I think 'Ghost' being one of the last things you unlock is......

#11jay11228181Posted 11/30/2012 4:10:58 AM
It's really a downer when you've gone through the trouble of flanking the enemy, you are about to grab a few easy kills. Suddenly you hear enemy UAV, they turn around and you're dead.
#12RJrockstarPosted 11/30/2012 4:21:52 AM
The only reason I am happy that ghost being a last level unlock, means that a lot more people are equipped with Equipment that could take down said killstreaks.
Still not as many people as I would like but enough.
---
GT: FixdSwine
#13Faust_8Posted 11/30/2012 10:48:18 AM
donsparks posted...
Faust 8

You make some great points.Now I simply shoot down uavs as soon as I can , because the sky isn't as bad as MW3.As far as being blind sighted, I think it's more of the spawns flipping than the maps.Some maps are bad when it comes to so many routes.Some maps , not so much.

The problem is thanks to the terrible maps, shooting down UAVs without Ghost usually means you get shot before you fire the rocket or just after.

The maps are small enough that people can find your dot before you find the UAV, take out the launcher, lock on and fire, and switch back to your primary again. Even if you've just spawned that's no guarantee that enemies aren't nearby.
---
The supernatural says that if you act a certain way you might avoid suffering. But reality says you came from the stars...
#14ValeriumPosted 11/30/2012 11:03:59 AM
Shooting down UAVs instead of running ghost beats it anyday.

You can play the way you want, you get 75 points each time, and you're helping your team.
#15foodeater4Posted 11/30/2012 11:04:57 AM
I have 3 or 4 ghost classes of 7 possible. I dont use it all the time its no doubt useful. I find is I'm using a non ghost class and struggling, I'll switch to ghost and do fine.

Im more a run and gunner thuogh so the nerf doesnt bug me about staying still.

Sometimes its good to be on the map though cause people come to you and you can kill them.
#16Saikon4404Posted 11/30/2012 11:07:01 AM
Not only everything Faust just said, but even with Ghost, the moment you stop moving a certain distance to look up in the sky for that UAV, you then show up on the radar.

Even if I'm only on the radar for one blip, anybody who takes note of the radar now knows there's an enemy in that general direction. And with how small the maps are, they can run from one side to the other in just a few seconds.

With Ghost, I find myself ignoring UAVs cause the moment I stop, I'm dead or soon to be dead as someone is surely gunning for that red dot that showed up. Problem with that is, the moment I stop to reload, stop because of equipment, or stop to check a certain area I know someone is in and I don't want to run in blindly, I show up.

I don't even think Ghost works properly anyway. There have been countless times I'm close to an enemy, sprinting or running behind them, and as soon as a UAV goes up, they all turn around. It's as if UAVs show one blip of everybody regardless. Even if I am the only one of my team on that side, it still happens.
#17EyEs fr0m Ab0vEPosted 11/30/2012 11:12:28 AM
Plus the small maps mean faster kills = more UAV's.

Faust, you make some great points. UAV should be 500 points or something.
---
"them memory is xbox hard down the framerate"
#18yiangaruuugaPosted 11/30/2012 11:12:30 AM
The higher scorestreaks aren't hard to get lol. I've been playing domination a lot, and I've been able to get 2-3 Warthogs easily while capturing/defending the flags. This game actually rewards you for the objective, and not just camping/running around killing people and not going for the objective.
---
GT: xFrostxPhoenix
Now Playing: BF3, DC 2 Waiting for: MW3,Skyrim, ACR...Monster Hunter is the **** btw.
#19MCGTPPosted 11/30/2012 11:26:16 AM
Equipping Ghost > shooting down UAVs, hands down. I can't count how many times I've racked up easy kills because people choose to stare up at the sky and spin in circles rather than use Ghost.

Shooting down UAVs is not a viable solution. I must've shot down 1,000 UAVs before I unlocked Ghost, and 9/10 there was an enemy waiting around the corner with his ADS up, making the points I just earned useless. Now that I have Ghost, I can focus on what matters: kills.