As a COD fan I want to say COD requires no skill. stop pretending otherwise.

#11KabtheMentatPosted 11/29/2012 3:26:59 AM
I wasn't aware Counter Strike required skill either. I suppose being able to get to a choke point/camp spot faster than the other team is a skill.

And fun fact, Dark Souls doesn't take skill. It just takes trial and error with some memorization. Once you go through an area you then blow through it easily if you start a new character/game and do it again.
---
Big Money. Big Women. Big Fun.
http://thesocialrev.com/forum/index.php
#12NinjaDeath911Posted 11/29/2012 3:40:55 AM
Assassin_X_Geth posted...
I'm a LONG time gamer and if theres anything I hate its when people in a game like COD claim using a certain weapon doesn't require skill. But the reality is nothing in this game requires skill when you compare it to something like Counter Strike which actually requires skill.

Perhaps thats why people play COD more because CS is to challenging for them. Feel free to post I am a troll despite the fact I own this game too. I don't play it as much as I do CS because COD is to easy.

Pretty sure it takes me awhile to get good at this game
Pretty sure its easy to go 1 and 10
#13Krazoa2Posted 11/29/2012 3:44:42 AM(edited)
KabtheMentat posted...
And fun fact, Dark Souls doesn't take skill. It just takes trial and error with some memorization. Once you go through an area you then blow through it easily if you start a new character/game and do it again.

I disagree that it doesnt take skill, but agree that it doesnt take a whole lot and most of it is just knowing what to do Dark Souls tricks and cons you into thinking it's a skill-required game more than being one.

NinjaDeath911 posted...
Pretty sure it takes me awhile to get good at this game
Pretty sure its easy to go 1 and 10

1. You're horrible at it and probably games in general.
or
2. Your internet is horrible.
or
3. You're holding the wrong controller.
#14billnye69Posted 11/29/2012 3:54:26 AM
Play Ninja Gaiden 1/2 on Master Mode and then come talk to me about skill.
---
Game Series that tons of people liked but I thought were terrible. - Half-Life, Mass Effect, Gears of War, Dragon Age, Skyrim.
#15MMF_LegacyPosted 11/29/2012 4:07:55 AM
Nailbomb posted...
To be fair, twitch reactions are a skill. The random spawns make tactical maneuvering difficult, but not impossible. Trying to go positive using only a single Executioner actually takes some pretty serious skill, at least if you're trying to do it regularly. The real argument is just how much effort the game really requires, but that's just me arguing semantics.

More like a genetic thing. I'm average but my 14 year old brother has been playing for 4 years since he was 10 all acrossed multiples CODs and he's very face paced and awesome to watch. He holds his controller really weird so I guess that's his advantage. He keeps his middle fingers on the triggers and index fingers on the RB and LB buttons. I can't do that because I alternate with my index fingers between triggers and bumpers.
#16smfa3Posted 11/29/2012 4:08:55 AM
if it doesn't take skills than i call pull a trickshot so easily in Turbine
#17MMF_LegacyPosted 11/29/2012 4:09:30 AM
smfa3 posted...
if it doesn't take skills than i call pull a trickshot so easily in Turbine

Just timing.
#18donsparksPosted 11/29/2012 4:24:41 AM
It depends on how you think skill is measured. Connections aside, to me CoD takes some skill.Maybe not alot, but some.Aim and reaction time is the skill required for this game.If you have bad hand/eye coordination, you will loose more gunfights than you win.The players that get 30 kills w/single deaths in TDM, have more skill than the guys w/single digit kills and double digit deaths.

I'm not blind, sometimes I know I get screwed by lag, but most of the time, I simply got out played when I loose a gunfight.I'm not ashamed to say my aim is not the best.
#19Overd0sPosted 11/29/2012 4:28:40 AM
Assassin_X_Geth posted...
GFAQS - Land where your opinion is what everyone else says it is..

I completely agree, your opinions =/= facts
---
http://qkme.me/3rkey4
Bad News: 2-6 all time. Good news: The coach has usually been fired at some point that season.
#20N0v4k41nPosted 11/29/2012 4:43:21 AM
KabtheMentat posted...
I wasn't aware Counter Strike required skill either. I suppose being able to get to a choke point/camp spot faster than the other team is a skill.

/facepalm

Do me a favor. Load up CS and pick any assault rifle. Load a bot and stand across the map from it. Aim your crosshairs on the bot and hold down the trigger. Report back here when you kill it.

See you never.