LOL @ Remmington Shot gun

#21dking83Posted 12/3/2012 12:09:09 PM
The only thing that is slightly OP about it is the time between shots. If they could make it closer to the Stakeout from BO1 it would be perfect.

At the moment it's not always punishing enough if you miss the first shot or somehow get a hitmarker at close range.
---
"To be or not to be?"
The first and only question on the entrance exam for the University of Beekeeping.
#22TheManlyManateePosted 12/3/2012 12:10:57 PM
Pre-Nerfed MW3 Striker, and duel 1887's were better. MW2 Spaz was better. BO1 Spaz was arguably better. Actually any MW2 shotgun was better.

And if you're going any online game, Halo has a series of cheaper weapons known as power weapons. Gears also has power weapons that could be described as cheaper.

It's a good shotgun and does what it's supposed to do. That doesn't mean its cheap. Every SMG is better and I'm pretty sure the Skorp can kill almost just as fast and has range.

Sustained DPS > Burst DPS
---
Now Playing: Mass Effect 3, Borderlands 2, Assassin's Creed III, CoD: BO2
#23KwizxxPosted 12/3/2012 12:17:04 PM
dking83 posted...
The only thing that is slightly OP about it is the time between shots. If they could make it closer to the Stakeout from BO1 it would be perfect.

At the moment it's not always punishing enough if you miss the first shot or somehow get a hitmarker at close range.

Have you ever used the stakeout with grip? It's practically the same thing as the remington.

I also lol'd @ "not being punished enough if you somehow get a hitmarker". Really? If you get a hitmarker with a pump action, regardless of how fast the pump is, you're most likely dead. I can't believe people are complaining about the only reliable weapon in what is arguably one of the weakest categories of weapons.
#24shadowsofdawnPosted 12/3/2012 12:37:18 PM
Strigol81 posted...
let me clarify, i'm not saying they're as good as 1887's, i'm saying that it's OP like they were, and in the way that everyone is using the remington in multiplayer, it reminds me of them

Remmington= Blops 2's 1887's

First of all, you see 7 smgs for every one shotgun. Secondly, you mainly only see the Remington, becuase the S12 is too weak, the KSG requires perfect aim and reaction time to use properly, and M1216 is a joke weapon.
---
\o/ Administering jolly ass-whoopings everyday.
.||
#25Chaotix410Posted 12/3/2012 12:44:22 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#26torey_caylorPosted 12/3/2012 12:52:58 PM(edited)
I don't mind shotguns owning at close range. Choppy netcode makes them cheap and OP though in this game. What happens usually is i react first and right when i start getting hitmarkers at like my third bullet, shotgun guy just stops and destroys me EZ mode. No effort. Toughness is making it even easier. I could make montages of cheap shotgun deaths (amongst others) already.
#27AlexanaxelaPosted 12/3/2012 2:55:49 PM
I don't mind shotguns owning at close range. Choppy netcode makes them cheap and OP though in this game. What happens usually is i react first and right when i start getting hitmarkers at like my third bullet, shotgun guy just stops and destroys me EZ mode. No effort. Toughness is making it even easier. I could make montages of cheap shotgun deaths (amongst others) already.

you realize shotguns can kill in one shot... right?
---
'In the end'? Nothing ends, Adrian. Nothing ever ends.
#28Strigol81Posted 12/3/2012 3:45:00 PM
had a bunch of guys in FFA the other night raging at me for using a "cheap F***** shotgun" ended up winning the round, between lag comp in my favor and the OP 870 shotgun I was dropping SMG users like they were made of paper.

Our opinions may differ, but me being able to do that, for example in FFA, with my skill set for this game, makes me feel the shotgun is OP, using any other weapon, which I did on the next round, I placed middle of the pack, and only got that high because I switched back to a shotgun mid match.

It goes to show me that, shotgun + current lag compensation > most smg users
---
Xbox / PS3 / Iphone gamecenter: Strigol
#29ICantNameGudPosted 12/3/2012 3:50:18 PM
Strigol81 posted...
had a bunch of guys in FFA the other night raging at me for using a "cheap F***** shotgun" ended up winning the round, between lag comp in my favor and the OP 870 shotgun I was dropping SMG users like they were made of paper.

Our opinions may differ, but me being able to do that, for example in FFA, with my skill set for this game, makes me feel the shotgun is OP, using any other weapon, which I did on the next round, I placed middle of the pack, and only got that high because I switched back to a shotgun mid match.

You were probably playing like you had a shotgun equipped. If you played an SMG like a shotgun you would probably never die. People always use the example "WELL I DID GOOD WITH IT ONE TIME SO".

Shotgunning is the most careful way to play the game, exposing yourself the least with the shortest sightlines. If you use a silenced SMG or M8A1 and play as if you had a shotgun equipped you would be unstoppable.

Also:
>Using free for all as an example
>Face when
---
Get it right, do it nice. If you make a mistake, you're gonna pay for it twice. If you need it... got to have it. Get yourself a shotgun and bring it back home
#30AlexanaxelaPosted 12/3/2012 3:56:22 PM(edited)

so you're saying smgs should beat the r870 up close? I actually believe you cause that's the way most people think. "My gun should win at all ranges all the time!"
---
Broken Promise [Dreams]
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RYUM7h4SVsA