Dropshotting nerf discussion

#1XxOblivion77Posted 11/26/2012 7:47:06 AM(edited)
Was this a mistake? I think so.

There isn't many ways for good players to separate themselves from bad players in CoD, but dropshotting is one of them. Instead of dieing to some guy spraying, I can dropshot and keep going, and I feel I deserve to be alive because I made the effort to master this technique instead of relying on my laser sight as I spray you effortlessly.

For those who don't know, dropshotting was nerfed by adding spread while you are transition from standing to crouching to prone. Essentially, it's like you're forced to hip fire no matter what.

To me, this is comparable to removing the Wavedash or L-cancel from Super Smash Bros, or removing Snaking from Mario Kart, or removing BXR or BXB from Halo. All of these things served in widening the skill gap because they all took time to master, therefore a new player couldn't walk in and dominate when he doesn't deserve to. Furthermore, these techniques being in the game eventually forced bad players to get good good and the game was one more fun as a result. Now it's just too easy to lay in a corner and wait for someone, or sprint around a corner without thought as I spray you thanks to Laser Sight + Dexterity (seriously there's pretty much no aiming involved, especially with aim assist).

Anyway, I know both this game and this board is more casual, but can you guys at least see where I'm coming from? If you disagree than please say why instead of spewing a bunch of nonsense. Thanks.
---
GT: OhBlivEeUn
Dropshotting should be de-nerfed. People who agree: 3
#2ronXwhitePosted 11/26/2012 7:49:50 AM
Thanks for the free headshots.
---
[RS]Mikestasi - RedScreen yeye
http://www.youtube.com/user/ronXwhite
#3XxOblivion77(Topic Creator)Posted 11/26/2012 7:51:19 AM

Good luck with that when you run into someone who is actually competent.
---
GT: OhBlivEeUn
Dropshotting should be de-nerfed. People who agree: 3
#4Freddie_MaysPosted 11/26/2012 7:51:53 AM
ronXwhite posted...

lol if you headshot people who dropshot they are terrible and didnt deserve a kill in the first place, you would never headshot me while droshotting.
#5Erupt50Posted 11/26/2012 7:52:04 AM
ronXwhite posted...

---
PSN- Erupt50 XBL- Erupt50
#6breadisgoodPosted 11/26/2012 7:54:47 AM
Well considering hip fire is ridiculous in this game, especially with the laser sight as you pointed out, I don't think it really matters. I was drop shotting people quite a lot last night and it didn't feel any less effective to me. The only times I felt like I got screwed over were due to lag.
#7ronXwhitePosted 11/26/2012 7:54:49 AM
XxOblivion77 posted...

Good luck with that when you run into someone who is actually competent.

Yes, because dropshotting takes more technique than mashing your right stick as you see someone.

Freddie_Mays posted...

lol if you headshot people who dropshot they are terrible and didnt deserve a kill in the first place, you would never headshot me while droshotting.

Read above, you're all the same.

Face it, your strategy is now outdated. Adapt and move on.
---
[RS]Mikestasi - RedScreen yeye
http://www.youtube.com/user/ronXwhite
#8NidtendofreakPosted 11/26/2012 7:57:07 AM
In a game where you can be as much as a full half second behind the other guy...you want to make a technique that abuses lag even more powerful?

I can't even fathom how on earth it's considered "skillful". Instead of slamming one button in a panic, you're slamming two buttons in a panic. No, what it needs is to be nerfed more. When you go prone, you should have to pull your weapon back up. You can keep your normal hipfire spread and the like, but there should be a period of time where you can't fire because you're resetting your weapon. The time is whatever the switch to time is for your weapon.

It's nothing like SHFFLing or Wavedashing in SSBM. I've play SSB competitively. That stuff took hours of practice to be able to use well in a tournament environment, which each character having their own usable set of tools out of it that you had to learn when to use. And then if you used more than one character, that was another set of timings and tools you had to practice constantly to get up to a high enough level to be useful. Dropshotting takes no practice. Switch controls, use it. I've been there, done that: it is not more skillful at all. It does nothing to separate good players from bad players. All it does it tells you who is trying to abuse lag more.
---
And so begins a tale of vengeance and betrayal. Destiny by sinner sought. Tragedy by power wrought. Valkyrie Profile: Covenant of the Plume.
#9shadowsofdawnPosted 11/26/2012 8:03:05 AM
Freddie_Mays posted...
ronXwhite posted...

Because you are somehow immune to headshots lying there prone in front of me? lol

You make it sound you have some super skill that makes dropshotting more effective for you than the other 100,000 noobs doing it.
---
\o/ Administering jolly ass-whoopings everyday.
.||
#10StickyBu5hPosted 11/26/2012 8:03:31 AM
I didn't even notice the change until I heard it mentioned on the board. It works fine for me if I ever need to use it, although that isn't often. I'm fine with the change.
---
GT: DJ Sticky BuSh