I wonder if Vahn realizes...

#21cbc72Posted 11/30/2012 9:30:35 AM
lil_bandit18 posted...
Did no one book that he said variety of raisins?

I stopped reading at raisins.

Reminded me I had to get a snack.
---
Beast Mode!
http://tinyurl.com/c8noad6
#22cbc72Posted 11/30/2012 9:33:05 AM
You would think this is the first shooter ever to do this.

I was shocked when I learned they didn't do this.

Isn't this the way Halo has been, forever?
---
Beast Mode!
http://tinyurl.com/c8noad6
#23Afghan_Whig777Posted 11/30/2012 9:35:21 AM
darkshadowmaster posted...
Afghan_Whig777 posted...
Link43130 posted...
KabtheMentat posted...
Sure. But along with getting lobbies of easy targets, you're just as often likely to get lobbies populated with super MLG pro wannabes.

Playing against both classes of player is far more fun and exciting than playing with people of the same skill. I mean ****, if I always wanted to play like that I'd just load up bot matches and do that constantly.

SBMM has been in every CoD game on the 360, but please, continue to complain about it.

If you're going to post when you don't know what you're talking about, then do everyone a favor and just lurk on the boards. You're spreading incorrect information

Past COD's matched you with time played, not KDR and W/L ratio's

Did it even do that? I still remember getting put in matches with all the christmas noobs.

It may be a little different around those seasons, since there's such a huge influx of new players

But yes, a level 55 non prestige had less of a chance playing 9th prestige players than other prestiged players
---
GT: Arcade Fire87
#24muffinmasherPosted 11/30/2012 9:36:47 AM
darkshadowmaster posted...

Did it even do that? I still remember getting put in matches with all the christmas noobs.

I remember this as well. It couldn't have been time played.
---
Black 2 FC: 3654 8353 8201
"Barkley: Shut up and jam! Gaiden" Is the best RPG of all time.
#25BrooklynsOwnPosted 11/30/2012 9:38:05 AM
Seminolehitman posted...
Afghan_Whig777 posted...
Honestly, people need to stop crying about it

I want the spawns and lag compensation fixed first before I hear people on Gamefaqs and youtube crying about the skill matchmaking.

There's still plenty of 100+ games on youtube, even if those players need groundwar to do so : /

Seriously, I lose over half my fights aiming down a corner/door a guy is about to come around, that was never an issue in other COD's

100% agree, I am about to go back to black ops because of the lag. If you can't even play on a steady connection and have on of the best providers on the planet what is the point of playing MP?

Agree with both.. I have 20-35 ping.. 45 dl.. 7 ul.. and that's after throughput loss with a router.. I was only havinh problems during high ping times of the day.. (I would get 3 bars).. but the last 2 days, even on 4 bars I'm noticing the issues I had on 3 bar games.. no COD was ever like this.. you wouldn't experience that type of issue until you had 2 bars maybe.. I'm constantly shooting through people.. people are ahead of where they were on my screen when I seen their screen on kill cam.. ( its shows me shooting behind them, when on my screen I was shooting right at them).. it was so bad yesterday I thought I was having high ping issues.. kept of testing my speed from my phone app while playing... nope had around 30 ping every test..
---
Trick to show you how much the Brain is programmed.. Draw the number six.. while rotating your right leg clockwise.. Your brain will not let it happen..
#26typhone004Posted 11/30/2012 9:38:15 AM
I saw that he said raisins, then stopped reading the post to check if anyone pointed it out yet. Looks like I'm too late for my witty response.
#27MMA427Posted 11/30/2012 9:38:35 AM
I don't understand the problem or the logic behind complaining about fairness.

Is the problem that people are not matched up with easy wins?

Is the problem that if you win you rank up and if you lose you rank down?

Is the problem that peoples self inflated image of themselves as a CoD master race are getting shattered by equally skilled opponents?

I enjoy the worldwide tournament ladder in league and standard game modes.

Sink or swim and i'm starting to get the impression that most of the CoD community could benefit from the use of floaties, or need a more shallow pool to swim in, like a kiddie pool.
#28chicken8orPosted 11/30/2012 9:52:32 AM
The problem is that now that we have SBMM the games are found based on the KDR/SPM of the players (I guess this is what it uses) instead of taking into account the connections first and foremost.

In a game like this the connection is the most important factor. We have dealt with OP guns and playstyles before (MW2 is a good example), but the connections were much better and we forgave them a little. Now that we have, arguably, the most balanced CoD game in the series we are dealing with terrible lag/lag comp/net code and it is making the game unbearable.

I can only imagine that the SBMM is contributing to the poor connections more than was initially thought. I'm fine playing player that are on the same level as I am. I like competition, but when I'm playing people that are the same skill level as me 7 states away and with a crappy connection it takes away from the game. I would rather get my butt kicked by people down the street and have a game that feels fair because of a constant connection. Then I feel like they beat me with skill, not luck of the connection.
---
GT: Chicken8or -Epic Halo 4 moment below!!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HW2_eKmm7o8
#29chickenlardPosted 11/30/2012 9:54:17 AM
KabtheMentat posted...
That no one that's playing BO2 right now likes the skill base matchmaking and it's a pretty stupid idea for public matches...for a variety of raisins. I thought about tweeting him about it, but decided not to mainly because I don't actually have an account, it wouldn't get responded to, and if it did it would be some variation of "BO2/Treyarch is infallible, it must be on your end."

Yum raisins.
#30Link43130Posted 11/30/2012 9:56:18 AM
chicken8or posted...
The problem is that now that we have SBMM the games are found based on the KDR/SPM of the players (I guess this is what it uses) instead of taking into account the connections first and foremost.

It isn't. As long as you are outside of league play SBMM is only used to determine a match when pings are within the same range. Connection comes first, always (even in League Play, where Skill is a higher priority).

Afghan_Whig777 posted...
But yes, a level 55 non prestige had less of a chance playing 9th prestige players than other prestiged players

Nah, it uses invisible skill, not rank, but whatevs you can believe what you want.
---
Steam/XBL/PSN: Link43130