Did Blops 2's story totally negate the first's? Spoilers for a 2 year old game.

#1SiegePosted 11/29/2012 8:14:47 AM
I don't remember anything saying Woods lived after the events of the first game. It was cool seeing him alive and all but it made no sense especially when no one mentions it at all about him surviving. I thought when you first see Mason again and they mention Woods needs help, I thought Mason was going to say something along the lines of him thinking Woods was dead but he was just all "Why can't he help himself" or something like that. And the whole part in the first trailer with Woods saying "Except for the fact that I'm still alive, none of this surprises me." It's like Treyarch acknowledged that he was dead and brought him magically back.

Anyway, away from Woods. At the end of the first game we see Mason in the crowd in Houston watching Kennedy. I was always under the impression that he ended up assassinated him or something but what was the point of all that? It meant nothing as it was never mentioned in part 2.

I hate when they make sequels for things that have nothing to do with the previous title. Why even call it part 2? This game could of not had any people from the first game at all and it could of been called Call of Duty: Future Warfare and it would of made no difference.
---
Causing drama for the moderators since December 2000.
#2CosmicChristPosted 11/29/2012 12:38:37 PM
Blops 1 tells you woods lives....you need to collect that intel before you complain.
#3patkelly929Posted 11/29/2012 12:45:52 PM
Siege posted...
I don't remember anything saying Woods lived after the events of the first game. It was cool seeing him alive and all but it made no sense especially when no one mentions it at all about him surviving. I thought when you first see Mason again and they mention Woods needs help, I thought Mason was going to say something along the lines of him thinking Woods was dead but he was just all "Why can't he help himself" or something like that. And the whole part in the first trailer with Woods saying "Except for the fact that I'm still alive, none of this surprises me." It's like Treyarch acknowledged that he was dead and brought him magically back.

Anyway, away from Woods. At the end of the first game we see Mason in the crowd in Houston watching Kennedy. I was always under the impression that he ended up assassinated him or something but what was the point of all that? It meant nothing as it was never mentioned in part 2.

I hate when they make sequels for things that have nothing to do with the previous title. Why even call it part 2? This game could of not had any people from the first game at all and it could of been called Call of Duty: Future Warfare and it would of made no difference.

I thought this was going to be a part of Black Ops 2, the actual assassination as the big shocking moment, a la No Russian. Especially because of Krevchenko's (sp? The one you choke in the first Black Ops) comment in Black Ops 1.

"You tried to make me kill the President of the United States!"
"Tried?" - insert devious smile.

I thought we'd be in a mission where you're told to kill a "target", and when you look down the scope, there's Kennedy. Then you escape with an ally out of a grassy knoll.
---
"Gary was here. Ash is a loser!" = Greatest Tramp Stamp Ever
#4BgSoAPosted 11/29/2012 12:59:48 PM
Isn't Woods the guy who blows up from a bunch of grenades in Vietnam? Like when he kills Kravchenko? Or did I dream that?
---
macarena69 posted... "That's the point. I can do it, you can't stop me, I gain nothing from listening to you, come on me bro"