Time to put the game up for a bit.

#1chicken8orPosted 11/30/2012 8:49:59 AM
The lag issues are just pissing me off now. I'm not having fun and find myself raging almost every single game due to poor connection/net code/lag comp/whatever the real problem is.

I reset my stats after hitting the first prestige and had a 2:1 KDR. I was having problems, but not on a game to game basis like I am now. I just didn't want to have the double xp abuse showing in my stats.

I am almost to prestige again and I'm struggling to hold down a 1.3:1 KDR. I am a pretty good player who played CoD4 competitively for 2 years. I know I didn't turn to $#!7 overnight and I know when I've been out played or out gunned. That has not been the case lately.

I'm taking a break after I prestige and letting them (hopefully) work this mess out. Too bad, this is the best designed CoD game since W@W, but the connection being so shotty makes it unplayable and absolutely no fun.

/blogFAQs
---
GT: Chicken8or -Epic Halo 4 moment below!!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HW2_eKmm7o8
#2roperpokerPosted 11/30/2012 8:50:59 AM
It's cool, we still have Halo 4 - rejoice bro.
---
The only time MacMillan was wrong was when he thought he had made a mistake. - ( ')
ARTE ET LABORE
#3darkshadowmasterPosted 11/30/2012 8:53:00 AM
I was actually starting to have a good time this week up until last night. Last night was just abysmal for some reason, we couldn't get one good match that didn't require getting the complete drop on someone to even have a chance to kill them.
---
When I read about the evils of drinking, I gave up reading.
#4DougyBPosted 11/30/2012 8:54:47 AM
Man, why does everybody get their underpants in a twist over their KD ratio. Is bragging rights so important? I just don't get it.

I don't even know what mine is. Sometimes I go 34-6 and sometimes I go 2-16. It doesn't really matter because I still seem to have fun.
---
b
#5darkshadowmasterPosted 11/30/2012 8:56:31 AM
DougyB posted...
Man, why does everybody get their underpants in a twist over their KD ratio. Is bragging rights so important? I just don't get it.

I don't even know what mine is. Sometimes I go 34-6 and sometimes I go 2-16. It doesn't really matter because I still seem to have fun.

I don't care about my ratio, but there is nothing fun about being killed repeatedly by no fault of your own but simply because the games connection issues.
---
When I read about the evils of drinking, I gave up reading.
#6RumJungleJuicePosted 11/30/2012 8:57:25 AM

Same here. I play to (gasp) have fun, and while it can be frustrating, I never drop out of a game or anything to preserve my precious KDR. I don't get it.

On topic, I haven't noticed any lag that aggravates me to the point where I need to quit for a little while.
---
"Xbox Live, you will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villiany" -Gabbelgak
#7chicken8or(Topic Creator)Posted 11/30/2012 9:01:13 AM
DougyB posted...

I am the first to say KDR doesn't matter, but on these forums you have to post your KDR so that people will take you a little more serious and not just post "get better" for the first 4 pages. If it's anything less than a 1.5:1 then you aren't worthy of their time.

It's all about fun, which I'm not having because of the lag. I can go 5-20 with a screw around class and have a blast or be a tryhard and go 60-3 and have a good time. With this lag it doesn't matter because I can't trust what I see and what I react to...which is the whole point of CoD games, twitch reflexes.

Twitch reflexes mean nothing when the opponent wasn't even in the same room as they are on your screen or when you get 10 hit markets on a damn near stationary target only to have them 180 quick scope you for a one shot kill.
---
GT: Chicken8or -Epic Halo 4 moment below!!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HW2_eKmm7o8
#8forgotten0285Posted 11/30/2012 9:02:03 AM
DougyB posted...

The only reason I care is friendly competition between me and my group of friends. i have absolutely nothing invested in being the best in the world or anything idiotic like that.

still, it is definitely annoying that with the connection i have, i am constantly struggling. i have to fight tooth and nail to not go negative, and when i do, half the time i just break even so nothing even changes stat-wise.

meanwhile, i can pop in BO and dominate or MW3 and drop MOABs on people as easy as taking a piss.

broken game is broken, but oh well. there are other things in life (including zombies!)
---
not changing my sig until Shenmue 3 is officially announced.
#9DougyBPosted 11/30/2012 9:03:00 AM
darkshadowmaster posted...
DougyB posted...

I don't care about my ratio, but there is nothing fun about being killed repeatedly by no fault of your own but simply because the games connection issues.

But how do you even know it is the connection? Like I said, some games I do really good and some games I do really bad. I'm not really noticing any kind of connection problem. Not to sound like an ass or anything, but could it be that sometimes your ego just can't take the fact that you didn't do so hot?

It seems like a lot of people hear about these issues and psych themselves out thinking that it's the cause for their problems. I'd be curious to see if they released patch notes claiming (falsely) that they fixed it and if suddenly some people started doing better.

That's not to say that there aren't connection issues. I don't really know anything about that. But realistically and statistically not everybody can be super good at this game, yet from the majority of the posts here it seems everybody thinks they are normally hot s*** if not for the "lag problems."
---
b
#10ShinZeroPosted 11/30/2012 9:04:57 AM
roperpoker posted...
It's cool, we still have Halo 4 - rejoice bro.

Halo 4 CTF is awesome. "rejoice bro" indeed, haha
---
You think you know me.