Hunter Killer drones hate me...

#21superfly2222222Posted 12/3/2012 2:45:20 PM
if you throw an EMP grenade next to you on the floor when you hear the beeps it can take it out sometimes. I know what you mean, sometimes i feel like i am wearing some kind of drone attracting helmet that i didnt select in my loadout.
---
Get confident, stupid.
#22Gunther482Posted 12/3/2012 2:47:01 PM
9/10 times mine go for enemy UAVs lol.
#23Devil WolfPosted 12/3/2012 2:49:48 PM
superfly2222222 posted...
if you throw an EMP grenade next to you on the floor when you hear the beeps it can take it out sometimes. I know what you mean, sometimes i feel like i am wearing some kind of drone attracting helmet that i didnt select in my loadout.

really? thats kinda cool
#24speedfactorPosted 12/3/2012 3:04:20 PM
everytime I hear an enemy Hunter Killer deployed, I assume 2 things:

1) its ALWAYS after me, unless I do some crazy dodging while its still picking a target
2) it'll try to kill me within 5 seconds of deploying.

The silliest thing that I found very consistent to dodging those HKs is to dolphin dive just before it hits you. cuz you know.. its coming to get you and you only. It does a little high pitched noise before it swoops at you.

It'll either hit a wall or get hit markers if you have Flak Jacket. (direct shot still kills)

The suggestion to go inside doesn't work most of the time in objective game modes. Some maps like Carrier simply don't have many good inside locations. If you see one HK, expect more.
---
Empty Sig.
#25pyrokinesis666Posted 12/3/2012 3:06:44 PM
I heard if you go prone they won't target you.

is that true
#26EtherstreamPosted 12/3/2012 3:11:22 PM
TheRisingSon posted...
No matter what I do, whether I'm running, walking, going prone or standing in a corner by myself hoping it'll pass by, the hunter killer drone always targets me. Doesn't matter if it's surrounded by my teammates or not, it'll pick me out and take me out 99% of the time. Anyone else have this problem?

Don't see it mentioned in this thread but Hunter Killer's only target enemys in thier line of sight, so if on the map its not facing your general direction you are safe for a while until it turns, you can then hide in cover for the 5-10s it takes to go back out of LoS area and you can proceed.

I get killed by about 5% of the Hunter Killers that get called in, and maybe only 1-2% of the ones that go into the sky following this strategy.
---
"Through time, through space, it will never end."
#27cbviz80Posted 12/3/2012 3:16:18 PM
Akiba69 posted...
Can you even shoot them out of the sky?

If timed well a EMPnade will take them out. I havent tried to use one for defense but I have taking them out by accident when they are taking off or coming in. The EMP does have a nice big radius.
#28NE_PatriotsFanPosted 12/3/2012 3:25:08 PM
Every one of my custom classes has blindeye. I never have to worry about the overload of hunter killers or any AI controlled score streaks. It feels damn good.
---
It's funny how we give thanks for all that we have on Thanksgiving Day and then the next day go out and act like a bunch of materialistic idiots.
#29Jeh64Posted 12/3/2012 3:45:42 PM
I feel your pain TC, just like predator missiles in the mw games.
#30AlanB08Posted 12/3/2012 4:29:36 PM
TheRisingSon posted...
AlanB08 posted...
SinCityKid posted...
Blind eye or go inside when one is deployed. /topic

This. Simple solution but people are too stubborn to change so they'd rather just complain. Yes, sometimes it's impossible to get inside in time but I'd be willing to bet many people who complain about "always" being hit by them don't make much of an effort to get inside and instead just hope they're not the one who it'll find. Maybe they always find you because the rest of your team is smart enough to get inside or run Blind Eye? Sounds like the people who always complained when they got killed by predator missiles in MW3 because they "always" were the one being targeted.

I'm sure you know what everyone is doing in COD at all times huh? No, actually I do sprit for cover but that need helps, thus my complaint. Do I think it's broken or need to be changed? No actually I don't.

Ok well that doesn't change the fact that there's a built in defense for AI controlled scorestreaks. If they're bothering you that much just run Blind Eye. Problem solved.