Remember in MW2 when....

#31known2FAILPosted 11/25/2012 10:07:31 PM
I don't know why people keep bring up things that were patched in their arguments. That isn't how it is now. MW2 was the time when people tried to find anything and everything to glitch like it was cool. The devs eventually got that stuff patched so I don't understand why you need to bring it up when it doesn't matter anymore.
---
I knew FMGs would be OP before the game came out:
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/995751-call-of-duty-modern-warfare-3/59204323
#32DrFeelgood1984Posted 11/25/2012 10:09:30 PM
BrownPack posted...
Loshadt posted...
MW2 was CoD's high point as far as connection goes. It was flawless in that department,

Shame about everything else though.

Everything else in that game a problem? Bad player detected. OMA/DC was the game's only problem.

Commando, maps, killstreak stacking, camping (byproduct of killstreak stacking), shotgun secondaries.

That game was complete garbage, those are the only problems I can remember clearly. My mind tried to erase the horrible memory of that game's existence.
---
Scammed by Leighton04 DO NOT trust this user.
#33Soul_On_DisplayPosted 11/25/2012 10:15:12 PM(edited)
DrFeelgood1984 posted...
camping (byproduct of killstreak stacking)

Credibility: 0

Kids will camp no matter what, so long as killstreaks exist as rewards for getting kills. Just about every FPS had camping.

EDIT: ...ever FPS before MW2* had significant camping, and so long as camping remains a safer way to get kills, it always will exist.
---
Xbox Live: Eighth Element || PSN: Echo_Resonance
~People will always nitpick where they have bias.~
#34BlackOps06Posted 11/25/2012 10:14:08 PM
I don't know why people keep bring up things that were patched in their arguments. That isn't how it is now. MW2 was the time when people tried to find anything and everything to glitch like it was cool. The devs eventually got that stuff patched so I don't understand why you need to bring it up when it doesn't matter anymore.

Because it took a bit of time for stuff to actually get patched? It's not like they fixed things like the CP Glitch/Launcher Glitch right away.....it took a bit more time than anyone would've liked. Part of that is due to certification BS that you can blame on MS/Sony, but still.
#35DrFeelgood1984Posted 11/25/2012 10:15:15 PM
Soul_On_Display posted...
DrFeelgood1984 posted...

Kids will camp no matter what, so long as killstreaks exist as rewards for getting kills. Just about every FPS had camping.

The fact that your killstreaks could earn you higher killstreaks encouraged hiding to avoid getting killed. It's the reason no other game was dumb enough to do that again. In BLOPS2, you get significantly less points from your scorestreak kills.
---
Scammed by Leighton04 DO NOT trust this user.
#36known2FAILPosted 11/25/2012 10:16:44 PM
DrFeelgood1984 posted...
BrownPack posted...
Loshadt posted...
MW2 was CoD's high point as far as connection goes. It was flawless in that department,

Everything else in that game a problem? Bad player detected. OMA/DC was the game's only problem.

Commando, maps, killstreak stacking, camping (byproduct of killstreak stacking), shotgun secondaries.

That game was complete garbage, those are the only problems I can remember clearly. My mind tried to erase the horrible memory of that game's existence.

Commando? Fine. Eventhough I had no problems with that perk overall.

Maps? Lol no.

Killstreak stacking? Not really a problem since it has been in every CoD since killstreaks were introduced except BO and that hardly made a difference in making the game better or LOL stopping camping.

Camping? In every game no matter what. In fact, at least in MW2 people camped hot spots of the map and looked at choke points instead of sitting in random corners the whole game like in BO, MW3 and BO2.

Shotgun secondaries? You can have that one too eventhough I didn't mind it too much either. The maps were big enough to not make them dominate everything like those would if put into other CoD games. Plus, everyone used them anyway so it isn't like it was that big of a deal anyway.
---
#37BrownPackPosted 11/25/2012 10:20:10 PM
Saizen13 posted...
BrownPack posted...

I take it you weren't there for the care package marker commando knifing or the javalin suicide ordeal? It was DMH from MW3 but times 10. Commando in general was pretty bogus. Loved the hit detection in MW2. Nuke camping was an issue, as was boosting in FFA, though booster hunting was pretty fun. Explosions were too strong, even without DC. Semtex grenades were insane. Scav / claymore camping was everywhere. Had they patched some of the perks it would have been a great game.

Why do people continue to keep on mentioning things about a game that were PATCHED? if given the ability, I'd backhand you so hard right now, because I am sick and tired of hearing people complain about things that don't even exist anymore. Commando was annoying, but it wasn't OP. Remember, not having ninja puts you at a huge disadvantage because your footsteps are loud as hell. Explosions weren't strong. Not without DC. You only just recognize it too much. Semtex wasn't insane. Scav claymore was fine. Use sitrep.

DrFeelgood1984 posted...
BrownPack posted...
Loshadt posted...

Hey, I'm DrFeelgood1984 and I'm going to mention problems with a game without even explaining what's wrong with them, because apparently that's all that is necessary.

You calling it complete garbage says a lot about you. You must be GARBAGE at CoD, or just games in general. Have fun being a casual player.
#38FeelMyBladePosted 11/25/2012 10:21:22 PM
DrFeelgood1984 posted...
DrFeelgood1984 posted...

The fact that your killstreaks could earn you higher killstreaks encouraged hiding to avoid getting killed. It's the reason no other game was dumb enough to do that again. In BLOPS2, you get significantly less points from your scorestreak kills.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FKURfkJbczc
---
brohoof anyone? ^-^ /) ? No. of Brohoofs-35
I reward Cool users with a Cool Prize. Wait list: 2, Given:12
#39laidiesmann24(Topic Creator)Posted 11/25/2012 10:23:44 PM
OK hold the phone.(In regards to DrFellgood's post*should've just quoted but w/e*)

Why wouldn't someone do something to lessen their chances of dying when they have a chance to get a higher killstreak?

So.....you mean you want me to go cap the B flag when I'm 3 kills away from a AC-130 while my harrier is up and that AC-130 might win us the game if I get it? lol Same for any COD after W@W. I did all of that work to get my killstreak up to 10 just to go run out and die? Yeah I will patiently wait until someone runs around like a chicken with their head cut so i can pick them off. I never get the logic of these arguments sometimes.

Camping or playing defensively is a part of the game. And I'm not saying it's ok or promoting it, but I'm admitting the fact that if I went from Pred to Harrier to AC-130, I'm chilling while my Harrier is in the sky. No point to move. Does this only seem like common sense to me?
#40known2FAILPosted 11/25/2012 10:25:59 PM
DrFeelgood1984 posted...
DrFeelgood1984 posted...

And? If you shot down that killstreak then he is back to running looking for kills. Guess what happens when people start to get on good killstreaks in BO/MW3 and such? They camp. What a shock! However now.. THEY CAMP IN DARK CORNERS! That is FAR worse than some guy hiding to attempt to let a harrier get kills that can easily get shot out the sky. Not to mention that the odds of them having a stealth perk on is very slim and they can get screwed by a UAV or any other killstreak.
---