Ghost nerfs weren't needed, camping nerfs were

#41foodeater4Posted 12/3/2012 4:41:54 PM
with engineer, crazy uav's and emp grenades or black hat, I find this to the be the easiest cod to kill campers. But of course there always will be campers.
#42Halo_ForeverPosted 12/3/2012 10:26:04 PM
Zmapper33 posted...
If you aren't camping then you're a pretty big noob. Look at any serious gaming tournament and people choose positions and guard them. People don't go running into fire and in random directions for the entirety of the match. It is called playing to win and the most effective strategy will be used to win.

Because if I wanted to headglitch a single barrel all match, I should be watching paint dry as it would be more entertaining. Notably both teams using your "most effective strategy" would lead to the match ending with zero score for both teams.

In an FPS the most effective strategy is to find a situational advantage and set up camp, in real war, find a situational advantage and set up base. It is the name of the game so just stop raging because you get owned by a smarter player than you.

You can try using this line of thought when soldiers can respawn in real war.
---
Poet Eliot had it all wrong....
#43MasterOGAPosted 12/4/2012 12:49:10 AM
Someone kill you once, and the replay shows they're camping? Throw a flashbang around the corner next time, free kill.
---
How many nerd points do you have?
#44MG42_CHEFPosted 12/4/2012 1:14:53 AM
Camping is not the problem. Idiots who run around corners and get lit up are.
---
"I loved throwing cans of flatulance at people sitting in corners. Even the hitmarker noise sounded like a fart. I will also miss those days." -aj4x94
#45OMEGA RUGALPosted 12/4/2012 1:15:03 AM
Lol ... imo ... the Ghost Nerf causes MORE camping.

I tried flanking in this game to only hear Enemy UAV is online .... ****!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

... then I get killed since it's me against the entire team and they know I am there.

Since then I have changed to far more defensive than I have ever been and .... wow ... it's working and working well.

Ghost is useless in this game ... trying to flank will only get you killed.

Stick to your team even if it's all randoms ... and control areas ... that's what has been working for me in this crazy game.

Nerfing Ghost has forced this style of play for me and I am sure I am not the only one.
---
PSN & Live: Loadedklip
MW3 > MW2 > BO1 > B02
#46FungumPosted 12/4/2012 11:16:00 AM
torey_caylor posted...
With this community yes Ghost nerf is needed. Just like we need Black hat nerf now. Nerds will abuse everything.

Nerfed...how? The only thing that someone could construe as needing to be patched, is how you can steal friendly care packages. Except, you can do that anyway, without Blackhat. Remove that, and what happens to that friendly CP that someone throws outside the map, yet is too stupid to run blackhat? Oh, right, just let it go to waste because a few people maliciously steal care packages. There is literally nothing to "nerf" about it. Your post was stupid.
#47slayerxelitePosted 12/4/2012 11:20:37 AM
Fungum posted...
torey_caylor posted...
With this community yes Ghost nerf is needed. Just like we need Black hat nerf now. Nerds will abuse everything.

Nerfed...how? The only thing that someone could construe as needing to be patched, is how you can steal friendly care packages. Except, you can do that anyway, without Blackhat. Remove that, and what happens to that friendly CP that someone throws outside the map, yet is too stupid to run blackhat? Oh, right, just let it go to waste because a few people maliciously steal care packages. There is literally nothing to "nerf" about it. Your post was stupid.

Really? The fact that I can steal a friendly carepackage using a Blackhat faster then the person who threw it down is absurd.
---
"You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious." - Obi-Wan Kenobi talking about GameFAQs
#48Kiyosuki_Mk2Posted 12/4/2012 11:27:27 AM(edited)
I haven't felt like camping's been that big a deal, unless they put a turret in just the right place and some of these stages man...they're so turret friendly. Like, whole areas can become completely inaccessible and the only way to deal with it is an EMP grenade or an air strike of some sort but hey at least those are there.

I mean, to be perfectly blunt though, I'd rather have camping than people running around with sub machine guns like headless chickens 24/7 at least one is some sort of tactical gameplay.
#49FungumPosted 12/4/2012 4:35:38 PM
slayerxelite posted...
Fungum posted...
torey_caylor posted...

Really? The fact that I can steal a friendly carepackage using a Blackhat faster then the person who threw it down is absurd.

Except you can't. You get your own package fast enough to grab it from someone halfway through blackhating it. The supposed "problem" is that people lay their CP down. Then go 10 yards away, and you can blackhat it before they think it's safe to go get it. It doesn't retrieve it faster than they are able to.