The word "coward" gets thrown around a lot on these boards.

#41Linctagon7(Topic Creator)Posted 11/28/2012 2:40:48 AM
Scottydont19 posted...
Linctagon7 posted...
Scottydont19 posted...
Linctagon7 posted...
Ha. I didn't insult anyone. Maka doesn't seem insulted by what I said, so who are you to subscribe whether or not I insulted him? I also read on a phone and the small text and lack of punctuation hurts my eyes and makes the typesetting mess up on my screen. I asked him the same thing in another topic and that time he said he was on his PC and would do it.

So, Makafula, were you insulted by what I said? Did I insult you?

Yep, you sure did insult him. Got anything else to say to try and cover your tracks?

I don't have to cover anything. I stand by what I said.

Unfortunately for you, it's not up to you to decide whether I insulted him or not. That's for him to decide. You don't get to dictate the context of what other people say and then force your interpretation on them.

I asked him if I insulted him, if he says he felt insulted then I will concede that you are right and you win and I was wrong.

The joy of all this is that, if you read all the posts in this topic, I'm not the only one who thinks you insulted him. And, it doesn't matter if he feels insulted or not. Even if he didn't feel insulted by what you said, it still doesn't change the fact that what you said was insulting or offensive. I can call someone an a-hole for no good reason, and if he didn't find it rude or offensive, it would still be rude and offensive to someone.

And like I said before, you knew what you were saying would be offensive because you added "no offense" before you said it. People who say crap like that always follow it up with something offensive. So my point is this. You called him out on his punctuation after he agreed with what you were saying, after people gave you a hard time. That was a huge d*** move, and even if he wasn't insulted by it, what you did was still rude and insulting. And no, you are not correct and no amount of justification will change it.

Look, let me put this plainly. I don't care if you, or anyone else for that matter, thinks that I insulted him. You have no power to twist my context or words to your interpretation and then force it on me or him. Those words were exchanged between us. You have no stake or say in it period. Myself an Maka have had that exact same exchange before. You are an observer with no idea of the context or reason behind what was said and you somehow think you have more authority over our conversation then we ourselves do. You do not. The only opinion I care about is his. If he says I insulted him then I did and I will aplogize to him for that.
#42Soul_On_DisplayPosted 11/28/2012 2:44:21 AM
Coward is a title someone obtains after committing a cowardly act. Just because it's a videogame doesn't mean there aren't any cowardly acts within videogames as well. A quick example is someone who doesn't play objective for the sake of their stats. Their fear of losing their stats makes them pull a cowardly action. Camping also floats around there.
---
Xbox Live: Eighth Element || PSN: Echo_Resonance
~People will always nitpick where they have bias.~
#43JammyBauer23Posted 11/28/2012 2:47:45 AM
I am not a coward, but I am gay. How do you like me now?
---
RIP the truth. GT: JammyDegree0596. Fanclub members: 0
#44LerthyrPosted 11/28/2012 3:09:27 AM
Sacred_Asylum posted...
This topic makes me want to watch Courage the Cowardly Dog.

---
GT: Lerthyr
I thought what I'd do was I'd pretend I was one of those deaf-mutes.
#45Scottydont19Posted 11/28/2012 3:25:18 AM
Linctagon7 posted...
Scottydont19 posted...
Linctagon7 posted...
Scottydont19 posted...
Linctagon7 posted...
Ha. I didn't insult anyone. Maka doesn't seem insulted by what I said, so who are you to subscribe whether or not I insulted him? I also read on a phone and the small text and lack of punctuation hurts my eyes and makes the typesetting mess up on my screen. I asked him the same thing in another topic and that time he said he was on his PC and would do it.

So, Makafula, were you insulted by what I said? Did I insult you?

Yep, you sure did insult him. Got anything else to say to try and cover your tracks?

I don't have to cover anything. I stand by what I said.

Unfortunately for you, it's not up to you to decide whether I insulted him or not. That's for him to decide. You don't get to dictate the context of what other people say and then force your interpretation on them.

I asked him if I insulted him, if he says he felt insulted then I will concede that you are right and you win and I was wrong.

The joy of all this is that, if you read all the posts in this topic, I'm not the only one who thinks you insulted him. And, it doesn't matter if he feels insulted or not. Even if he didn't feel insulted by what you said, it still doesn't change the fact that what you said was insulting or offensive. I can call someone an a-hole for no good reason, and if he didn't find it rude or offensive, it would still be rude and offensive to someone.

