unclekoolaid73 posted...
i listen to Christian rock as well...best music God ever created

Huh? Trolls listen to that?

*Puts Christian Rock in the bin*
---
This site gives 1.1 cups of food for each click a day. Please click it
http://www.thehungersite.com
#392LealgamerPosted 12/2/2012 6:45:27 PM
I once was an agnostic. My KD was down the drains, sitting at an embarrassing 0.20. Then one day a priest was on my team and preached to me, and told me the nearest Church of Christ was at. I have attended and have since rocked a 3.0 kd and it keeps improving.

I believe!
---
This spot for rent.
#393Wandering__HeroPosted 12/2/2012 7:00:16 PM
Hes a medic, he must have Ubercharged you
---
This site gives 1.1 cups of food for each click a day. Please click it
http://www.thehungersite.com
#394killswitch3730Posted 12/2/2012 7:15:57 PM
Wandering__Hero posted...
unclekoolaid73 posted...
i listen to Christian rock as well...best music God ever created

Huh? Trolls listen to that?

*Puts Christian Rock in the bin*

Um no God didnt create christian rock, man did
---
Drive it like you Stole it!!!
#395axes2t2Posted 12/2/2012 8:11:19 PM
Wandering__Hero posted...
Hes a medic, he must have Ubercharged you

Team Fortress 2 ftw.
---
If a pizza has a radius 'Z' and depth 'A' then its Volume = Pi * Z * Z * A
#396Macdaddyruss1Posted 12/2/2012 8:45:32 PM
Ghidoran posted...
lderivedx posted...
Like I said, it argues for belief in a deity, not the Christian one.

What? No it doesn't. That would only be true if you worshiped a deity that only required belief to allow an individual into heaven. In many of the major religions today, as far as I know, people aren't going to get into heaven just for believing, they'd have to actively worship, via prayer, going to churches or temples etc.

Given that the chances of your religion being the correct one is about 0, are you really going to waste your life praying to it and following its customs? On the other hand, being an atheist, you could just live your life free of religion and not waste any time or money or resources, and at the end of the day your chances in the afterlife are about the same as everyone else's.

Not to mention, the whole idea of Pascal's wager really falls apart when you look at it in more depth. The simple fact of the matter is that the chances of any one religion being the correct one is infinitely small. There are hundreds of thousands of beliefs that have existed in the world, and choosing one of them, in the hopes that it's the right one, seems downright silly in that context. In fact, I could probably make up a religion right now, and it's chances of being correct are the same as any other. Thus you end up with an infinite amount of religions, and so by the laws of mathematics a believer's chances of getting into heaven are zero. Thus Pascal's wager falls apart.

Anyway, I'll end this with a great quote (probably not from Marcus Aurelius):

http://media.moddb.com/images/groups/1/6/5319/425103_431877366864982_1799162787_n.jpg

LoveSheep posted...
I have a little problem with the theory of evolution as taught in school.

A tiger and lion breed offspring is a sterile liger
Horse and donkey breed you get a sterile mule.

Every time a species produces a offspring of a species different from itself it seems to be sterile.

So how did a neanderthal produce a fertile non-neanderthal offspring?

Ok, clearly whatever school taught you evolution didn't do a good job of it.

For starters, neanderthals weren't our ancestors, but whatever.

Neanderthals didn't produce non-neanderthal offspring. You're looking at individuals and missing the bigger picture. Over time, there was a change in the allele frequencies of the neanderthal species as a whole, and so eventually the genetic makeup of the species changed so much that they could be considered a separate species.

Of course, identifying what is a species and what's not is very difficult and subject to change, but that doesn't really matter in an evolutionary context.

That doesnt account for the worldwide cultures whos history say SKY BEINGS came down. What about the worldwide grid of Pyramids.
---
Currentlyt playing COD 2013
#397JVel91Posted 12/2/2012 8:59:15 PM
Heavenly bump.
---
EMS
#398maturin1919Posted 12/2/2012 9:43:22 PM
garcia_jx posted...
maturin1919 posted...
I'm curious to hear what evidence supporting the existence of a deity others have that I do not.

The simple fact is that there is no conclusive evidence that supports the existence of a god. Our entire model of the universe works just fine without the need for a creator.

Some things just can't be explained bro and for that reason, I believe in God.

Some things can't be explained right NOW, that doesn't mean it will always be that way.

I despise the god of the gaps.
---
'It's called a compound fracture, rapist. It'll never heal. Not right it won't. Not nearly right. You'll remember me every time the air goes wet and cold.'
#399Tipsy25Posted 12/2/2012 10:04:17 PM
It's true, I met "Belive Him" on Mercenary and pretty much stomped my team (Dom on Drone). The guy's emblem even had a cross on a hill, with a crown on top of the cross. Didn't bother check its gamer profile, because I already know what it is going to say.
#400maturin1919Posted 12/2/2012 10:05:14 PM
Tipsy25 posted...
It's true, I met "Belive Him" on Mercenary and pretty much stomped my team (Dom on Drone). The guy's emblem even had a cross on a hill, with a crown on top of the cross. Didn't bother check its gamer profile, because I already know what it is going to say.

'I kill for God'?
---
'It's called a compound fracture, rapist. It'll never heal. Not right it won't. Not nearly right. You'll remember me every time the air goes wet and cold.'