As a COD fan I want to say COD requires no skill. stop pretending otherwise.

#1Assassin_X_GethPosted 11/29/2012 1:07:46 AM
I'm a LONG time gamer and if theres anything I hate its when people in a game like COD claim using a certain weapon doesn't require skill. But the reality is nothing in this game requires skill when you compare it to something like Counter Strike which actually requires skill.

Perhaps thats why people play COD more because CS is to challenging for them. Feel free to post I am a troll despite the fact I own this game too. I don't play it as much as I do CS because COD is to easy.
---
GFAQS - Land where your opinion is what everyone else says it is.
#2typhone004Posted 11/29/2012 1:11:08 AM
Worst logic I've ever seen. You didn't even try to provide any evidence, and still made claims like "Perhaps thats why people play COD more because CS is to challenging for them"

In the same way, I could say that so many people play cod because counterstrike is just too easy for them.
#3NailbombPosted 11/29/2012 1:12:34 AM
To be fair, twitch reactions are a skill. The random spawns make tactical maneuvering difficult, but not impossible. Trying to go positive using only a single Executioner actually takes some pretty serious skill, at least if you're trying to do it regularly. The real argument is just how much effort the game really requires, but that's just me arguing semantics.
---
I find it amusing that something a drunk person babbled at me is considered "common sense" by Dismind! - Brain Hammer
#4singhellotakuPosted 11/29/2012 1:23:48 AM
No it doesn't but who cares, its mostly about seeing the other guy first, most strategy just becomes not being noticed, in a way its kind of like AC's multiplayer in spirit.
#5Link43130Posted 11/29/2012 1:25:00 AM
counter strike/skilled play

pick one
---
Steam/XBL/PSN: Link43130
#6R0YB0TPosted 11/29/2012 1:46:17 AM
This is my first COD that I am playing and I am a long time gamer and PC gamer.
The only reason I am playing it is because I have friends and co-workers who are playing it. Sure it is really easy and silly at times but a casual game is all most of us have time for.

The insane amount of target assist, auto aim, and random spawning make it easy for everyone to have a good time. And that isn't a bad thing.

I would love it if everyone I knew had a gaming PC and a copy of Natural Selection 2, but that is never going to happen.
#7duericPosted 11/29/2012 1:58:05 AM
When I have a bad session, it's because the game is too easy.

When I have a good session, it's because I'm a beast.
---
"It's like people using the internet have never heard of the internet." - SadHillShowdown Gamefaqs member
#8High_WarlordPosted 11/29/2012 2:01:36 AM
Does any game actually require skill? Maybe to be good, but not to play.
---
A human mage, elf archer and dwarf warrior walk into a bar.
Now loading, please wait...
#9unceramoniusPosted 11/29/2012 2:05:25 AM
THIS GAME IS ALL CONNECTION

My god you delusional people. Oooooh im neo from the matrix, morphing through bullets, im da best!!!!!!!

Actually no your not....lag comp is stroking your ass making you about a zillion times better than you actually are. You may as well play with codes on for infinite health

Now do well on cod 4 or mw2 and your not the host....THEN i will beg to differ. But this game? BULLCRAP.
---
Insanity leads to chaos then to solitude, the fruitless effort of adding meaning to what is meaningless!!!
#10Assassin_X_Geth(Topic Creator)Posted 11/29/2012 3:17:21 AM
Not sure how old everyone is here but most older gamers (I'm in my early 30s) tend to say COD is way to easy compared to COD. COD was the game that always had people fighting to see who was best. No kill streaks. No infinite lives. Nothing really but the basics. You even started out (depending on the mode/mod) with a little money and had to earn it. Once you beat a match you started all over with the default amount of money.

It took skill. However if you REALLY want skill then play Americas Army, not sure if its still around but that game was way more realistic then games today. Getting shot in the leg slowed you down, left a blood trail and left untreated you would die....for good (well for that round). It required even more skill and a ton of patience. Lets not forget you could kill your teammates which would affect your game and your ranking in game. There were actual ROE's. Just firing a RPG without checking behind meant you could kill a teammate accidently and break the ROE.

After playing that and CS I feel like COD is essentially a game about being Rambo with a butt ton of over the top ways to kill people. Spamming grenades, care packages, missile strikes...etc. I get its not a realistic game but after awhile it feels overkill.

I don't hate COD, I just hate when people say you need amazing skill to play it. Actually it would be like saying Skyrim takes skill and is hard. When we know Dark Souls is actually hard and takes actual skill.
---
GFAQS - Land where your opinion is what everyone else says it is.