I wonder if Vahn realizes...

#31Net SharkPosted 11/30/2012 8:56:54 AM
Quote:lil_bandit18 posted...
Did no one book that he said variety of raisins?

I stopped reading at raisins.

Reminded me I had to get a snack.

@cbc72
Raisins are OP in this game. :D
---
Oh look brain confetti ! Jokers in Gotham City Impostors
#32chicken8orPosted 11/30/2012 8:57:45 AM
Link43130 posted...
chicken8or posted...
The problem is that now that we have SBMM the games are found based on the KDR/SPM of the players (I guess this is what it uses) instead of taking into account the connections first and foremost.

It isn't. As long as you are outside of league play SBMM is only used to determine a match when pings are within the same range. Connection comes first, always (even in League Play, where Skill is a higher priority).

Afghan_Whig777 posted...
But yes, a level 55 non prestige had less of a chance playing 9th prestige players than other prestiged players

Nah, it uses invisible skill, not rank, but whatevs you can believe what you want.

Well, then what is their excuse for the horrible lag?

P.S. I didn't know that. Thank you!
---
GT: Chicken8or -Epic Halo 4 moment below!!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HW2_eKmm7o8
#33MG42_CHEFPosted 11/30/2012 9:01:27 AM
Afghan_Whig777 posted...
Honestly, people need to stop crying about it

I want the spawns and lag compensation fixed first before I hear people on Gamefaqs and youtube crying about the skill matchmaking.

There's still plenty of 100+ games on youtube, even if those players need groundwar to do so : /

Seriously, I lose over half my fights aiming down a corner/door a guy is about to come around, that was never an issue in other COD's

Well the sbmm is what is causing the lag in large part. I can count the number of split screeners I've seen on one hand. The matchmaking while it may prioritize connection first, the skill part seems to be the largest factor from my experience.

As for lag comp, why not we just go back to MW2s system and everything will be wonderful because I will take a MW2 2 bar any day over a BO2 4 bar.
---
"I loved throwing cans of flatulance at people sitting in corners. Even the hitmarker noise sounded like a fart. I will also miss those days." -aj4x94
#34MMA427Posted 11/30/2012 9:38:01 AM
When i step back and look in from a distance i can see that all this complaining and hate tweeting that people do about SBMM, Lag Comp, etc. is all about not getting a couple kills/points in a video game.

Sometimes i think that these people who complain believe in one way or another that if they did get matched up with different competition and/or had better lag comp and were getting all the kills, they would somehow be a recognized CoD player such as the YT personalities.

So you caught a lag spike and some guy got the drop on you when you should have clearly had the drop on him, it happens, but why so angry about it people?
#35darkshadowmasterPosted 11/30/2012 9:41:30 AM(edited)
So you caught a lag spike and some guy got the drop on you when you should have clearly had the drop on him, it happens, but why so angry about it people?

Lag comp is not a "lag spike"
---
When I read about the evils of drinking, I gave up reading.
#36SeminolehitmanPosted 11/30/2012 9:41:54 AM
MMA427 posted...
When i step back and look in from a distance i can see that all this complaining and hate tweeting that people do about SBMM, Lag Comp, etc. is all about not getting a couple kills/points in a video game.

Sometimes i think that these people who complain believe in one way or another that if they did get matched up with different competition and/or had better lag comp and were getting all the kills, they would somehow be a recognized CoD player such as the YT personalities.

Yes it happens, but when it happens EVERY F****** game and I never have a problem in any other game or never had a problem with any other CoD it makes one think does it not? If you think not please stop talking!
---
Some people say a cucumber taste better pickled
#37fatclemenzaPosted 11/30/2012 9:42:16 AM
They want to make matches more competitive, but the lag makes every gunfight a crapshoot. loltreyarch

Maybe the Youtube community can actually pull some strings and do something useful this time around
---
He's a well respected man about town,
Doing the best things so conservatively
#38rwebernickPosted 11/30/2012 9:49:20 AM
Link43130 posted...
KabtheMentat posted...
Sure. But along with getting lobbies of easy targets, you're just as often likely to get lobbies populated with super MLG pro wannabes.

Playing against both classes of player is far more fun and exciting than playing with people of the same skill. I mean ****, if I always wanted to play like that I'd just load up bot matches and do that constantly.

SBMM has been in every CoD game on the 360, but please, continue to complain about it.

I just can't believe that. I'm consistently matched against a different caliber of player in BO 2 than I ever was in BO 1 or MW3.

Previously, it was not uncommon at all for half of the lobby to have a KD under 1. Most lobbies I'm in for BO 2 there is maybe 1 player under 1 KD, and most with 1.5+.
#39KabtheMentat(Topic Creator)Posted 11/30/2012 9:50:37 AM

Lag comp is not a "lag spike"

Well, in a way it is.

Just a permanent lag spike.

And to the other guy...you're getting the wrong idea. I've already stated I'm an extremely average CoD player. I've made my hatred for CoD Youtube commentators known many times in various threads in this board. I have no illusion to the type of player I am. What I'm more concerned about is having fun and having the $60 I spent be worth it. And so far I have to say it's not. BO2 isn't fun to play. Which is a goddamn shame because IMO, if a lot of the bull **** was fixed and tuned some it could easily be the best CoD made.

It has all of the fundamentals there to be a great game, but is being held back by stupid design choices on Treyarch's part. The worst is that they made them to appease a very, very tiny vocal minority of CoD players.
---
Big Money. Big Women. Big Fun.
http://thesocialrev.com/forum/index.php
#40fatclemenzaPosted 11/30/2012 9:51:00 AM
I just can't believe that.

He's full of **** so don't believe it
---
He's a well respected man about town,
Doing the best things so conservatively