Halo sucks because of CoD (for most people)

#1AStrawhatPiratePosted 12/1/2012 2:05:45 PM
/opinion

The truth is Cod has made it hard for Halo to get rollin again. Not just because of CoD massive popularity, but because Halo is now a much more "skill" based game than CoD. Any person who has played CoD can sum it up in a few ways. But basically, you run around until you see someone then whoever shoots first (or has the better connection) wins OR you find a spot to hide and shoot anyone that moves, only slightly changing your hiding spot every now and then. Halo was once a simple game, but since CoD is much simpler, Halo now seems like to much of a chore to actually aim at someone's head, strafe to avoid shots fired, crouch to avoid radar, crouch jumping for shortcuts, taking cover to regen shields and actually go in for the kill in most situations instead of hiding until you camped out a kill streak. So yea, I want to say for most CoD fans and of course PS3 fanboys, Halo does suck.

/endopinion
---
LoL: Stank Dangerous
#2SwordToTheChestPosted 12/1/2012 2:07:30 PM
Does this topic even have a point?

Didn't think so.
#3thelightnessPosted 12/1/2012 2:07:44 PM
AStrawhatPirate posted...
actually go in for the kill in most situations instead of hiding until you camped out a kill streak

Wait, it's a problem that people now have to go in for the kill instead of camp? How is that a problem?
#4chessmyantidrugPosted 12/1/2012 2:08:11 PM
I feel Halo 4 is the best Halo to date because they changed quite a bit. It still feels like Halo, but the pace has picked up. As for whether or not Halo requires more skill, that is debatable. I personally don't think it does. If that was the case, my roommates wouldn't be so bad at Call of Duty.
#5AStrawhatPirate(Topic Creator)Posted 12/1/2012 2:13:16 PM
I never said it was a problem. Just giving my opinion.

Honestly just like to throw opinions out there to see the smart and ridiculous replies they get.

But this is how I feel. I love both games and after playing over hundreds of hours in both multiplayers, I am giving my opinion.

I honestly feel that the simplicity of Cod (versus Halo, not in general) is why Cod is subjectively more enjoyable.
---
#6gucciburrrPosted 12/1/2012 2:18:50 PM
Halo's numbers are on par with BO2 genius. What a dumbass thread...
#7AStrawhatPirate(Topic Creator)Posted 12/1/2012 2:35:41 PM
gucciburrr posted...

At no point did I mention in ANY way numbers of sales. That point is completely irrelevant to the point at hand. Not only can you not comprehend what the conversation is about, you come in to say a thread is dumb because of an opinion.

You are closed minded and need to take reading comprehension class, my friend.
---
#8duddddeeeeee16Posted 12/1/2012 2:39:42 PM
gucciburrr posted...

Damn, that was unnecessary. USe some reading comprehension, broham.

TC, I agree with you to an extent. But I think the vast customization of CoD was the biggest hit to Halo. Honestly, everything in society is moving more toward personalization and customization -- not just video games.

Halo made an attempt to change its system with Reach, but I think it was too little too late.

Still, I can't deny I love the Halo series. Without Halo 2 and Halo 3, I probably never would have gotten into XBL or anything. Groundbreaking games in my book regardless of how much they "suck" now.
---
I will destroy the wisdom of the wise.
XBL GT: WELL GUESS WHAT
#9schmittycent2Posted 12/1/2012 2:39:42 PM
In all reality both franchises suck.
---
Xbox GT schmittycent
#10ICantNameGudPosted 12/1/2012 2:41:10 PM
I don't like five minute moon gravtity shootouts.
---
Get it right, do it nice. If you make a mistake, you're gonna pay for it twice. If you need it... got to have it. Get yourself a shotgun and bring it back home