Wow sniper rifles take literally no skill.

#1krazykiwikidPosted 11/28/2012 7:54:00 PM
I never really got into any of the other CoD MP games so I'm not sure if it was always the same. But seriously a OHK to anywhere in the body? Couple that with the fact that you seemingly hardly even have to aim at the body for a shot to hit. I just played 4 games on Moshpit and a sniper rifle was literally the only thing I died to apart from maybe 3-4 deaths. Maybe that's because it's such a scrub gun that 95% of the other team were using them? What the hell were the developers thinking?
#2TheLegendofDevPosted 11/28/2012 7:55:16 PM
Anywhere in the body? What...
---
Here comes Justice!
#3HaahahahaPosted 11/28/2012 7:55:39 PM
I dont mind because I dont snipe that often.

there is a video on youtube explaining where each sniper rifle hit marker will often OHKO.

but in BLOPS!, i started getting pretty good with the bolt action, I can tell there is a sweet spot for moving targets but I havent mastered it yet. whenever I want to feel like a skilled sniper i will play BLOPS1. I suggest you do that too.
---
SoulSilverFC~ 4126 3793 3849
#4iiTryhardPosted 11/28/2012 7:55:51 PM
Then use it and go 150-0 every game if its that overpowered
---
XBL: iiTryHaard
Yes, i i do try hard http://www.lowbird.com/data/images/2012/08/imgur-dofor.jpg
#5Random_PopeyePosted 11/28/2012 7:56:31 PM
Because it kills you it takes no skill?
#6DVS_SMURF_9200Posted 11/28/2012 7:56:34 PM
I imagine the developers were like, "hey guys lets put guns in the game, and then someone was like, good idea lets put a sniper in there, and then everyone was like, yea good idea."
---
GT: DVS SMURF 9200
#7krazykiwikid(Topic Creator)Posted 11/28/2012 7:57:24 PM
iiTryhard posted...
Then use it and go 150-0 every game if its that overpowered

Lol weslie snipes here. I did a sniper build on the last game I had and instantly had some really great results. Thanks.
#8ICantNameGudPosted 11/28/2012 7:57:45 PM
The DSR is above the waist OHK because everyone used to complain about how stupid it was that a 50cal round tore people in half. The Ballista has natural lightweight and is only OHK to upper chest and above (like previous COD snipers OHK zone).

If it's so easy please, I invite you to go 2.0+ with over 20 kills and 5 captures. I mean they take no skill, if I can do it most matches you can too.
---
Get it right, do it nice. If you make a mistake, you're gonna pay for it twice. If you need it... got to have it. Get yourself a shotgun and bring it back home
#9Moose_Of_WoePosted 11/28/2012 7:59:31 PM(edited)
Too much bullet magnetism. If you aim anywhere remotely near them, the shot hits.

It's the same with all guns, though. Full autos benefit from it more than anything else. Extremely low health + don't have to aim properly = gg.

It's not the snipers that are the problem. It's a combination of the game having too much bullet magnetism (and, by extension, aim assist) combined with extremely low health across the board.
#10krazykiwikid(Topic Creator)Posted 11/28/2012 7:58:36 PM
Random_Popeye posted...
Because it kills you it takes no skill?

Because it takes about as much talent as playing a point and click adventure game. Actually, no you have to use your brain to play those.