preliminary thread regarding zombies perma perks info.

#61someguy28898Posted 11/30/2012 4:09:21 PM
ALLENO31 posted...
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]

That's not perma jugg. Not even close.
#62zeus402Posted 12/1/2012 11:56:26 AM
I was playing just now and started the game with the dead shot perk. Midway through the game, I killed a zombie with a body shot and the head exploded per usual. Not 3 seconds later I killed a zombie in the same manner, but this time the head didn't explode. Subsequent kills confirmed I no longer had the perk, and I went back to theatre to confirm this is what happened as well.

I'm thinking maybe some sort of headshot/kill ratio must be maintained in order to keep the dead shot perk active, and perhaps I crossed that threshold when I killed the last zombie whose head exploded. I calculated these ratios and they are as follows:

0.3371 (2nd to last zombie kill with perk active)
0.3369 (last zombie kill with perk active)
0.3367 (first zombie kill without perk active)

I would imagine that with the perk, if this ratio idea is true, your ratio before the kill is what determines if the perk will work or not. That's why the perk still would work on the zombie that you kill that puts you below the required ratio. Once below this value (which in this case appears to be 0.3370) you lose the perk and must reacquire it. Keep in mind this is all just speculation and may be completely wrong, and can probably be confirmed as wrong if someone has the perk below this ratio, as I don't think 3arc would have made the ratio vary between different players.
#63natedude0903Posted 12/1/2012 12:01:05 PM
Sorry if this has been said, but I got my perks on easy. I read someone saying you can't but I know that's how my friends and I got our permanent QR.
---
GT: l DatAss l
Currently playing: with myself
#64someguy28898Posted 12/1/2012 10:20:12 PM
I've lost my iron boards perk. I suddenly build regular wood again.
#65dario1101Posted 12/2/2012 8:00:59 AM
I got Deadshot yesterday! I know because i got the green Smoke.
:D
But it was weird because when i got it after about 5 rounds i went to turn on the power and I shot some zombies in the legs but their heads didn't pop off... Is that normal?
---
Rainbow Dash is best pony.
brohoof anyone? ^-^ /) ? # of Brohooves gotten-142! :D Started Feb. 2012
#66nstacomPosted 12/2/2012 8:05:58 AM
I had the deadshot perk but then I almost got trapped so I started spraying randomly. As I did this I heard a strange sound and I lost my deadshot. Also another time when a nuke appeared some of the green smoke came with it. This was different then the power ups normal aura and later on I seemed to be getting more power ups.
#67NinjaDeath911Posted 12/2/2012 8:08:35 AM
I lost my carpenter perk
Im kinda really mad about that
#68dario1101Posted 12/2/2012 8:10:44 AM
someguy28898 posted...

Yea! This happened to me too. D:
I was on steel bars and stuff when i noticed that i didn't have it anymore i had wood.
Which was strange... Are you guys checking this right?
---
Rainbow Dash is best pony.
brohoof anyone? ^-^ /) ? # of Brohooves gotten-142! :D Started Feb. 2012
#69NinjaDeath911Posted 12/2/2012 8:23:19 AM
dario1101 posted...
someguy28898 posted...

I was on steel bars and stuff when i noticed that i didn't have it anymore i had wood.

That is what I'm saying, noticed the same thing last night
#70Arauge1981Posted 12/2/2012 8:30:25 AM
NinjaDeath911 posted...
dario1101 posted...
someguy28898 posted...

That is what I'm saying, noticed the same thing last night

I've achieved and lost all 3 "permanent" perks a couple times over, last night I got and lost the Iron Boards twice in one game. Real curious what the actual deciding factor is on these. At one point I kept iron boards for several days without losing them.