Ghost nerfs weren't needed, camping nerfs were

#11Who_ate_the_piePosted 12/3/2012 3:36:55 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#12bagmupPosted 12/3/2012 3:40:31 AM(edited)
Kant_Remoob_Eht posted...
You know having anti perk attributes that go hand in hand with other perks would be some what interesting.... Could have ghost work block UAVs from picking you up moving or not, yet have it so you also die quicker while using it.

You're talking of the old days when Ghost/UAV jammer was in the same perk tier as Stopping Power and Juggernaut. Good times.
---
GT : YourOwnInsanity.
PSN : Bagmup
#13Kant_Remoob_EhtPosted 12/3/2012 3:43:30 AM
bagmup posted...
Kant_Remoob_Eht posted...
You know having anti perk attributes that go hand in hand with other perks would be some what interesting.... Could have ghost work block UAVs from picking you up moving or not, yet have it so you also die quicker while using it.

You're talking of the old days when Ghost/UAV jammer was in the same perk tier as Stopping Power and Juggernaut. Good times.

Sort of but having the perks have some type of negative benefit to go along with them.
---
GT: Boomer and Tank
Pretty darn confident..... I don't want to have to wait till the Microendony XBOXS 4ii comes out another 15 years later....
#14Eternal_WarlordPosted 12/3/2012 4:02:46 AM
http://idioms.thefreedictionary.com/Fool+me+once,+shame+on+you%3B+fool+me+twice,+shame+on+me
---
Got back from Oregon 07/05/2010. Wasn't gonna leave but then I saw this: http://img149.imageshack.us/img149/9075/sam1064.jpg
psn: EternalGST
#15DutchZombiePosted 12/3/2012 4:09:57 AM
The only thing that needs to be nerfed are the community's opinions on game design. BO2 is exactly the game they asked for and they still manage to cry and moan about it.
#16torey_caylorPosted 12/3/2012 4:13:40 AM
With this community yes Ghost nerf is needed. Just like we need Black hat nerf now. Nerds will abuse everything.
#17Halo_ForeverPosted 12/3/2012 4:36:05 AM
DutchZombie posted...
The only thing that needs to be nerfed are the community's opinions on game design. BO2 is exactly the game they asked for and they still manage to cry and moan about it.

Did anyone here really want this many headglitch spots?
---
Poet Eliot had it all wrong....
#18Jason_Hudson(Topic Creator)Posted 12/3/2012 4:47:46 AM(edited)
Tziggyx posted...
What about HQ and protecting objectives?

If I were designing it, most objective modes would have this sort of thing removed, at least in areas that are in close proximity to an objective.

It's mainly for TDM and Kill Confirmed that I'm thinking about this for (probably didn't clarify that enough). Even if it was a separate playlist for those of us fed up with people just sitting behind a barrel overwatching a doorway, I'd be happy with that.

Having a UAV up and the ghost nerfs are all well and good and you can see them on the map, but it doesn't help when they're holed up with no way of getting to them (spawns, obstacles like guardians/bouncing betties/other teammates holding me up).

And headglitch spots are fine so long as you can shoot through them - barrels are not fine.

I did attempt multiple points of entry, but as I said above, obstacles got in the way. It's even worse if you're using a shotgun.
---
"My name is Spartan Jay, the greatest MW3 player of all time. Because I am on your team, this team will win" ~ Spartan Jay
#19DutchZombiePosted 12/3/2012 4:50:58 AM
Halo_Forever posted...
DutchZombie posted...

Did anyone here really want this many headglitch spots?

Treyarch's way of balancing the maps against SMG's, I suppose. You think the small maps in BO2 aren't the result of everybody's obsession with playing Nuketown 24/7? Truth is that the older Perk COD's were better balanced because they didn't rely on the idiotic community's opinion as much.
#20Michael-kunPosted 12/3/2012 4:56:26 AM
The thing is, there is nothing wrong with camping,

Sometimes if there is a lot of traffic in one area, it is way smarter to sit behind cover and pick them off instead of running around like a headless chicken hipfiring. Wouldn't you want the advantage in gun fights instead of being out in the open?

If someone wants to sit in a dark. infrequently trafficked corner and get like 2 kills the whole game, let them.
---
http://i.imgur.com/FIMMi.gif