This game got one thing right at least.

#11PharoahPelicanPosted 11/28/2012 6:32:25 AM
They also probably got one thing wrong; that General Petraeus still had a career by 2025.

He just haaaad to go sex up that one lady..

Well, that's a recent scandal, happened well after the game's production was finished. But it would be great if he did have a career, it's silly how a simple thing like that can screw up a public official's career while everyone else just shrugs it off.
---
I do not aim with my hand, I aim with my eye. I do not shoot with my hand, I shoot with my mind. I do not kill with my gun, I kill with my heart.
#12yediPosted 11/28/2012 6:34:20 AM
It kinda makes sense that a 'crisis' (ie: a world war) wouldn't be the optimal time to squander millions of dollars on hate messages and photo ops while dividing the country on petty no-win issues like abortion and gay rights instead of focusing on important things like not getting wiped off the face of the earth.

I'm Canadian, but it really does make a whole lotta sense from the outside looking in. Seriously, watching elections from north of the border it's scary how you 'merican's get during election time. Well, sometimes it's funny, but mostly scary. Especially in the states where Fox News is still considered a legitimate news association.
---
XBL: rune yedi WII:7327 0713 1219 5379 PS3: yedi
yedi.deviantart.com
#13Iceman83Posted 11/28/2012 6:34:24 AM
PharoahPelican posted...
PharoahPelican posted...
Wait, a crisis? I thought that amendment was a blanket 2 tern limit.

Apparently you dont know our history and things the US gov have in place for emergencies.

The only president to serve more than two terms was FDR. The 2 term limit was a response by Republicans to that. So you're telling me to learn my history when it seems like you don't know it as well.

And I just looked up the actual text of the 22nd amendment and there is no emergency clause, so yeah, that crisis thing was dead wrong.

Was there a Santa Clause?
---
If it bleeds, we can kill it.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5hfYJsQAhl0
#14rodman870Posted 11/28/2012 6:37:52 AM
Well, that's a recent scandal, happened well after the game's production was finished. But it would be great if he did have a career, it's silly how a simple thing like that can screw up a public official's career while everyone else just shrugs it off.

True, but the bad thing is if he hadn't gotten caught up in a scandal I could easily see him being the secretary of defense (or was it state?) in a dozen years.

Now it's a longshot to say the least.
---
I like tacos more than burritos.
I'm going to eat a taco, then a burrito. Get it right people...
#15PharoahPelicanPosted 11/28/2012 6:39:17 AM
It kinda makes sense that a 'crisis' (ie: a world war) wouldn't be the optimal time to squander millions of dollars on hate messages and photo ops while dividing the country on petty no-win issues like abortion and gay rights instead of focusing on important things like not getting wiped off the face of the earth.

I'm Canadian, but it really does make a whole lotta sense from the outside looking in. Seriously, watching elections from north of the border it's scary how you 'merican's get during election time. Well, sometimes it's funny, but mostly scary. Especially in the states where Fox News is still considered a legitimate news association.

No, it's scary, and stupid, and annoying, and a waste of time for the most part. Campaigns now are 90% how the other guy is bad and 10% anything else that isn't saying what the candidate actually wants to do.

But, there's been 2 World Wars. The US was in WW1 for a year. We were in WW2 for 4, but FDR started in the Depression. Then after that they ratified the 22nd amendment limiting the president to two terms. Unless there's an amendment that follows that that says in a crisis they can serve longer then there's nothing about that.
---
I do not aim with my hand, I aim with my eye. I do not shoot with my hand, I shoot with my mind. I do not kill with my gun, I kill with my heart.
#16PharoahPelicanPosted 11/28/2012 6:43:23 AM

True, but the bad thing is if he hadn't gotten caught up in a scandal I could easily see him being the secretary of defense (or was it state?) in a dozen years.

Now it's a longshot to say the least.

I think it was defense, but yeah.

I don't know enough about him though, would he have been good at that job?
---
#17Zmapper33Posted 11/28/2012 6:52:13 AM
Even if there isn't an emergency clause one would be put in place if it was bad enough and the standing president would remain, there just wouldn't be enough time/money to go through an election.

As for the 2 term limit, I think it is stupid. The presidency should be 1 term whether that be 4 years or 8. Reason is because first terms seem like safe terms where nothing is really done AND an entire year or the 3 years is spent campaigning for the next term... waste of time. If the president won and knew okay now I'm president for as long as the limit allows no matter what (except impeachable offenses) then there would be less worry about how they are portraying them self for an upcoming election and they could just get right down to business.
#18slipknotrox765Posted 11/28/2012 6:53:27 AM
Linctagon7 posted...
That Obama won't be president anymore by 2025.

Thank God for that. Maybe America can recover then.

you're either an idiot or a troll
---
GT: UPSEToPENGUINS
#19PharoahPelicanPosted 11/28/2012 6:54:24 AM
Even if there isn't an emergency clause one would be put in place if it was bad enough and the standing president would remain, there just wouldn't be enough time/money to go through an election.

As for the 2 term limit, I think it is stupid. The presidency should be 1 term whether that be 4 years or 8. Reason is because first terms seem like safe terms where nothing is really done AND an entire year or the 3 years is spent campaigning for the next term... waste of time. If the president won and knew okay now I'm president for as long as the limit allows no matter what (except impeachable offenses) then there would be less worry about how they are portraying them self for an upcoming election and they could just get right down to business.

It would have to be ratified as an amendment, and that would take a lot of time too.

That makes sense.
---
#20PharoahPelicanPosted 11/28/2012 7:23:37 AM
Linctagon7 posted...
That Obama won't be president anymore by 2025.

Thank God for that. Maybe America can recover then.

you're either an idiot or a troll

---