And like I said before, you knew what you were saying would be offensive because you added "no offense" before you said it. People who say crap like that always follow it up with something offensive. So my point is this. You called him out on his punctuation after he agreed with what you were saying, after people gave you a hard time. That was a huge d*** move, and even if he wasn't insulted by it, what you did was still rude and insulting. And no, you are not correct and no amount of justification will change it.

Look, let me put this plainly. I don't care if you, or anyone else for that matter, thinks that I insulted him. You have no power to twist my context or words to your interpretation and then force it on me or him. Those words were exchanged between us. You have no stake or say in it period. Myself an Maka have had that exact same exchange before. You are an observer with no idea of the context or reason behind what was said and you somehow think you have more authority over our conversation then we ourselves do. You do not. The only opinion I care about is his. If he says I insulted him then I did and I will aplogize to him for that.

If you say so. Hey everybody. Because he had the same conversation before, its ok for him to be a d*** now. Man, I see my error and will leave you to your a-hole ways.
#46CorporalGiroroPosted 11/28/2012 3:37:41 AM
Linctagon7 posted...
Please explain to me how one can be a "coward" in a video game? While sitting on your ass in front of a TV screen holding a plastic controller to interact with a completely non-existant virtual world how can anything you do be "cowardly"? Is sitting on a couch playing a video game an act of "cowardice"? Come on now.

Seems like people just call other players cowards because they got killed. Basic insults and shaming tactics. Nothing more impressive than what one would see on a kindergarten playground.

A real coward is one who sits behind a cloak of anonimity and spews insults and degredation from the comfort of his home knowing that there will be no consequences. That's why I love LAN play. People don't dare say half the crap they do online when in the same room. That's what a coward is.

I'm more aggressive IRL. So, you know, f*** you.
---
Girogirogirogirogirogirogirogirogirogirogirogirogiro
GT - SlymR
#47MoegittoPosted 11/28/2012 3:39:00 AM
Sacred_Asylum posted...
Sacred_Asylum posted...
This topic makes me want to watch Courage the Cowardly Dog.

---
Everyone on GameFaqs pretty much is a troll. This site honestly has the WORST user base I have ever seen. -Tuggboat1121
#48JammyBauer23Posted 11/28/2012 3:42:31 AM
The Hobbit comes out Dec 14 in the United States of Awesome.
---
RIP the truth. GT: JammyDegree0596. Fanclub members: 0
#49MakafulaPosted 11/28/2012 4:47:58 AM
Nah dude you did not insult me at all. I know my typings on my phone is very bad and i am on my pc now so I am sorry about that but you know how it is.

You people just need to calm down he didnt even insult me we have discussed it before and i told him dude if i am on the pc i will fix it becuase his cellphone pushes everything to the side if there is no dot and he told me this. Stop twisting stuff just so it helps your argument and you all are just trying to make someone look bad for nothing. Scotty you need to mind your own busines dude this has nothing to do with you. I dont even know you man where did you come into it if you think that is insulting you need thicker skin im sorry.

The guy who got hit with the brick was like 22 year old and he just came in the arcade and started talking crap to everyone and he played street fighter with these guys and he strated shouting and calling this guys mom a whore and other stuff. Him and his friends and the other guys got into a fight oustside and we heard that there was a huge fight and they had to call the ambulance because they hit that guy with a brick. I live in limpopo south africa and here people get very mad when you disrespect eachother and they get physical and we dont have such strict law to protect you like in usa and uk. I never said he was a coward i said that people talk alot online because they know nothing will happen but in real life you cant just go in public and insult strangers and call their mothers like that like people do online.
#50Cornbread4lifePosted 11/28/2012 4:59:11 AM
Linctagon7 posted...
Please explain to me how one can be a "coward" in a video game? While sitting on your ass in front of a TV screen holding a plastic controller to interact with a completely non-existant virtual world how can anything you do be "cowardly"? Is sitting on a couch playing a video game an act of "cowardice"? Come on now.

Seems like people just call other players cowards because they got killed. Basic insults and shaming tactics. Nothing more impressive than what one would see on a kindergarten playground.

A real coward is one who sits behind a cloak of anonimity and spews insults and degredation from the comfort of his home knowing that there will be no consequences. That's why I love LAN play. People don't dare say half the crap they do online when in the same room. That's what a coward is.

Isn't this a little "pot calling the kettle black" action going on here? You wouldn't call any of those people cowards to their faces and you know it. Talk about sitting behind a cloak of anonymity.
---
GT: Cornbread4life
I'm loud, obnoxious, vulgar, impaired by "substance abuse" 99% of the time, but I kill it. Keep that in mind if you add me on live