I camp, and I dont feel bad about it at all.

#21Cornbread4lifePosted 11/26/2012 7:37:14 PM
flagg2kplus posted...
Cornbread4life posted...

The point is that FUN matters most. So you're a slave to two numbers instead of one, and the second number people are even less likely to research about you. I guarantee if you ran around and actually played the game you'd get a lot more satisfaction than playing Duck Hunt HD like you do.

I have lots of fun, and is that not the ultimate point of any game?

When people rage over my style of play, I enjoy the game even more.

I win in every way.

:D

If you enjoy sitting in a corner hour after hour and hitting moving targets, then your sense of fun is stupid. I would usually have a problem saying something like that, but I think it reflects a very boring personality. It's a game, not real war, and you're afraid of getting shot because you like your stats. It's sad. I'd argue you're not really experiencing the game, you're purposely curtailing your experience.

And if you're really worried about stats, you should play for SPM. That's the one everyone sees.
---
GT: Cornbread4life
I'm loud, obnoxious, vulgar, impaired by "substance abuse" 99% of the time, but I kill it. Keep that in mind if you add me on live
#22Blizzard09Posted 11/26/2012 7:38:53 PM
flagg2kplus posted...
Blizzard09 posted...
flagg2kplus posted...
Dont get me wrong, I dont hide in a corner camp. I take over a specific section or building and lock it down.

Im very good at it, and people rage over and over about my camping. I enjoy that.

A kid called me a camper. I was offended. Not because he called me a camper, but because Im the BEST camper.

EDIT: As for objectives. I only play games where defending is involved. Domination, Capture The Flag, and TDM.

I would farm the hell out of you... People like you keep my K/D ratio up. Your just so easy to farm kills from.

You would think so.

But I actually farm people like you.

Since you guys know where I am, you come to me. I dont have to look for you.

Generally you expect me to be in the exact same place I was before.

Again, Im not that kind of camper.

Sure you may get me, but for every one time you get me, I killed you 5 times.

Thank you for my k/d

The good old red dot on the map shows me where you are. And with the Ghost perk you don't see me, but I see you. Thanks to SPM my name will always be much higher then you on the leaderboards. You campers always good for the free kill.
---
Mods = Kids to young for this board.
#23GevousPosted 11/26/2012 7:40:52 PM
Congratulations, you play the boring way. *golf clap*
---
Owner of the account Blurninja, who was closed in an account bet. Mod on Veterancraft.net. #modlife
Minecraft: ryanpitts
#24DontHoldBackPosted 11/26/2012 7:43:31 PM
Gevous posted...

I don't know about the TC, but I personally have tried multiple playstyles and have found that the less I die, the more fun I have (not for K/D purposes, mind you). Less time is spent complaining about "lag comp" also.
---
The only real control we have is over ourselves. So let's get over it that we can't and we won't control anything else.
#25Blizzard09Posted 11/26/2012 7:44:32 PM
DontHoldBack posted...
flagg2kplus posted...
Dont get me wrong, I dont hide in a corner camp. I take over a specific section or building and lock it down.

Im very good at it, and people rage over and over about my camping. I enjoy that.

A kid called me a camper. I was offended. Not because he called me a camper, but because Im the BEST camper.

EDIT: As for objectives. I only play games where defending is involved. Domination, Capture The Flag, and TDM.

I agree almost 100%. I may end the game with 2 or 3 captures (talking about domination), but I'll have 10-15 defends. I feel I can benefit my team much more by defending the hard earned B flag (that I DO participate in capping) than trying to rush into or near the enemy spawn.

Thats not camping... That Defending. Big difference. TC Camps in TDM thinking its a objective type based camp.

As long as your keeping out for a objective its Defending. Sitting in the others teams spawn in a objective type game is camping. TC is one of them spawn campers and thinks he is good or camps a hallway far from objectives thinking he is helping.

My hat goes off to you for actually Defending something and not just capturing and moving on for the enemy team to come back and take it. Best way to win objective type games to defend what you have.
---
Mods = Kids to young for this board.
#26Cornbread4lifePosted 11/26/2012 7:45:51 PM
DontHoldBack posted...
Gevous posted...

I don't know about the TC, but I personally have tried multiple playstyles and have found that the less I die, the more fun I have (not for K/D purposes, mind you). Less time is spent complaining about "lag comp" also.

But you don't get the satisfaction from just completely faking a guy out and flanking him, or dropping on someone who's not expecting it, jumping off a roof and shooting someone on the way down. You don't have a highlight reel if you sit in a corner the whole game. You may get pissed if you run around a lot, but at least you're bound to have something brag-worthy or cool happen. Nothing cool happens sitting in a corner.
---
I'm loud, obnoxious, vulgar, impaired by "substance abuse" 99% of the time, but I kill it. Keep that in mind if you add me on live
#27MoreEliteThanUPosted 11/26/2012 7:46:15 PM
"camping" is a style of play, perfectly viable and super effective. And not everybody can do it well, if they could people wouldnt whine about it so much.

heh
#28flagg2kplus(Topic Creator)Posted 11/26/2012 7:48:49 PM
Blizzard09 posted...
flagg2kplus posted...
Blizzard09 posted...
flagg2kplus posted...

I would farm the hell out of you... People like you keep my K/D ratio up. Your just so easy to farm kills from.

You would think so.

But I actually farm people like you.

Since you guys know where I am, you come to me. I dont have to look for you.

Generally you expect me to be in the exact same place I was before.

Again, Im not that kind of camper.

Sure you may get me, but for every one time you get me, I killed you 5 times.

Thank you for my k/d

The good old red dot on the map shows me where you are. And with the Ghost perk you don't see me, but I see you. Thanks to SPM my name will always be much higher then you on the leaderboards. You campers always good for the free kill.

I use ghost as well.

If theres a UAV up, Im moving and I shoot them down ASAP.

I have scavenger, so I always have missles to shoot them down.

They are never up for long, and while they are up, Im good with ghost.
---
My favorite game of the year
http://youtu.be/lTuayBk_NyY
#29DontHoldBackPosted 11/26/2012 7:49:04 PM
Cornbread4life posted...
DontHoldBack posted...
Gevous posted...

But you don't get the satisfaction from just completely faking a guy out and flanking him, or dropping on someone who's not expecting it, jumping off a roof and shooting someone on the way down. You don't have a highlight reel if you sit in a corner the whole game. You may get pissed if you run around a lot, but at least you're bound to have something brag-worthy or cool happen. Nothing cool happens sitting in a corner.

You keep mentioning corners for some reason. I don't know why. By the way, my highlight reel involves single-handedly defending the B flag from 4 or more enemies at a time while my teammates run around in the enemy spawn oblivious to the entire situation.
---
The only real control we have is over ourselves. So let's get over it that we can't and we won't control anything else.
#30Cornbread4lifePosted 11/26/2012 7:50:54 PM
DontHoldBack posted...
Cornbread4life posted...
DontHoldBack posted...
Gevous posted...

You keep mentioning corners for some reason. I don't know why. By the way, my highlight reel involves single-handedly defending the B flag from 4 or more enemies at a time while my teammates run around in the enemy spawn oblivious to the entire situation.

Dude, I've only been arguing against TDM because TC included that in his post. I don't play objectives, but if you're SUPPOSED to defend something, that's a much different story.
---