Vonderhaar tweets a reply concerning footsteps.

#1EvocoPosted 11/27/2012 5:47:41 PM
@DavidVonderhaar Not having any audio cues to warn you that someone is *sprinting* at you from behind is really frustrating.

@Atrophius This one is controversial with the team, but still being discussed.

First time I saw him acknowledging the footstep situation, it seems they indeed made the audio like it is...but they may make it more audible.
#2Mander1861Posted 11/27/2012 5:49:11 PM
Lol footstep situation
---
Gamefaqs most "liked" and respected poster. Global warming is real. My IQ is 133 Mensa certified.
Evolution is fact. Gamefaqs Life coach and mentor.
#3VortexContinuumPosted 11/27/2012 5:50:20 PM
Translation: The devteam is a bunch of casuals and the sensible people are trying to convince them.
---
You feel a craving for the dungeon's cuisine.
#4Evoco(Topic Creator)Posted 11/27/2012 5:51:15 PM
Mander1861 posted...
Lol footstep situation

-_-

Still, I lol'd...=D
#5chessmyantidrugPosted 11/27/2012 5:51:17 PM
I hear footsteps just fine. What's the problem?
#6SullyTheStrangePosted 11/27/2012 5:53:42 PM
That's probably the cause for 99% of the game's problems, the devs made it cater to their own playstyle. I bet they can't even tell how overpowered SMGs are because it's all they use.
---
All's fair in love and war, kid.
#7duericPosted 11/27/2012 5:54:10 PM
chessmyantidrug posted...

You're playing MW2.
---
"It's like people using the internet have never heard of the internet." - SadHillShowdown Gamefaqs member
#8Evoco(Topic Creator)Posted 11/27/2012 5:55:08 PM(edited)

Me too, but its inconsistent on the varying terrain.

It seems to not work on metal in some places, or dirt seems to be louder sometimes in some places etc.

A good example is on that WW2 looking map with the Tank.

There is a house on the end of the map that is next to a kitchen with a front and back door opening. The grass pathway that is outside the back door of the kitchen has footsteps incredibly loud. I don't even need awareness to hear them there.
#9doomedsunsoulPosted 11/27/2012 5:54:24 PM
"Discussed"...

Well that means the silence is intended and just one more slap in the face to the "elite" players with 3 hundred dollar headsets.

So he nerfs expensive internet speed users.
Nerfs headset users.
Nerfs pubstompers with skill based matchmaking.

Interesting.
#10chessmyantidrugPosted 11/27/2012 5:57:16 PM
Evoco posted...

Me too, but its inconsistent on the varying terrain.

It seems to not work on metal in some places, or dirt seems to be louder sometimes in some places etc.

A good example is on that WW2 looking map with the Tank.

There is a house on the end of the map that is next to a kitchen with a front and back door opening. The grass pathway that is outside the back door of the kitchen has footsteps incredibly loud. I don't even need awareness to hear them there.

I don't need awareness to hear footsteps anywhere. I hear them just fine, even without using Dead Silence.