Wow sniper rifles take literally no skill.

#21DVS_SMURF_9200Posted 11/28/2012 8:09:14 PM
krazykiwikid posted...
DVS_SMURF_9200 posted...
krazykiwikid posted...
Random_Popeye posted...
Because it kills you it takes no skill?

Because it takes about as much talent as playing a point and click adventure game. Actually, no you have to use your brain to play those.

define skill in the sense that videogames take so much skill, please.

The skill of fine muscle movements, and reactions? Try playing a fighting game or Trials and say it doesn't take a learned skill to be good at those games.

Okay I can agree on trials and a game like mortal kombat, that stuff took me a while to get good at. But Call of Duty has never really needed, skill, to be good.
---
GT: DVS SMURF 9200
#22krazykiwikid(Topic Creator)Posted 11/28/2012 8:10:01 PM
Olde_English800 posted...
I might have to test this as I have no skill.

Bolt action - sit at the back of the map - aim - no, POINT the gun in the general direction of the enemy. Bingo.

Bonus points if you sit behind an enemy spawn and soon you'll have a scope that actually highlights enemies too so you'll have to use even less of your brain.
#23krazykiwikid(Topic Creator)Posted 11/28/2012 8:15:50 PM
DVS_SMURF_9200 posted...
krazykiwikid posted...
DVS_SMURF_9200 posted...
krazykiwikid posted...
Random_Popeye posted...
Because it kills you it takes no skill?

Because it takes about as much talent as playing a point and click adventure game. Actually, no you have to use your brain to play those.

define skill in the sense that videogames take so much skill, please.

The skill of fine muscle movements, and reactions? Try playing a fighting game or Trials and say it doesn't take a learned skill to be good at those games.

Okay I can agree on trials and a game like mortal kombat, that stuff took me a while to get good at. But Call of Duty has never really needed, skill, to be good.

I stated in my first post that this is the first time I've really got(tried) into CoD MP. Bad Company is a shooter that takes a hell of a lot more skill than this. Bullets actually drop over distance and take time to get to their target. It's an acquired skill to get a head shot on a moving target in that game.

Lol Mortal Kombat was the last fighting game I was thinking of but I'm glad you understand.
#24DVS_SMURF_9200Posted 11/28/2012 8:20:44 PM
I found Bad Company's sniping a bit easy compared to say BF3's sniping, there is no sway in bad company so killing people was not to hard at long ranges, and I felt as if I was far enough away it would just give me the headshot. Not saying the game was bad, I loved it, but saying it took skill is a different matter.
---
#25elchris79Posted 11/28/2012 8:22:46 PM
@krazykiwikid:
Still waiting for to to explain why it was so difficult for you to understand what I was saying? And failing that, still waiting for you to post your gamer tag so you can show us how sniping is so easy?
#26krazykiwikid(Topic Creator)Posted 11/28/2012 8:23:19 PM
DVS_SMURF_9200 posted...
I found Bad Company's sniping a bit easy compared to say BF3's sniping, there is no sway in bad company so killing people was not to hard at long ranges, and I felt as if I was far enough away it would just give me the headshot. Not saying the game was bad, I loved it, but saying it took skill is a different matter.

"Bad Company is a shooter that takes a hell of a lot more skill than this"
#27DVS_SMURF_9200Posted 11/28/2012 8:24:34 PM
elchris79 posted...
@krazykiwikid:
Still waiting for to to explain why it was so difficult for you to understand what I was saying? And failing that, still waiting for you to post your gamer tag so you can show us how sniping is so easy?

Go check out my vids, while your at it make me a youtube star, thanks =D
---
#28DVS_SMURF_9200Posted 11/28/2012 8:26:00 PM
krazykiwikid posted...
DVS_SMURF_9200 posted...

"Bad Company is a shooter that takes a hell of a lot more skill than this"

Call of Duty has never been about who has more skill, but rather who has the better/worse connection.
---
#29elchris79Posted 11/28/2012 8:26:37 PM
DVS_SMURF_9200 posted...
elchris79 posted...
@krazykiwikid:

Go check out my vids, while your at it make me a youtube star, thanks =D

Heh, you're not the d!ck who makes claims that are all mouth no trousers dude. :)
#30bowlofpeasPosted 11/28/2012 8:28:24 PM
Why is it important for a gun to require "skill" again?
You don't get any additional points for using a "hard to use" gun.

A player should use whatever gun he can to increase his win chances against his opponents.