Currently 100% sure the community is imagining these lag comp issues.

#1matrix0523Posted 11/26/2012 11:41:33 PM
Okay, so I was unable to get this game during release, but I eventually picked it up last Tuesday. Before I got the game, I noticed people complaining about a multitude of things. Naturally, this made me wary, but no way was I not going to get the game because of people complaining on gamefaqs.

But the way you guys so strongly complained about lag compensation...I was honestly starting to get quite worried, but I obviously picked the game up anyway.

Am I god or are you guys all just horrible?

1. I pull host pretty much almost every game, and if I'm not host I'm usually on a 4 bar connection.

2. Games where I'm 3 bar due to awful host.....feel like 3 bar. It doesn't feel like I'm beating guys just because I'm on a worse connection. It feels like ****.

3. I have a 2 KD. Not that this matters in the slightest, but I decided to throw this in there before someone called me a scrub for whatever reason so that they might retract their statement.

According to you guys, being host majority of my games would make me a victim of lag comp, and being on an awful connection would make me benefit from lag comp. So what's the deal? I'm honestly not noticing anything. I truly do feel that lag compensation is the worlds excuse for the fact that they aren't doing as well as they predicted, or they just simply aren't as good as they thought.

tl;dr;
1. Why am I not experiencing this supposedly game breaking lag comp even though I should be a very big victim of its negative effects?

2. Is this just in peoples heads?
---
GT: Chauvanistic - Only good competitive player on gamefaqs - UMvC3 - Wesker - Doom - Strider - P4A - Teddie- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZP7-8Q2kTe4 - 2:50
#2TinyTankXPosted 11/26/2012 11:44:36 PM
You're going on my friend's video if you keep this stupid talk up.
---
Ape Escape is notable as the first video game to require the use of the Dual Analog Controller for gameplay.
#3Krauser86Posted 11/26/2012 11:44:45 PM
Lag comp has always been in people's head.
---
Bloody screen... so REAL!
Poppy Bros. Junior! Poppy Bros. Senior!
#4TheRedDashPosted 11/26/2012 11:47:45 PM
Wait till you don't have host ha. You found lucky games cause its there. I have had a 2.0+ kd in all cods and why am I having a problem now?

I know something is wrong when I see it. For you it's all luck my friend.
---
Liam Neeson > Chuck Norris
Not much for sugar coating
#5Krauser86Posted 11/26/2012 11:48:47 PM
TheRedDash posted...
Wait till you don't have host ha.

Wouldn't on-host be when the lag comp is at its worst?
---
Bloody screen... so REAL!
Poppy Bros. Junior! Poppy Bros. Senior!
#6angrybirdsdudePosted 11/26/2012 11:50:04 PM
skill based matchmaking and (imho) bad maps and spawns hurt people's stats more than whatever lag comp there is.
---
spread the <3
#7Krazoa2Posted 11/26/2012 11:50:39 PM(edited)
Just about every one of these people argued the same thing for MW3, but most of them apparently forgot all about that. Anywho did you have "lag comp issues" with MW3?

TinyTankX posted...

Woah. Wtf is this?
#8TyrantKnightPosted 11/26/2012 11:52:02 PM
Lag comp is being grossly over exaggerated this time. It's actually weaker than it is in MW3 - so the host and those close to the host have an advantage.

If anything, it needs to be made a little stronger.
---
PSN: Exaccus
GT: EXPLODING VAN
#9Aether_LyricPosted 11/26/2012 11:53:50 PM
This community just doesn't understand what lag comp is.
#10matrix0523(Topic Creator)Posted 11/26/2012 11:53:52 PM

You mean the video that probably will never exist, and if it does, only 3 people will see? I'm so scared.

Lag comp has always been in people's head.

I've honestly been saying this since MW3, and now with this game I'm 100% sure. I should be one of the saltiest people on this forum due to all the lag comp that should be preventing me from attaining a 2 and forcing me to hold it with a 1, but I don't notice anything lmfao.

Wait till you don't have host ha.

When I'm host, I should be the biggest victim. When I'm not host I still don't notice any major connection issues.

I have had a 2.0+ kd in all cods and why am I having a problem now?

Because this game is harder. Period. Anyone who denies this is a complete moron. It's the way they designed the maps. Minor annoyance, but not really a bad thing. Not to mention the infernal skill based matchmaking.
---
GT: Chauvanistic - Only good competitive player on gamefaqs - UMvC3 - Wesker - Doom - Strider - P4A - Teddie- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZP7-8Q2kTe4 - 2:50