"Skill based" matchmaking is probably gonna be taken out. lol

#31AztecSoulPosted 11/29/2012 7:42:53 PM
Too be honest I never knew there was "Skill based matchmaking" I always thought it was just bad luck the game was putting me in horrible teams 95% of the time against high level prestige players. Don't get me wrong I can stand my ground against them but, every now and than I wish I could turn down the level a little since it's frustrating having to go tryhard in every single lobby I join when playing solo. I still get my pointstreaks like the Warthog etc but not as much as I would like, back in MW3 I practically called in the assault Juggernaut everygame which I enjoyed. What I'm trying to say is that this game punishes you for doing good and playing solo by increasing your chances in throwing you into lobbies you can't win on your own. Most of the time I just spectate them since there's no point on helping them until the lobby kicks me out.
---
No matter how many times you shoot me I'm going to come back more pissed off then ever before.
http://myfacewhen.com/56/
#32xHailstonePosted 11/29/2012 7:46:17 PM
gamester091 posted...
Good players having to face other good players, its such a tragedy am i right? /sarcasm

I'm obviously not asking for every game to be filled with players like that. There was nothing wrong with there being a few good players, several average players, and a couple poor players in each lobby.

Aside from slowing the game down to a crawl, my other complaint with SBMM is that it removes any kind of sense of progression. As you improved in previous games, your scores would also improve. In BO2 that's not the case at all. As I improve, I just keep facing increasingly harder players and it feels like I'm never getting better.

If the system worked perfectly (obviously, it doesn't), then every player would have a 1.0 k/d every single game (give or take a few kills). Would you have fun doing that? Just going 10-10 for dozens of matches in a row and never doing any better or worse? For a lot of people the fun part of CoD is chasing those elusive games where you pull out a moab or 2 sets of dogs. BO2 basically removed that carrot on a stick for solo queueing players completely, and it's worse off for it.
#33xHailstonePosted 11/29/2012 7:50:05 PM
dueric posted...
The matchmaking here is stat based. Not skill based.

That alone should tell you why your games are so dull.

Obviously not. I played a ton of nuketown 24/7 when it was out and my global SPM is 512 although it's been slowly dropping due to these lobbies.
#34duericPosted 11/29/2012 7:57:33 PM
xHailstone posted...
dueric posted...
The matchmaking here is stat based. Not skill based.

That alone should tell you why your games are so dull.

Obviously not. I played a ton of nuketown 24/7 when it was out and my global SPM is 512 although it's been slowly dropping due to these lobbies.

Well I don't know what to tell ya, man.

You're in the dull games too, so.....
---
"It's like people using the internet have never heard of the internet." - SadHillShowdown Gamefaqs member
#35crackrocksteadyPosted 11/29/2012 7:57:59 PM
xHailstone posted...
dueric posted...
That's just COD, not skill based matchmaking.

Truly good players play to win and will always find a way to do so.

So maybe you're just not as good as your stats suggest. Or you're the exception and everybody else in your games are the problem.

Not trying to be a jerk, just sayin...

Huh? I have 2.79 k/d with a 61% win ratio playing mostly alone. I'm not struggling to win, it's just incredibly dull to play in those matches and sucks the fun out of the game.

One of my roomates plays very casually (he's like level 30 @ 0 prestige with a massively negative k/d and w/l) and every now and then several of us party up. If he's the leader, the matches are almost comical. Lobbies full of 0/1 prestige new players running around with riot shields and going 5-30.

The difference is night and day. I switch my killstreaks from UAV/CUAV/Lightning to VSAT/VTOL/Dogs and I get the second set more frequently in a party with poor players and than I get my Lightning playing solo. Your game experience will change a lot based on how sbmm is placing you. I would imagine many new players are finding this game a lot more fun than us vets.

Ok but look at it objectively bro, if you're performing on a much higher level than these guys you should move up to the next level of competition. You can't play high school basketball if you're an NBA player, because the game just becomes completely unfair. Not to mention that your mauling my teammates and then dropping killstreaks like nobody's business. Then my teammates drop out of the game and its 2v6 domination.

Consider yourself lucky that you've still found a way to exploit it by party matchup. Don't get me wrong, i like to get big numbers in my matches too, but if i'm not getting them because the game matches based on skill, i'll either have to improve or do poorly.

And if the matches you get into based on your skill are too boring for you, why not just tank your stats?
---
Do they speak english in what?
#36DiehardFFv2Posted 11/29/2012 7:59:11 PM
dueric posted...
earthmaster3 posted...
That's a Thunder vid, Thunder is a whiny brat who thinks everything should be handed to him, I wouldn't worry about it.

He's a firefighter, dude. If he wants to complain about a stupid ass videogame, I think he can without people calling him a "whiny brat".

A whiny brat is a whiny brat regardless of his/her profession.
---
Intel i5 3570k @4.2 GHz/ Asrock Z77 Extreme4 / 8GB G.Skill Sniper 1866 / EVGA GTX 570 / Corsair Force GT 120GB / Seagate Barracuda 2TB
#37gamester091Posted 11/29/2012 7:59:36 PM
DiehardFFv2 posted...
dueric posted...
earthmaster3 posted...
That's a Thunder vid, Thunder is a whiny brat who thinks everything should be handed to him, I wouldn't worry about it.

He's a firefighter, dude. If he wants to complain about a stupid ass videogame, I think he can without people calling him a "whiny brat".

A whiny brat is a whiny brat regardless of his/her profession.

or age...you forgot age
---
Weird. The Royal Ludroth is like a pet dog. Rolls around on land and occasionally gets spit on the floor.-ssj4warrior
#38Eternal_WarlordPosted 11/29/2012 8:59:55 PM
Yeah if he's complaining about putting out fires in buildings that weren't up to code standards then I would agree with that statement as he's a firefighter. And this saves me money on taxes if adequate changes are made to lessen the possibility of this kind of BS.

But, complaining about a game mechanic and feeling you are somehow entitled to a change in this system that affects no one but you in your specific situation is known as being a whiny brat. Legitimate issues warrant change but having a boring youtube channel because you're bad at a game or can't exploit a broken mechanic for your clips isn't legitimate. That sounds like a personal problem and people who complain about personal problems are responsible for their own ****. It's nobody else's job to improve you.
---
Got back from Oregon 07/05/2010. Wasn't gonna leave but then I saw this: http://img149.imageshack.us/img149/9075/sam1064.jpg
psn: EternalGST
#39J2DKPosted 11/29/2012 9:13:43 PM
Skill based matchmaking also makes it hard for me to screw around and just have fun. I mean, if I don't want to play seriously, I basically forfeit. In Black Ops 1, I could play around with different classes, do badly and have fun. Here, if I mess with wacky classes, I do terribly, and it just isn't as fun. Again, doing badly is fine, doing terribly can be frustrating.

I don't mind competitive matchmaking most of the time, but I don't always want to try my hardest to play.
---
I feel my blood rushing through my body. Yes, this is it. The feeling - it's coming back to me: the sensation of killing.