"Camping" is strategy, not cheap

#71EyEs fr0m Ab0vEPosted 11/26/2012 8:16:17 PM
It's all about the gametype. If camping provides you the best chance of winning it is viable. However there have been a plethora of 3arch implementations to make camping less viable (explosives, shooting through walls, small maps, UAV, engineering perk, seeing through walls, lag compensation benefiting the moving target). That said, there are still situations when camping is a viable strategy, such as defending in ctf or S&D. There are even more times when camping ins't viable such as attacking in S&D, hardpoint, or domination. If you don't want to deal with camping don't play gametypes that encourage it, thats what i do.
---
"them memory is xbox hard down the framerate"
#72diegomirelesPosted 11/26/2012 8:19:19 PM
I play it on PC and I haven't seen anyone camping, the game is so fast paced in PC that I doubt is a effective strategy.
#73ShadowUmbreon42Posted 11/26/2012 8:20:59 PM
MoreEliteThanU posted...
I can 't go on these games anymore without some negative noob whining about me "camping".

Seems nobody can just admit somebody is better than them or at the very least outplayed them in that particular game. Theres time when you need to cross the map into the open, these are also the times that leave you the most vulnerable to being shot in the back, flanked or ganged up on. Running across the map is BAD GAMEFORM and leads to poor KD ratios.

Whats the point of running across the map without reason? You need a good reason to leave your spot. Farm kills in one area, you'll get better, have an improved KD and make yourself a better player.

This is an unbreakable argument and perfectly executed analysis.

Holding down and area means defending and moving around at least. It doesn't take skill to sit in a corner for the whole match NOT CONTRIBUTING to your team and then kill whore when it's not needed.

Sounds like that's what you do tc
---
http://www.youtube.com/user/VictiniExpert2400 You should go sub. Digimon World Dusk FC 0991-5020-3268
#74EyEs fr0m Ab0vEPosted 11/26/2012 8:26:36 PM
MoreEliteThanU posted...
I can 't go on these games anymore without some negative noob whining about me "camping".

Seems nobody can just admit somebody is better than them or at the very least outplayed them in that particular game. Theres time when you need to cross the map into the open, these are also the times that leave you the most vulnerable to being shot in the back, flanked or ganged up on. Running across the map is BAD GAMEFORM and leads to poor KD ratios.

Whats the point of running across the map without reason? You need a good reason to leave your spot. Farm kills in one area, you'll get better, have an improved KD and make yourself a better player.

This is an unbreakable argument and perfectly executed analysis.

You obviously place more importance on you're KD than winning which is pretty dumb IMO and doesn't make you a better player. Even in TDM a player who goes 20-13 is more beneficial than a player who goes 10-5 even though the latter player had a better KD. It's one thing to defend an objective, but to "farm kills" is selfish stat padding.
---
"them memory is xbox hard down the framerate"
#75Devilanse333Posted 11/27/2012 12:50:43 PM
camping is a tactic the taliban would use. Much like a roadside bomb. They know they stand little chance face to face or man to man in a gun fight. So the use the coward tactic of setting up an explosion and hiding out a block away looking out a window waiting for a US Humvee to drive by then they press the red button. It is cheap, it is cowardly, and you get no respect.

Every military does this. Even ours. Stop comparing ACTUAL life and death to DIGITAL life and death.
---
XBOX Live Gamertag: DevilAnse33v2
PSN: DevilAnse33
#76looselinkPosted 11/27/2012 1:10:54 PM
RS_YELARAKA posted...
camping is a tactic the taliban would use. Much like a roadside bomb. They know they stand little chance face to face or man to man in a gun fight. So the use the coward tactic of setting up an explosion and hiding out a block away looking out a window waiting for a US Humvee to drive by then they press the red button. It is cheap, it is cowardly, and you get no respect.

lolwut? So because they're playing it smart and not charging the well armed, well trained marine they're cowards? because the marine is faster and stronger than them, the taliban not fighting him in HIS preferred way makes them cowards? So if you get into a fight with a trained boxer and you use tae kwon do, then you should fight him in a boxing match?

If one person is physically weaker than another and they both know it, he should just charge in and fight him knowing he'll die anyway? While the stronger guy smirks knowing that he has the advantage? thats how you define a coward? If anything the strong one is a coward too because he also knows he can't win if the weaker one uses his specialty.
#77Linctagon7Posted 11/27/2012 1:12:20 PM
It's funny how people always resort to "coward" when talking about a video game.

One moment it's "Yeah dude the game is not real life why do you care if you die in the game" and the next it's "Your playstyle in this game is "cowardly" and you are a coward.

Yeah. I'm the coward that shoots you in the back 25 times in one game ending with a KD of 9 and making you so mad that you have to go on a game forum and attack every camper you see to vent your frustrations. In that case, I'm the GOD of all cowards. Come at me and get rolled by a coward over and over.

If you get killed by a coward time and time again because of your general lack of intellect then you must be the weakest p**** to ever grace the game. COD logic.
#78silentpwnr56Posted 11/27/2012 6:25:51 PM
Linctagon7 posted...
It's funny how people always resort to "coward" when talking about a video game.

One moment it's "Yeah dude the game is not real life why do you care if you die in the game" and the next it's "Your playstyle in this game is "cowardly" and you are a coward.

Yeah. I'm the coward that shoots you in the back 25 times in one game ending with a KD of 9 and making you so mad that you have to go on a game forum and attack every camper you see to vent your frustrations. In that case, I'm the GOD of all cowards. Come at me and get rolled by a coward over and over.

If you get killed by a coward time and time again because of your general lack of intellect then you must be the weakest p**** to ever grace the game. COD logic.

lol at the fact that you took that post seriously. Also if you do something cowardly you're a coward, that's just common sense whether in a game or in real life. And if you're KD is really 9 you'd be to good to care what people say here, but then again what do I know, I play with honor and courage.
---
GT: Feral Gunner
#79darkshadowmasterPosted 11/27/2012 6:30:43 PM
Campers have never bothered me, if I can't flush them out then STOP ******* GOING TO THAT SPOT.

Honestly I completely understand why someone would camp when they can repeatedly kill people that can't seem to grasp the concept of avoiding that area till he leaves. If that playstyle didn't bore the hell out of me I'd do the same thing for all the free kills that people offer them up.

If you were in a rock/paper/scissors tournament and you knew with 100% certainty that he was going to throw paper, would you throw rock anyway?
---
When I read about the evils of drinking, I gave up reading.
#80singhellotakuPosted 11/27/2012 6:48:16 PM
I've never really found it cheap, the first thing I do when I find a camper is come back and grenade them to death and then occasionally come back and knife them so its not like they are getting any killstreaks or anything.