I don't understand the lightning strike rage

#1aNiceLayPosted 12/3/2012 11:49:38 PM
Lighting moves at the speed of light. That's faster than an announcer can call it in. Why do we expect an announcer to be able to :

1. Predict when someone is calling a lightning strike in considering they could get the streak and not use it for a while or open and close the laptop multiple times

2. Speak faster than the speed of light.

Man up and understand the laws of physics people.
---
GT: The 17th Bronco
Currently Playing: Blops2, Skate3
#2clegg105Posted 12/3/2012 11:50:35 PM
Its too easy to get really. I have seen quad and penta kills from it.
#3wartpigXPosted 12/3/2012 11:51:32 PM
its not an actuall lightning strike. its a bomb
---
PSN- WartPigX
Karma is just fun money
#4aNiceLay(Topic Creator)Posted 12/3/2012 11:53:14 PM
I understand being mad at the score requirement. That obviously needs to be raised. It can net you more points than a death machine lets be honest. But people seem to care more about the fact they die before an announcer announces that there is a lightning strike inbound than the scorestreak requirement.

But lets be honest, at its score requirement people got quad and penta kills from the 7 kill chopper or even the harrier, and those stayed around. I understand it being quick acting, impossible to shoot down, but just throwing that out there.
---
#5aNiceLay(Topic Creator)Posted 12/3/2012 11:53:54 PM
wartpigX posted...
its not an actuall lightning strike. its a bomb

The bomb strikes as fast as lightning though, hence the name. It hits the ground literally a second after you call it in.
---
#6NevestPosted 12/3/2012 11:58:15 PM
The only change that needs to happen to the LS is taking away the initial UAV scan.
---
http://img.imgcake.com/Nevest356/1dollagifas.gif
http://img.imgcake.com/abedgifyn.gif
#7aNiceLay(Topic Creator)Posted 12/3/2012 11:59:59 PM
Nevest posted...
The only change that needs to happen to the LS is taking away the initial UAV scan.

That I agree with. I can't remember if it shows objectives on the screen though. I think it should show that, like flags and hardpoints and tags and bomb sites.

Speaking of tags, why don't friendly tags and denies show up on the mini-map like ones you get do? It's just cruel.
---
#8speedfactorPosted 12/4/2012 12:07:05 AM
honestly, the lightning strike is fine the way it is. change anything about it and it'll be as useless as the Mortar Team was in Black Ops 1.

died plenty to ls but also killed just as many with ls.
---
Empty Sig.
#9zxrax_alt_1Posted 12/4/2012 12:08:45 AM
This was unexpectedly awesome.
---
http://www.twitch.tv/vraage || GT: v Raage
3770K @4.44GHz || 8GB 2133MHz || ROG Maximus V Extreme || SSD 840 250GB || 2TB HDD
#10JonnywestsidePosted 12/4/2012 12:09:28 AM
Its not too difficult to get and its basically a triple predator missle. The 3 locations pick and the lack off warning make it easy to take out a full team with it. It kills you even if youve just spawned. Its a pretty annoying streak.

IMO though the Hunter Killer is the most annoying. Really easy to get and you don't have to aim it just toss it in the air and kill some dude at random. Flak Jacket only saves you occasionally and it has no qualms hitting 3/4 people straight of the spawn.