It seems that in each CoD installment, the maps get worse and worse.

#1BeastlyIguanaPosted 11/30/2012 6:03:11 AM
MW1: Great maps, no real complaints.

WaW: Didn't play, going to make an educated guess and say they were big and fairly open, because of the vehicles.

MW2: Amazing maps, IMO the pinnacle of the series.

BO1: Great maps, a few clunkers, but I could play any of them and have a good time.

MW3: Bleh... Only really liked a few, the rest were meh.

BO2: These maps are awful compared to the other maps in the series. Too much junk everywhere, designed for camping, Always a way to be shot in the back. Only really like Standoff.
---
Most of my messages are posted from an iPod Touch, so expect some spelling errors.
#2typhone004Posted 11/30/2012 6:05:33 AM
I think these are very slightly better than mw3's. One of mw3's maps was just a maze of destroyed cars under a bridge.
#3BeastlyIguana(Topic Creator)Posted 11/30/2012 6:06:35 AM
typhone004 posted...
I think these are very slightly better than mw3's. One of mw3's maps was just a maze of destroyed cars under a bridge.

Ah, yes, Interchange. At least it had long sightlines...
---
Most of my messages are posted from an iPod Touch, so expect some spelling errors.
#4Aether_LyricPosted 11/30/2012 6:16:49 AM
imo CoD4 > BO1 > WaW > MW3 > MW2 > BO2

This is the first CoD where I genuinely dislike a majority of the maps. I don't understand what happened, Treyarch's map design in previous games was incredible.
#5DawgwoodPosted 11/30/2012 6:17:33 AM
BeastlyIguana posted...

WaW: Didn't play, going to make an educated guess and say they were big and fairly open, because of the vehicles.

BO1: Great maps, a few clunkers, but I could play any of them and have a good time.

BO2: These maps are awful compared to the other maps in the series. Too much junk everywhere, designed for camping, Always a way to be shot in the back. Only really like Standoff.

MW1: Agree
WaW: Best set of maps for any game in the series, imo
MW2: Disagree, outside of a few of them I thought they were pretty awful
BO1: Agree
MW3: Worst maps of the series
BO2: Not awful, but not good either. Certainly better than MW3 at least.

That's my take anyhow.
---
http://oi55.tinypic.com/2i7vhas.jpg
#6BeastlyIguana(Topic Creator)Posted 11/30/2012 6:21:26 AM
Dawgwood posted...
BeastlyIguana posted...

MW1: Agree
WaW: Best set of maps for any game in the series, imo
MW2: Disagree, outside of a few of them I thought they were pretty awful
BO1: Agree
MW3: Worst maps of the series
BO2: Not awful, but not good either. Certainly better than MW3 at least.

That's my take anyhow.

Yeah, this is obviously my opnion. I know a lot of peole that say they dislike MW3 maps more than BO2.
---