What the **** is a tryhard? If someone kills you, that means you got outplayed.

#21ImTooSkilleddPosted 12/2/2012 11:59:05 PM
While I do agree that the term is usually just used by people who are mad they're getting destroyed, there is some validity to the insult IMO. I personally don't see how some people don't get bored of using the best weapons game in and game out. I know, doing well is fun, but if you're really good, you can do well with a variety of weapons. I will most likely get more enjoyment out of going 40-15 with a lower-tier weapon than I do going 40-5 with a gun like the M8A1 or MSMC.

Using the best weapons/set-ups every game against mediocre opponents (which happens quite often in CoD, even with SBMM) doesn't really make you a great player.

Obviously this argument goes out the window when playing GB or league play.
#22ManInBlack_77Posted 12/3/2012 12:03:08 AM
Draconilian posted...
FeelMyBlade posted...
When someone calls you a tryhard, it means they are mad.

*Brohoof*
Or, that you're using the cookie cutter best class setup

Yeah, what kind of idiot uses effective equipment? If those NASCAR drivers were real mean they'd drive factory stock Honda Civics!
---
Time magazine's Man of the Year in 2006! Really. Google it if you don't believe me.
#23Krazoa2Posted 12/3/2012 12:04:08 AM
...I dont understand how people can be this stupid. I just dont understand...
#24wartpigXPosted 12/3/2012 12:04:51 AM
lol people STILL think being good at COD requires any type of skill
---
PSN- WartPigX
Karma is just fun money
#25GraviosDestroyR(Topic Creator)Posted 12/3/2012 12:09:57 AM
Sacred_Asylum posted...
GraviosDestroyR posted...
Sacred_Asylum posted...
Spawn into a Swarm? Clearly I was outplayed.
Spawn into a Lightning Strike missile? Clearly I was outplayed.
Spawn into a grenade? Clearly I was outplayed.

The list goes on.

So if I throw a grenade or use a killstreak I'm a tryhard? That's pathetic.

*WHOOOOSH*
Edit: Someone beat me to it

He's being sarcastic saying that he WASN'T outplayed, and in the context of this topic I would assume he is defending the use of tryhard.

Obviously what I said in the title refers to bad kids unjustly complaining about being killed by tryhards, not that every single kill in the game requires you to outplay your opponent with significant skill.
---
GT: Men At Wok
http://www.facebook.com/constructs
#26ImTooSkilleddPosted 12/3/2012 12:11:31 AM
ManInBlack_77 posted...
Draconilian posted...
FeelMyBlade posted...
When someone calls you a tryhard, it means they are mad.

*Brohoof*
Or, that you're using the cookie cutter best class setup

Yeah, what kind of idiot uses effective equipment? If those NASCAR drivers were real mean they'd drive factory stock Honda Civics!

What a horrible, horrible analogy. What a failed attempt at logic.

NASCAR drivers are racing for money and that is how they make their living to support family and themselves. No **** they wouldn't intentionally put themselves at a disadvantage. Most people aren't playing CoD to make a living, though. I think most people could agree that there's no problem with using cookie cutter set-ups when it comes to playing GB or even league play. But using them every public match you get into? Just seems a little boring IMO. I guess I'm just a little jaded though after 6 years of playing Call of Duty. The whole "try your hardest to pubstomp every game" has lost its appeal to me.
#27ImTooSkilleddPosted 12/3/2012 12:15:15 AM
wartpigX posted...
lol people STILL think being good at COD requires any type of skill

Uhhh...so what separates players who go 5-25 every game from those who dominate consistently? And it's not just experience; there are people who have played twice as much as me but I'm still far better than them.

Does CoD take a lot of skill? Hell no. Does it take much skill compared to other games out there? Nope. But stop acting like there's literally no skill gap in CoD. There are kids out there who can't aim for **** and constantly lose gunfights. What separates the people who dominate from those kids? All connection? **** outta here.

It does bug me when people brag about being great at CoD, as if it takes a lot to become good at it. It's definitely an easy game with a small learning curve, but there still is SOME learning curve.
#28scrilla_oPosted 12/3/2012 12:23:25 AM
If you use an AR,SMG, or LMG you will more than likely be called a tryhard if you do good. Why? Because thats how the COD community is.
---
I dont need a life, im a gamer I have many lives ;)
#29Soul_On_DisplayPosted 12/3/2012 12:26:03 AM
Kids that are mad use the term "tryhard." They don't like it when they are beat with good weapons, to they expect players who are good to win by using the s****iest guns in the game. Then, if you beat them with bad guns, they'll just call you a "no-life" and that you're still a virgin who does nothing but play CoD.
---
Xbox Live: Eighth Element || PSN: Echo_Resonance
~People will always nitpick where they have bias.~
#30markywhoPosted 12/3/2012 12:59:28 AM
hey tc you ******* i dont know