Latest hotfix = SBMM gone and no more host comp?

#1duericPosted 11/30/2012 6:23:30 PM(edited)
So last night I had the best, most fun, most consistent session I've had on this game yet.

Two things that caught my attention was how my host felt good again, and how well I was doing whether on host or not.

So today I heard of a hotfix, apparently a major one because the version number changed dramatically. Rumor is it took out SBMM in core and took away host lag comp.

My good session came about 3 hours after I posted a topic where I only lasted 19 minutes in another session before raging. So it kind of makes sense that something changed.

Anybody hear anything or can confirm this?
---
"It's like people using the internet have never heard of the internet." - SadHillShowdown Gamefaqs member
#2MoegittoPosted 11/30/2012 6:23:17 PM
Not true at all, Lag Comp is part of the system and SBMM is to get people "ready" for league play.
---
Everyone on GameFaqs pretty much is a troll. This site honestly has the WORST user base I have ever seen. -Tuggboat1121
#3GameMaster14GMPosted 11/30/2012 6:23:31 PM
omg yes i just went 33-1 on plaza. i feel like its almost gone!
#4JVel91Posted 11/30/2012 6:24:28 PM
I just dropped a MOAB.
---
EMS
#5dueric(Topic Creator)Posted 11/30/2012 6:26:49 PM(edited)
Trolls will be instantly ignored as well as people arguing with trolls.

I'd like to keep this on topic.
---
"It's like people using the internet have never heard of the internet." - SadHillShowdown Gamefaqs member
#6RegnagleppodPosted 11/30/2012 6:26:37 PM
Not true, I still get ppl with similar prestige and KD,
just a while ago i ran into a full party of 6th, 7th prestige.
---
GT: RegnaHasegawa
#7Who_ate_the_piePosted 11/30/2012 6:27:06 PM
I really hope this is true, and you didn't just have a stroke of luck. Has there been any confirmation that this is the case on any websites?
---
I don't care.
#8LeGeNdArYbRoLiPosted 11/30/2012 6:29:37 PM(edited)
dueric posted...
Trolls will be instantly ignored as well as people arguing with trolls.

I'd like to keep this on topic.

That's ironic because you were the biggest troll there was on the MW3 board. Or maybe most unsuccessful troll. All that I saw from you was negativity like a baby wanting attention. Still seeking attention, apparently.
#9Gunther482Posted 11/30/2012 6:28:27 PM
Hmm. I'm away from my Xbox this weekend so I can't test it out but I do hope SBMM has been toned down somewhat.
#10Joshie_xPosted 11/30/2012 6:29:37 PM(edited)
Honestly, I had noticed this last night as well. I was playing against all kinds of people, including ones with KDRs <1 (mine is about 1.7), and I had minimal (if any at all) lag. I was practically untouchable and had multiple 40+ kill games.

Then I played today, and it was back to before... getting completely crushed in every single gunfight.