The way the announcers say "Lightning strike inbound" is BOGUS

#1Gaebora KaeporaPosted 12/3/2012 7:13:37 PM
It's so bland, there's no feeling behind it!

Like in Modern Warfare 2, when the enemy team calls in an AC-130 and they just ****ing scream out "ENEMY AC-130 ABOVE!!" and then the first bombshell comes howling in; that's sheer ****ing terror and the proper way to do it
---
The rail...is all alone, the man is all alone...the swedish is all alone...my bum....is all alone
#2curtlandPosted 12/3/2012 7:14:24 PM
It would also help if he announced it BEFORE it struck.

>:O

What, he got a mouthful of cheetos or something?
---
Only idoits can't spell.
#3SwordToTheChestPosted 12/3/2012 7:15:18 PM
I miss when the announcers in MW2 said anything about enemy killstreaks. Especially the AC-130. **** just got real when you heard "ENEMY AC-130 ABOVE!!!!!"
#4CloakedNubPosted 12/3/2012 7:16:31 PM
I can't say for MW3, but yeah, BO2 announcers definitely suck. Even the Lodestar and Warthog's announcements. Get some feels bro.

I miss the MW2 ones, and Ice Cube.
#5Noke0Posted 12/3/2012 7:19:22 PM
CloakedNub posted...
I can't say for MW3, but yeah, BO2 announcers definitely suck. Even the Lodestar and Warthog's announcements. Get some feels bro.

They don't know how to hold all the feels.
---
A savior, the worlds kindest Gfaqs user.
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/632877-halo-4/64563643
#6Mr_Fury32Posted 12/3/2012 7:20:03 PM
CloakedNub posted...

yeah, they actually SOUNDED urgent, and were warnings not opps im sorry im late...
---
Playing: Kingdom Hearts Dream Drop Distance (3DS) CoD Black Ops II (X360) Waiting for: Lightnining Returns: Final Fantasy XIII (360)
#7Faust_8Posted 12/3/2012 7:26:38 PM
curtland posted...
It would also help if he announced it BEFORE it struck.

>:O

What, he got a mouthful of cheetos or something?

THIS.

"Heads up--

*dies to Lightning Strike 4 seconds after spawning*

--Lightning Strike inbound."

I mean, Jesus I know that Mortar Team was drastically underpowered because of how long it took to actually hit, but they totally skewed it the other way now. It is literally impossible to dodge the first 2 hits of the LS because they're landing before it's even announced that it's happening. You can avoid the third if and only if you're quick and very near a building.

Also the Lodestar is the AC130 on steroids. It's as if they sat around a table and someone drunkenly said "Guys, what if, like, the AC130 could just fire continuously?" And then high-fives were exchanged all around because that's totally what the game needed.

I've had Blind Eye and still died every time I spawned because he's just exploderating all over the map and spawn points.

Trash game is trash.
---
The supernatural says that if you act a certain way you might avoid suffering. But reality says you came from the stars...
#8OrchidiaPosted 12/3/2012 7:30:56 PM
"We ARE.....winning this fight." So bland.

Might as well be "We ARE....currently ahead in points during this current game of Call Of Duty..."
---
I guess I'm something of a ne'er do well.
Pittsburgh
#9GandalfTehGrayPosted 12/3/2012 7:38:01 PM
How is it better than the reaper?
---
"A wizard is never late, Frodo Baggins. Nor is he early. He arrives precisely when he means to." R.I.P Beleniel91
#10myrkul8013Posted 12/3/2012 7:38:58 PM
I agree.. inbound means the event is arriving... when obviously its already past-tense.
---
"Work with zeal as hammers peal, melt, anneal, and bend the steel."