So how do you know when you are host?

#1FreezingMoonPosted 11/27/2012 11:35:42 AM
And do you get in trouble if you quit out.?

I ask because there have been several times it seemed I was way behind others, naturally leading to a terrible game. When I ragequit, the "migrating hosts" screen popped up, so I guess I was hosting the match.

Is there a way to tell for sure?
#2NiNtEnDoMaNiAc1Posted 11/27/2012 11:36:21 AM
There's no wai to tellz it's randomz.
---
GT: Mardy nS
All spelling mistakes are thanks to the iPhone I love dearly.
#3FlashCannonPosted 11/27/2012 11:36:31 AM
i tend to know i'm host when my countdown starts at like 14 or something. don't know how to tell otherwise.
---
I lost hope for the perfect videogame when they took child killing out of the first Fable.
GT: YuriPRime01
#4l Dudeboy lPosted 11/27/2012 11:37:24 AM
When a match starts, bring up the scoreboard. The host will always have an immediate 4 bar connection, while everyone else starts on 2/3 then go up to 4.

Can also do it after a migration to see who the new host is.
---
<b>You are now breathing manually.</b>
Lets put a little lead in the air, and see what falls over.
#5chicken8orPosted 11/27/2012 11:38:07 AM
If you literally can't kill anybody in a 1 on 1, no matter the circumstances...then you are host.

That's how I know when I'm hosting, which is 75% of my matches if I'm there from the beginning or the host migrates...
---
GT: Chicken8or -Epic Halo 4 moment below!!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HW2_eKmm7o8
#6FreezingMoon(Topic Creator)Posted 11/27/2012 11:41:41 AM
Interesting stuff.

It sucks, they need to change it. I dont recall it being that bad in other CoDs.
#7AK47plzPosted 11/27/2012 11:42:14 AM
It's funny how people think host connection means the lag comp will make others win lol.
---
terran
#8l Dudeboy lPosted 11/27/2012 11:44:52 AM
AK47plz posted...
It's funny how people think host connection means the lag comp will make others win lol.

People who play these games don't like admitting to ever being in the wrong, so they'll always find something else to blame like lag, hit detection, guns, etc. as long as they don't have to say "Yeah that guy probably outplayed me".
---
<b>You are now breathing manually.</b>
Lets put a little lead in the air, and see what falls over.
#9TheKnifeMonkeyPosted 11/27/2012 11:45:05 AM
Yeah, like Dudeboy said, bring up the scoreboard right when you enter a game at its start. i mean like really quickly, before you even choose your class. You'll see a 4-bar by the host, and everyone else will have a 1-bar for just a split second.
#10chicken8orPosted 11/27/2012 11:52:25 AM
l Dudeboy l posted...
AK47plz posted...

People who play these games don't like admitting to ever being in the wrong, so they'll always find something else to blame like lag, hit detection, guns, etc. as long as they don't have to say "Yeah that guy probably outplayed me".

I can play in the exact same lobby and go 40-5 not host and then get host the next game and go 0-10. That's when I quit and see the migrating host message every single time. It's not a myth. If you have good internet then you are at a disadvantage in this game.

I tested the lag between my xbox running wifi from my phone and wired through my corporate router with insane speed.

I always did better on my phone when I wasn't host and only got 3 bars. When I'm host with 4 bars I can't kill anything.
---
GT: Chicken8or -Epic Halo 4 moment below!!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HW2_eKmm7o8