Ghost nerfs weren't needed, camping nerfs were

#31Zmapper33Posted 12/3/2012 8:02:50 AM
If you aren't camping then you're a pretty big noob. Look at any serious gaming tournament and people choose positions and guard them. People don't go running into fire and in random directions for the entirety of the match. It is called playing to win and the most effective strategy will be used to win. In an FPS the most effective strategy is to find a situational advantage and set up camp, in real war, find a situational advantage and set up base. It is the name of the game so just stop raging because you get owned by a smarter player than you.
#32Loyal RoyalPosted 12/3/2012 8:15:57 AM
Everybody running around like a lunatic with SMG laser rifle does not equal a good game. Just because you sprint around at 90mph jumping and dropshotting and laser hip firing, you are not a "pro." You can call your running around "tactical" all you want. It's not. At best it's a massively risky "strategy." At worst you're just a lucky gimp.

Go play Quake or Unreal Tournament if that's what you want, there's a reason those games went out of fashion...
---
Sent from my iPhone via PowerFAQs 1.9
#33NerpraptorPosted 12/3/2012 8:25:33 AM
I agree that the ghost nerf was a bad idea....

1. It does not even work as it is
2. It's made UAV the best kill streak
3. People still camp
4. Camping is a very needed tactic in some of the game modes and removing stealth from the game just dumbs it down..... If devs actually listened to this crap we'd end up with a game of two players in one room with the same gun just winning by pressing trigger the quickest

If you don't like tactical gameplay then stop playing rather than fek up a perfectly good game
---
What do you mean I aint Kind?
Im just not Your Kind!
#34GandalfTehGrayPosted 12/3/2012 8:28:03 AM
jazsper77 posted...
wow.. i didn't realize that when i purchased the game that i had to play like other people ?

did they pay more for the game then me ?

funny people complain about camping( you know using cover that was designed for that map) are the same people who just map run spawn to spawn and pick people off. campers get in the way of that.

the last two games all i hear about is people MOANING about campers. but its ok for people to QUICKSCOPE and/or have SHOTGUNS that have the same range as an AR.
neither exists in real combat, just the 12 year olds love both. Activision/Treyarch know mommy will buy the game for the underage child. so they leave unrealistic garbage in the game.

take out camping, then you best remove quickscoping and range on shotty's. lets see how they like it.

finally... so i should play like the guy(most mindless chickens too) just did on HARDHAT. run up the concrete tube and die,respawn run up the concrete tube and die. repeat process 10 times before you get a kill. great your a negative 9 and your teamates have to make up fot it.

NOT EVERYBODY CAN OR WANTS TO RUN AND GUN !!! WHAT IS HARD TO EXPLAIN ABOUT THAT.

Where are these AR range shotguns? I haven't seen them since pre patch 1887's. Quickscoping should be removed. The main people moaning about campers aren't talking about someone defending a flag. Its the guy who's team is getting killed in an objective game and he's laying in some obscure corner no where near his objective. And there is so many damn corners to check now that you are likely to get mowed down before you even have checked half of the places a guy could be camping.
---
"A wizard is never late, Frodo Baggins. Nor is he early. He arrives precisely when he means to." R.I.P Beleniel91
#35Admiral_XyesPosted 12/3/2012 8:28:11 AM
Jason_Hudson posted...
Regardless of whether people have ghost on or not, people will camp. The last lobby was particularly bad - mostly full of people headglitching behind barrels, or sitting in the dark corners of a room ADS at a doorway.

Whether it is in a single gamemode or a complete overhaul, there is one surefire way of fixing camping - using what they did with the ghost nerf and making it so they do 95% less damage when not moving enough. Could take it out of game modes like SnD.

Would be sorted, no one would camp (and if they did they'd learn soon enough) and we'd have a better game.

95% less damage? I try not to be so offensive but wow, that's really stupid.
#36Admiral_XyesPosted 12/3/2012 8:30:23 AM
jazsper77 posted...
wow.. i didn't realize that when i purchased the game that i had to play like other people ?

did they pay more for the game then me ?

funny people complain about camping( you know using cover that was designed for that map) are the same people who just map run spawn to spawn and pick people off. campers get in the way of that.

the last two games all i hear about is people MOANING about campers. but its ok for people to QUICKSCOPE and/or have SHOTGUNS that have the same range as an AR.
neither exists in real combat, just the 12 year olds love both. Activision/Treyarch know mommy will buy the game for the underage child. so they leave unrealistic garbage in the game.

take out camping, then you best remove quickscoping and range on shotty's. lets see how they like it.

finally... so i should play like the guy(most mindless chickens too) just did on HARDHAT. run up the concrete tube and die,respawn run up the concrete tube and die. repeat process 10 times before you get a kill. great your a negative 9 and your teamates have to make up fot it.

NOT EVERYBODY CAN OR WANTS TO RUN AND GUN !!! WHAT IS HARD TO EXPLAIN ABOUT THAT.

Except that shotguns in real life have much longer range than that of Black Ops?
#37Felix2448Posted 12/3/2012 8:34:37 AM
Maybe they should just nerd the radar or take it out or something, that way people don't just stare at it the entire game to chase around red dots
---
if you can see the enemy, the enemy can see you!!!!!
#38jazsper77Posted 12/3/2012 10:03:58 AM
Example.. shotguns in mw3. playing domination on mission and while defending A. people with strikers and spas w range are out distancing acr's and m14's really ?

people shooting down from the bridge or hill at A and are getting more kills the people w AR.

bottom line is there is something everybody doesn't like in a cod game.

as a previuos posted stated, do you people just want two people in a room to see who pulls the trigger faster ?
#39GandalfTehGrayPosted 12/3/2012 5:31:10 PM
jazsper77 posted...
Example.. shotguns in mw3. playing domination on mission and while defending A. people with strikers and spas w range are out distancing acr's and m14's really ?

people shooting down from the bridge or hill at A and are getting more kills the people w AR.

as a previuos posted stated, do you people just want two people in a room to see who pulls the trigger faster ?

Yea thats the range they should have. If they are really that far away and killing you when you have an Acr i just think you can't aim.
---
"A wizard is never late, Frodo Baggins. Nor is he early. He arrives precisely when he means to." R.I.P Beleniel91
#40RBEMPosted 12/3/2012 5:38:08 PM
GandalfTehGray posted...
jazsper77 posted...

Yea thats the range they should have. If they are really that far away and killing you when you have an Acr i just think you can't aim.

Truth accepted. And if you're using a shotgun there are loads of better places near B which give you even more of an advantage over ACR users. Might be accused of 'camping' but that's the game - if your team holds a position the other team has to take it.
---
GT: x Pearl o