Who thinks these maps are incredibly TOO SMALL?

#1bhall8853Posted 12/1/2012 1:11:28 AM
Gameplay is way better than MW3, but for me that's almost negated by these extremely small maps. Of course there are a handful of good-sized ones, but it seems like the majority are super small...like, smaller than Dome, small. Theres almost no strategy involved with most of them, just run and gun for the most part, and Im looking for a deeper experience than that. A couple small maps is fine...but this over the top. If they would have combined these gameplay elements with the map size and map quality of MW3, it would be perfect. Maybe the map packs will be better. Does anyone agree or am I just crazy?
#2scrilla_oPosted 12/1/2012 1:14:49 AM
Agreed, these maps arent just small there pretty bad to compared to the 1st BO
---
I dont need a life, im a gamer I have many lives ;)
#3malloman87Posted 12/1/2012 1:23:30 AM
carrier is the worst cod map ever! hyjacked w/ its spawn set up is not much better.

nuketown is small and that's the all time favorite?
#4BrooklynsOwnPosted 12/1/2012 1:25:56 AM
Yea.. people need to to DV on twitter.. to include some big maps in the map packs.. even have a map pack with big maps only.. and atleast release 2 huge.. (Cod 3, WAW ) style maps.. it was kinda fun running around the huge maps in those games.. I mean I know they are trying to go smaller each game.. I guess to prove something to BF.. and its fun with all the mayhem.. but I need some variety.. acouple bigger maps.. and throw in a huge map or 2..
---
Trick to show you how much the Brain is programmed.. Draw the number six.. while rotating your right leg clockwise.. Your brain will not let it happen..
#5Superman070776Posted 12/1/2012 1:27:48 AM
No. Maps are fast and fun. Spawns would be fine if people played correctly. Idiots break the spawns by running around the maps and not trying to just hold an area. If you have a team spread out everywhere, one of you is going to have enemies spawning near you. It isn't the spawns that are broken, it is the players ability that is missing. I guess they could just put in set spawns like Halo...but then everyone would be crying about spawn campers. Someone will always complain...I hope they just leave it alone and make people adapt or go play something else.
---
Game Devs...you will never please all of these complainers...so just ignore them and keep giving the rest of us the games we like.
#6duericPosted 12/1/2012 1:29:49 AM
Small? Nah.

Overly complex? Absolutely.

They play small and feel small because you never feel truly comfortable moving. There's just way too many angles to get got from.

Add in all the s*** the enemy has at their disposal, and you feel like every game is on Shipment.*

*TDM not included.
---
"It's like people using the internet have never heard of the internet." - SadHillShowdown Gamefaqs member
#7Superman070776Posted 12/1/2012 1:31:17 AM
Huge maps? So we can run forever to get to a fight and get killed and run forever to get to a fight kill a few people and get killed and run forever to a fight, kill a few people and get killed run forever to a fight and die from a random ax throw.....and so on....no thanks.
---
Game Devs...you will never please all of these complainers...so just ignore them and keep giving the rest of us the games we like.
#8malloman87Posted 12/1/2012 1:31:55 AM
it's hard not to have your team spread out on the smaller maps like nuketown and hyjacked unless you camp. i mean you can get from one side to the other in like 10sec flat.
#9bhall8853(Topic Creator)Posted 12/1/2012 1:34:21 AM
malloman87 posted...
carrier is the worst cod map ever! hyjacked w/ its spawn set up is not much better.

nuketown is small and that's the all time favorite?

I love Nuketown too...in moderation. Like I said, a few small maps are perfectly fine. But with this setup, it's like 70% of ur matches are just run and gun blazing shootouts. I like a bit more strategy involved in my gaming.

And it's ironic that Carrier is one of the few maps on BO2 that I actually like lol
#10BrooklynsOwnPosted 12/1/2012 1:42:18 AM
Superman070776 posted...
Huge maps? So we can run forever to get to a fight and get killed and run forever to get to a fight kill a few people and get killed and run forever to a fight, kill a few people and get killed run forever to a fight and die from a random ax throw.....and so on....no thanks.

It worked fine in Mw2.. Mw1.. Cod3.. WaW...
Those games where fun.. and had big maps.. some huge maps.. see I'm not talking space dor airplanes and boats "Battlefield" huge... I'm talking the sniper map from mw2 huge.. or the one in WaW with the church in the middle.. Something like Strike in MW.. just to give the gameplay variety.. change things up a bit.. in Blops2 the biggest map is Yemen.. and when you actually walk around it.. it about the size of Favela.. which was one of the smaller maps in Mw2..
---
Trick to show you how much the Brain is programmed.. Draw the number six.. while rotating your right leg clockwise.. Your brain will not let it happen..