I think 'Ghost' being one of the last things you unlock is......

#1donsparksPosted 11/29/2012 10:05:31 PM(edited)
Great.In past CoD games CB/Ghost is usually in about 20-40% of my classes.Now that I have been doing just about what I would be doing if I had it, I now know I don't need it.I think I'm going for scavenger when I prestige.
#2typhone004Posted 11/29/2012 9:45:46 PM
Once you prestige you can just permanently unlock it.
#3hanguknamjaPosted 11/29/2012 9:54:34 PM
its just better to run FHJ.
when spy planes go up you shoot em down. free points.

plus your whole team benefits.
---
3DS FC ~ 0259 - 0297 - 4254 ~
Albert
#4xDeadrebornxPosted 11/29/2012 9:58:23 PM
Not sure if true but i heard if you sit still it cannot see you. So i dont know
---
It was close...real close.
#5donsparks(Topic Creator)Posted 11/29/2012 10:04:02 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#6JonnywestsidePosted 11/29/2012 10:10:10 PM
I think this was the intention behind putting it so high. Unfortunatley it just made me feel at a disadvantage alot of the time since I was always put up against full teams of Ghost using UAV spammers less than a day after release.
#7lil_bandit18Posted 11/29/2012 10:13:17 PM
It'll all even out as everyone grinds to 55 without it, then has it forever. I really think tier one is strong as hell, between lightweight, hardline, Ghost and Flak Jacket, your choices are tough. Second tier is a lot easier as scavenger stands ahead since it replenishes all your equipment (black hats!!) third tier pretty much all aren't useful really except engineer, it stands pretty far ahead of the bunch. Dexterity is only really useful on LMG's. Tac mask actually has it's merit too.
---
TM 87
http://i.imgur.com/m5kAg.gif http://imgur.com/DlYPQ.gif
#8Faust_8Posted 11/29/2012 10:28:17 PM
I don't like it, since it's coupled with UAV being much, much cheaper than any other streak reward.

Basically everyone uses UAV. It's 3-4 kills to earn...but everything else is much higher. Things that would be 4 kills is now 6 like the Counter UAV. A chopper that's more suited to 7 kills is now around 11.

But that's STILL not all. Being on the UAV all the time isn't bad just by itself...I mean, in all the games that had Stopping Power, most of us were on the UAV most of the time right?

This game, however, has truly terrible maps. Any place you can go, there are far too many entrances or debris to hide behind. You can get headglitched or flanked too many ways, resulting in you dying not because of being outplayed, but because you only have two eyes. Thus being on the radar is especially painful in this game. In games like CoD4, MW2, WaW, and BO, that wasn't a problem. There weren't that many places you could die from. You didn't have to have compound eyes to see attackers coming.

So what we have is Ghost is the last unlock, UAV is spammed more than ever, and being on the UAV sweeps hurts more than ever. Conclusion: Ghost is almost a necessity. It makes the game twice as easy to play because you're not constantly rounding corners with people already aiming at you, or getting constantly blindsided because you chose the wrong spot to check for enemies out of several possible spots.

New players or anyone who doesn't permanently unlock Ghost have a really, really tough time. Hell it's on all my classes and I still can't stop myself from getting shot by unseen enemies. (And I just love when I get shot from an unseen attacker 4 seconds after spawning. Didn't think to look behind me after spawning Treyarch, guess that's my fault.)
---
The supernatural says that if you act a certain way you might avoid suffering. But reality says you came from the stars...
#9donsparks(Topic Creator)Posted 11/30/2012 3:49:34 AM
Faust 8

You make some great points.Now I simply shoot down uavs as soon as I can , because the sky isn't as bad as MW3.As far as being blind sighted, I think it's more of the spawns flipping than the maps.Some maps are bad when it comes to so many routes.Some maps , not so much.
#10Escaf1ownePosted 11/30/2012 3:53:09 AM
lil_bandit18 posted...
It'll all even out as everyone grinds to 55 without it, then has it forever. I really think tier one is strong as hell, between lightweight, hardline, Ghost and Flak Jacket, your choices are tough. Second tier is a lot easier as scavenger stands ahead since it replenishes all your equipment (black hats!!) third tier pretty much all aren't useful really except engineer, it stands pretty far ahead of the bunch. Dexterity is only really useful on LMG's. Tac mask actually has it's merit too.

Oh wow, I didn't know Scavenger replenished Black Hats. I think I'm going to use that now.
---
Playing: D3, BF3, MW3....3's are good.