Camping is NOT dead in BO2!

#1Darth_LaniusPosted 12/2/2012 6:03:30 AM
Firstly, it is possible to do so EFFECTIVELY, even once the enemy is actively using a wave of UAV's. To counter this, and to effective camp an area, you need 3 things:

1. a FULL team of players you know well, that can work together tactically

2. all players to have a microphone to actively call out when they have been killed by the enemy, thus allowing a teammate to cover their zone until they return to the held area.

3. Several areas on opposite ends of the map that are enclosed/isolated with narrow choke points, allowing for a controlled target area. This allows for multiple teammates to hold these sections, should one of you be shot. Small buildings are ideal, especially with a window. However, be mindful of the occasional enemy that will still have a grenade in his inventory, and be ready to move once you hear impact.

Addendum: Be mindful of the horrific spawn system in BO2, and due to Treyarch promoting players who "rush", be mindful of the constant spawn swap, and be ready to relocate to a new area "as a team". Another useful tactic is through the traditional "buddy system". However, working as a team is farm more effective.

Lastly, those who can take these principles seriously, and need a team that can work together, my gamertag will be listed below. That being said however, if you are simply a troll, or wanting to immaturely make a rant against what I have said, that is why I have this wonderful "Block Comms Button"! You can spend all day attempting to get a rise out of me, and I can happily go about my day while you talk to yourself.

"FOR MANDALORE!!!"
-opens fire on enemies with a hail of bullets from the LSAT-

Gamertag: TX TERMINATOR
#2INewIRavePosted 12/2/2012 6:19:57 AM
too much effort = no point.
#3MahoganyTooth92Posted 12/2/2012 6:20:14 AM
inb4complainers
---
The state of the pokemon board...
http://img406.imageshack.us/img406/5583/thestateofthepokemonboa.png
#4Darth_Lanius(Topic Creator)Posted 12/2/2012 6:29:25 AM
Last I checked, the objective is to win the game by playing the game. Thus, if you are not putting effort into the game, then what is the point in playing the game to begin with? More importantly, the point of playing a TEAM based game is to therefore play as a TEAM
#5zara_elite275Posted 12/2/2012 6:44:05 AM
Darth_Lanius posted...
Last I checked, the objective is to win the game by playing the game. Thus, if you are not putting effort into the game, then what is the point in playing the game to begin with? More importantly, the point of playing a TEAM based game is to therefore play as a TEAM

But this is Call of Duty...
---
Gamertag: SIunk | (siunk)
Explosivo!
#6superal1966Posted 12/2/2012 6:46:56 AM
zara_elite275 posted...
Darth_Lanius posted...

But this is Call of Duty...

It does sound like a lot of effort for a Call of Duty game.
#7doomedsunsoulPosted 12/2/2012 6:54:34 AM
I fought an entire clan of campers last night. Every single one holding down a second floor room in drone with tac inserts. Kept insulting the randoms on my team for getting killed trying to get in there over and over. They were having a blast before my baby tank scorestreak rolled in there and wiped they all out TWICE(thanks for tac inserting). Once they were out of that room the randoms on my team smashed them.
#8Darth_Lanius(Topic Creator)Posted 12/2/2012 8:06:16 AM
Firstly, call of duty or not, the point is to make an effort. Otherwise, you are simply wasting your life away on a pointless aspect. Doing something halfway is never acceptable.

Secondly, on the note of your story from the other night, that simply means the team did not think to carry EMP grenades, or the upgraded variant of the Stinger Missile, which can kill an AGR in a single shot, depending on your game mode.
#9TearzofNightPosted 12/2/2012 8:12:56 AM
if you're going to do that, ship me the game, i will actually put it to use.
---
Xbox Live Gamertag: Emilie Osment
GC: IGN: Tsuriya
#10beerhammer1Posted 12/2/2012 8:17:58 AM
I don't think you need to worry about camping ever being dead- as long as there are douche bags playing this game and dark corners, it's a safe bet there will be a "no skill" sitting in it. I encounter them in about every lobby I'm in.