Ghost is still a great perk. ITT I laugh if you think otherwise.

• Topic Archived

You have been randomly selected to participate in the Beta Test of our new message list page. We've rolled out this test in order to get additional feedback and error reports from a wider subset of users. We'll only display this notice once, but permanent links to disable the Beta, provide feedback, and get more information will be located at the bottom of each message list.

To disable this test for now, click here. For more information, please read our announcement about this redesign.

1. Boards
  2. Call of Duty: Black Ops II
  3. Ghost is still a great perk. ITT I laugh if you think otherwise.
2 years ago#21
Saizen13 posted...
clegg105 posted...
Its the dawn of run and gun only game play with no strategy. LOVE IT

What? Did you not play CoD until BO1 or possibly MW3? People ran all the time in older cods. Even snipers would in CoD 4 or they'd use their deagle and run around with it. Run and gun takes more skill and strategy than sitting ads while head glitching a barrel all game.

Omg, would people please quit using the word "skill" when referencing this series. Strategy != run and gun either.
2 years ago#22
mr_caution posted...
aheroafake posted...
I have a question: Ghost doesn't work unless you're moving, according to its description. What kind of movement is the game referring to? Like, if I am taking baby steps will it work or do I have to be moving at the normal walking speed or do I have to be sprinting for it to take effect? Off topic but am I using the correct term for "effect" or is "affect" the proper term?

You need to be running (not sprinting). Crouch-moving does not work. Aiming down the sight of larger primary weapons without using a stock attachment does not work. ADSing with LMGs + stock attachment + Lightweight also does not work, so it would be a waste to use it with any LMG class, fyi.

While using Ghost, your minimap's arrow for your character will indicate when you are moving fast enough to avoid being seen.

Well at least it lets you know, as long as I can tell when I show up and when I don't. That's all that really matters, you definitely want to know for sure if they can see you or not.
---
GT: Cornbread4life
I'm loud, obnoxious, vulgar, impaired by "substance abuse" 99% of the time, but I kill it. Keep that in mind if you add me on live
2 years ago#23
Itt= I think that I laugh if you think otherwise?
---
M'Aiq knows that there are no babies, instead, the mother must deliever a five foot Imperial. -Sinroth
2 years ago#24
Cornbread4life posted...
mr_caution posted...
aheroafake posted...
I have a question: Ghost doesn't work unless you're moving, according to its description. What kind of movement is the game referring to? Like, if I am taking baby steps will it work or do I have to be moving at the normal walking speed or do I have to be sprinting for it to take effect? Off topic but am I using the correct term for "effect" or is "affect" the proper term?

You need to be running (not sprinting). Crouch-moving does not work. Aiming down the sight of larger primary weapons without using a stock attachment does not work. ADSing with LMGs + stock attachment + Lightweight also does not work, so it would be a waste to use it with any LMG class, fyi.

While using Ghost, your minimap's arrow for your character will indicate when you are moving fast enough to avoid being seen.

Well at least it lets you know, as long as I can tell when I show up and when I don't. That's all that really matters, you definitely want to know for sure if they can see you or not.

Others can chime in here if I'm wrong (I haven't actually tested this), but I *think* the indicator just shows when you could be pinged by a potential UAV -- not just exclusively when you've been pinged.

The reason I say this is because the indicator seems to be active and display your movement adequacy even when no enemy UAV is up. Again, please correct me if this is a wrong perception.
  1. Boards
  2. Call of Duty: Black Ops II
  3. Ghost is still a great perk. ITT I laugh if you think otherwise.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Message List Beta Test is now on. To disable the Beta, just click here, or you can read more about it, report an error, or provide general feedback.
  • Topic Archived