COD has changed and become a game of map awareness

#1GraviosDestroyRPosted 11/27/2012 2:43:45 PM
Call of Duty used to be about making tactical movement choices on large maps and being able to shoot accurately when you ADS. BO2 has turned COD into a game of staring at your map and hip-firing around corners to try win 1v1 lag comp roulette gun duels.

In an attempt to balance this game they've ruined the classic COD run 'n gun play style. I dont mean run and gun in the sense of sprinting around and shooting everyone you see, I mean moving intelligently to flank where you think the enemy has posted up and then once you get your kills, moving to the next area that the enemy is in.

The maps are too small, the spawns are extremely wonky and there's such a large focus on UAV that this game is played radically differently than previous COD games.

Sent from my iPhone
---
GT: Men At Wok
http://www.facebook.com/constructs
#2trakrunr4evrPosted 11/27/2012 2:45:19 PM
Interesting post. Black Ops was my first COD, so I do not have experience with the previous titles.

*Not sent from my iPhone.
#3GraviosDestroyR(Topic Creator)Posted 11/27/2012 3:03:28 PM
I just popped in MW2 and WaW, and the pace is much slower and methodical; the direction COD is heading in is every map should be just barely bigger than Nuketown
---
#4GraviosDestroyR(Topic Creator)Posted 11/27/2012 3:38:04 PM
No one wants to discuss this?
---
#5BrostachePosted 11/27/2012 3:54:08 PM
if yur getting hipfired on by nubs then you are probably blindly charging around corners in tight spaces.... probably because yur running around hipfiring like a nub as well.

All you have to do is take wider corners and stay out of cramped spaces and you will rarely die to hipfiring.
#6EyEs fr0m Ab0vEPosted 11/27/2012 3:58:12 PM
Staring at the minimap =/= map awareness. Topic should have been titled, COD has changed to becoming a game of staring at the minimap. I agree with the rest though.

I hate the minimap, you should have to actually use your brain and watch your actual screen to find and kill people.
---
"them memory is xbox hard down the framerate"
#7BoozinFTWPosted 11/27/2012 4:09:31 PM
Balance ghost with uav and the game would be much different. I don't have ghost yet but I've used the default ghost class a couple times and when the uav spammers find out there is a ghost among them they get more cautious.
---
Not changing this until Tony Romo is replaced
#8C17H19NO3Posted 11/27/2012 4:10:51 PM
Ah, I remember the very first COD multilayer on PC. That was the best COD for me. Some of the maps were huge. Nothing like taking someone out at 200 yards with a bolt action rifle. Those were the days :D

Rhine Valley Base assault anyone?
#9EyEs fr0m Ab0vEPosted 11/27/2012 4:20:53 PM
C17H19NO3 posted...
Ah, I remember the very first COD multilayer on PC. That was the best COD for me. Some of the maps were huge. Nothing like taking someone out at 200 yards with a bolt action rifle. Those were the days :D

Rhine Valley Base assault anyone?

agreed
---
"them memory is xbox hard down the framerate"
#10XxGoldyxXPosted 11/27/2012 4:28:00 PM
Sure the maps have gotten small, but not as small as some of you may be suggesting.
---
Don't tell me the sky's the limit when we've put robots on Mars.