-dey was full of idiots and people who didn't know jack about MW2 like thinking the Perks swapped weapons faster.

Now the players who remain are the talented players you see non-tac pistols a lot - and they are deadly.

What do Perks have to do with shotguns being wrongly placed as secondaries?

You mean correctly placed as secondaries. A SOH-P that doesn't fast-swap to shotguns make them less viable as an "emergency" CQC weapon. That's how. And if you run-around with them as a primary then you die to anything at range - which most of MW2's maps have.

Perhaps strong shotguns might be primaries in a game where the maps are tiny and maze-like.

That game is not MW2 so shotguns are fine as secondaries. In two MW2 maps could you consider shotguns almost primary - Rush and Scrapyard - and each of those have a high-visibility elevation positions (the Rust tower, each Spawn building in SY). If shotguns were primary they wouldn't even be able to handle the two smallest maps in MW2.

unpleasant_milk posted...
As opposed to an M16 in the foot?

As opposed to an M16 in two hands. ;-)

Think about it though - akimbo M16A4s. :-)
---
GT viberunner - MW2 Legend - now with added microphone technology
#249StonedwolfedPosted 11/28/2012 5:06:35 PM
JVel91 posted...
JVel91 posted...
JVel91 posted...
JVel91 posted...
JVel91 posted...
MW2 > Blops ll.

---
GT viberunner - MW2 Legend - now with added microphone technology
#250blacklabelicePosted 11/28/2012 5:10:18 PM
so youre saying that the ones who are left are the skilled and devoted players who didnt care about spamming all the crap just to piss you off?

well i guess thats a sigh of relief for others who wanted to play. i mean when i went back to it i unfortunately got stuck against teams loaded with dedicated tubers and runners. that was just my experience so i never went back after that. i aint havin none of that brother!