The ADS time for LMGs

#1CharityDiaryPosted 12/3/2012 10:29:29 PM(edited)
Doesn't it feel a bit too long? Even with Quickdraw?

Why is the ADS time for LMGs so long anyway? Most of them fire slower than SMGs or Assault Rifles, and they're not as accurate as the more precise Assault Rifles or Sniper Rifles...

They fire slowly and have average accuracy. That should be enough to balance it out. Is the long ADS time really necessary? Especially on these maps, where short sightlines, cluttered spaces, and SMG users are common?
#2zerooriginalPosted 12/3/2012 10:29:59 PM
ADS Time for LMGs are longer than the ones in previous CoD. They take 0.48 seconds to ADS compare to the usual 0.40 seconds.

0.08 seconds longer to ADS in BO2. With Quickdraw, LMGs take 0.32 seconds to ADS, which still takes longer than SMG, AR, SG, and SR.
#3robulastagePosted 12/3/2012 10:30:16 PM
I'm not sure why they're so gimped.

I'd be happy if they lowered the ADS time even just a little bit. Anything to make them better would be welcome.
---
3DS FC: 4253-3586-3727
#4CashDudeHomiePosted 12/3/2012 10:31:16 PM
Quickdraw and Stock are pretty much required unless you're a camper. I think they are fine though. The larger mags/belts really help when defending an objective.
---
"I think it's 7lbs... that's how much the wiimote weighs."
-HarukoBass
#5CharityDiary(Topic Creator)Posted 12/3/2012 10:32:01 PM
robulastage posted...
I'm not sure why they're so gimped.

I'd be happy if they lowered the ADS time even just a little bit. Anything to make them better would be welcome.

I agree. You can't win a gunfight if you can't even pull up your sights before the other person kills you with their gun first...

And if you see the person first and you actually have time to pull up your sights, then you could have killed them with any gun...
#6curtlandPosted 12/3/2012 10:32:48 PM
Well the idea is they're so powerful that it balances them out.

Of course, with limited maps spots to make good use of them and select fire ARs and quickscoping, it really just gimps them more than they already are.

I love the LMGs in this game, but you need to really think about when you should use it.
---
Only idoits can't spell.
#7elchris79Posted 12/3/2012 10:34:34 PM
I do think that a slightly shorter ADS time would make LMGs a legitimate choice, as opposed to a niche weapon, used in specific situations or by people who play a certain way. I wish they were just a wee bit better.
#8AngelicTouch99Posted 12/4/2012 12:23:27 AM
The quickdraw+dexterity is not enough of a difference to make it worth the points from your pick 10. Its an LMG, and needs to be played as such. This means pre-ads at nearly all times, being aware of your surrounding, ect. You cant treat it like an SMG. My best games have been with the MK48 and I dont use the stock or the quickdraw. You have to play to the weapon's strengths.
#9elchris79Posted 12/4/2012 12:39:49 AM
AngelicTouch99 posted...
The quickdraw+dexterity is not enough of a difference to make it worth the points from your pick 10. Its an LMG, and needs to be played as such. This means pre-ads at nearly all times, being aware of your surrounding, ect. You cant treat it like an SMG. My best games have been with the MK48 and I dont use the stock or the quickdraw. You have to play to the weapon's strengths.

You sound very smug. The nature of these maps mean you're saying camo or die.
#10AngelicTouch99Posted 12/4/2012 1:05:25 AM
elchris79 posted...
AngelicTouch99 posted...

You sound very smug. The nature of these maps mean you're saying camo or die.

Alright baddie. You're right, using a LMG the way its supposed to be used instead of blowing all of your points to try and make it into a gimped SMG is camping. I can guess by your post you whine about people taking cover and using target finder when you die lol