They nailed it with the "hook factor" this year.

#1pdizzles125Posted 11/28/2012 6:10:02 AM
I'm glad Treyarch listened to the fans on this one. 2 Months before BO1 came out I was like "man you are going to be able to buy everything you want instantly with cod points." It's nice to see they went back to a more traditional method.

And I love that headshots / OSK's for camos are back! I haven't felt this motivated to get my camos since Fall on MW2. Diamond here I come!
---
Blak Awpz Tue, Plaestaeshun Awl Staurz. Purseauna Foar Gouldin
#2AirRawr_Posted 11/28/2012 6:11:27 AM
yea getting fall camo on mw2 was real hard I had to press up on my d pad

real grind
---
this guy I_dont_die is trolling around this message board talking trash - ZEERO_04
http://i37.tinypic.com/x1wt2u.jpg
#3Zero IXPosted 11/28/2012 6:25:00 AM
I agree with the TC. I've never cared about camos, but being able to whip out a golden handgun seems awesome. I'll be like Nicolas Cage's character in Face/Off (a real role model).
---
"An Incandescent Revelation in a World of Darkened Forms"
The bird of Hermes is my name, eating my wings to make me tame
#4RapaleemanPosted 11/28/2012 6:37:48 AM
Honestly the hook factor for me is that prestige is just that. It is a symbol.

When you prestige this year you don't really lose any progress with weapons or challenges. Yes you open a few more but you never actually lose anything and that is something that actually made it an easy choice to prestige.

I typically don't prestige as I think it is dumb to have to unlock all the attachments, camos, and challenges again. It is artificially extended the life of a product and I'm not one for grinding over and over especially for weapons I just don't like. Doesn't do it for me.

I like how I can pick what weapons I want to invest my time into. I love the 870 so I didn't mind having to unlock the attachments again and getting the clan tag/logo to add was a nice bonus. Not having to earn the OSKs again was also really nice.

The pick 10 is also really great and the one thing about prestiging this time around is that there are so many options to make up for a perk or weapon that you may not have unlocked yet. It really makes it more versatile and honestly I don't feel handicapped like I did in previous CoD titles since all of the weapons are pretty lethal. Even pistols. There are no crappy Uzis or garbage weapons (outside of the Executioner) this time around so prestiging isn't a big deal and actually worth doing for the extra classes.

Despite the maps in this one being kind of crap, I really like everything else about this game so far. Never thought I'd say that about a CoD product after the garbage that was BlOps 1 and MW3.
---
"Cover your receptors Perceptor."
Driver picks the music. Shotgun shuts his cakehole.
#5DyingPancakePosted 11/28/2012 7:06:02 AM
Rapaleeman posted...
Honestly the hook factor for me is that prestige is just that. It is a symbol.

When you prestige this year you don't really lose any progress with weapons or challenges. Yes you open a few more but you never actually lose anything and that is something that actually made it an easy choice to prestige.

I typically don't prestige as I think it is dumb to have to unlock all the attachments, camos, and challenges again. It is artificially extended the life of a product and I'm not one for grinding over and over especially for weapons I just don't like. Doesn't do it for me.

I like how I can pick what weapons I want to invest my time into. I love the 870 so I didn't mind having to unlock the attachments again and getting the clan tag/logo to add was a nice bonus. Not having to earn the OSKs again was also really nice.

The pick 10 is also really great and the one thing about prestiging this time around is that there are so many options to make up for a perk or weapon that you may not have unlocked yet. It really makes it more versatile and honestly I don't feel handicapped like I did in previous CoD titles since all of the weapons are pretty lethal. Even pistols. There are no crappy Uzis or garbage weapons (outside of the Executioner) this time around so prestiging isn't a big deal and actually worth doing for the extra classes.

Despite the maps in this one being kind of crap, I really like everything else about this game so far. Never thought I'd say that about a CoD product after the garbage that was BlOps 1 and MW3.

Agreed (except for the map part. I think they're some of the best in the series).

This is how prestiging should have been handled from the very start. It never really made sense to me to do it more than once in the previous games. They've perfected it here though
---
Under a cold October sky, I wait
Number of deer shot this year: 2
#6cwatz12Posted 11/28/2012 7:53:02 AM
I think they failed on level gating. Ghost 55? If one of the common counters to uav's is 55, then bloody uavs should be 55. That stuff should balance out. Flak jacket which is practically required for some game modes 35ish?

Frag and semtex are both available right away, but you have to wait till like 30 and 50 for proximity lethals? (betties and claymores).

The level gating was amateur hour.

Also leveling up weapons sucks.

Lastly cod points were the best system ever. Perks and equipment, what really make your character who he is, you could get right away. You never felt handicapped by level.

Weapons were gated, but they are supposed to be relatively balanced, just feel different, so its not a big issue if you have to wait for your favorite.
#7Gunther482Posted 11/28/2012 7:55:35 AM
I like that you don't lose camos when you prestige, which is typically the reason why I stop prestiging after a bit.
#8Superman070776Posted 11/28/2012 7:58:15 AM
No because the counter to UAV is Counter-UAV...people just choose not to use it. The level gating is fine. Plus, when you prestige, you can use your token to unlock Ghost for good. I chose the AN-94 on my first prestige, and I will use the next token to unlock Ghost. Too easy.
---
Game Devs...you will never please all of these complainers...so just ignore them and keep giving the rest of us the games we like.
#9ICantNameGudPosted 11/28/2012 8:02:32 AM
Honestly I think it's dumb you can' buy whatever you want with COD points. In Black Ops when you had to buy stuff -and- reach a certain level I was just like "Really...?! Pick one or the other!" Not only that, but in this one new players actually are disadvantaged as the best stuff really does all come late.

Either that or it would be cool to unlock weapons by using that class of weapons (like the way attachments unlock sort of). I do like earning camos though.
---
Get it right, do it nice. If you make a mistake, you're gonna pay for it twice. If you need it... got to have it. Get yourself a shotgun and bring it back home
#10Erupt50Posted 11/28/2012 8:06:46 AM
Superman070776 posted...
No because the counter to UAV is Counter-UAV...people just choose not to use it. The level gating is fine. Plus, when you prestige, you can use your token to unlock Ghost for good. I chose the AN-94 on my first prestige, and I will use the next token to unlock Ghost. Too easy.

Yea I love how some guys choose to ignore the fact that theres many other counters to the UAV. Counter UAV, launchers, black hat, hunter drone,etc.
---
PSN- Erupt50 XBL- Erupt50