All in all, I'm incredibly grateful for how this game turned out.

#1fallenangemon0Posted 12/4/2012 2:44:17 AM
I mean, getting this game I was expecting it to feel mediocre at best. Black Ops 1 wasn't extraordinary in my eyes, so this was a real coin-toss of a purchase...

With the new way the class system works in this game, few if anything could be argued to be overpowered. The tradeoff for space means those oddball setups are still possible, but will cost you other options you may not want to miss out on.

Most of all I am EXTREMELY grateful that:

Shotguns don't suck.
Sniper Rifles don't suck.
There are SO many options to get past camping or other commonly bashed strategies.
League Play exists.
Prestige will not make you lose all gun attachments.
Stealth is broken up into multiple perks
There are plenty of corridors and long stretches as there are corners, making a variety of weaponry extremely viable.

Nothing seems bull**** overpowered, and most bugs have already been fixed before they did much damage.

I know this is a call of duty board on gamefaqs and many of you will try hard to make some snide remarks about whatever you're complaining about, but BLOPS 2 could have gone MUCH MUCH worse, balance wise.
---
"When you get a hatemail in Call of Duty, you know you are doing something right."- FeelMyBlade
#2MG42_CHEFPosted 12/4/2012 2:46:45 AM
Only disappointment is 3arcs handling of the matchmaking and servers. Otherwise, this game is very good.
---
"I loved throwing cans of flatulance at people sitting in corners. Even the hitmarker noise sounded like a fart. I will also miss those days." -aj4x94
#3fallenangemon0(Topic Creator)Posted 12/4/2012 2:50:50 AM
I concur, but host migration gives me time to stretch my legs between matches. Ha!

If the online could drop less and be smoother, which it may in time, I'd be joyous.

I noticed they DID nerf sound-whoring...which isn't cool in my book, since headphones only allow you to channel the games sound and not amplify it...maybe a buff to Awareness in the future would be nice.

Hard-Wired seems ass useless though...I'd probably give it another effect...like unhackable equipment.
---
"When you get a hatemail in Call of Duty, you know you are doing something right."- FeelMyBlade
#4jamejamePosted 12/4/2012 3:10:23 AM
I like all of the features you listed, yet despite it all, the game still sucks. The maps are terrible, the pick 10 system still far too rigid, and SMGs far too dominant.
#5jamejamePosted 12/4/2012 3:12:04 AM
fallenangemon0 posted...
I concur, but host migration gives me time to stretch my legs between matches. Ha!

If the online could drop less and be smoother, which it may in time, I'd be joyous.

I noticed they DID nerf sound-whoring...which isn't cool in my book, since headphones only allow you to channel the games sound and not amplify it...maybe a buff to Awareness in the future would be nice.

Hard-Wired seems ass useless though...I'd probably give it another effect...like unhackable equipment.

The soundwhore nerf is absolutely ridiculous because now anyone with a TV speaker as their audio source has no chance of hearing anyone else, and those who shell out money for equipment dominate. They didn't nerf soundwhoring, they buffed it for the douchebags.
#6fallenangemon0(Topic Creator)Posted 12/4/2012 3:15:56 AM
The class system is a series of trade-offs where in older games there was usually an incredibly good perk or two you shouldn't go without. That's hardly the case now.

No one likes any maps in any Call of Duty. If they list one game, it'll be the only maps they ever compare every other CoD game to. What exactly don't you like about them?

SMG's don't seem dominant at all. I hardly see them, actually, they won't be accurate from long ranges nor kill quick enough from long ranges. All the weapons in this game feel relatively the same as far a viability goes, something that is RARE in online CoD games. Depending on ranges playstyles every gun is usually beat out by something else in a counter-scenario.

Unless that was a jab at laser-sights...what exactly are people going on about with all the SMG-hate?
---
#7fallenangemon0(Topic Creator)Posted 12/4/2012 3:18:28 AM
jamejame posted...
fallenangemon0 posted...

The soundwhore nerf is absolutely ridiculous because now anyone with a TV speaker as their audio source has no chance of hearing anyone else, and those who shell out money for equipment dominate. They didn't nerf soundwhoring, they buffed it for the douchebags.

That's a very interesting point, despite you thinking people are douchebags for playing with headsets...but honestly, it's so terribly useless, it's a waste of a slot unless you like playing Search and Destory by hunting down everyone...
---
#8DKryptonPosted 12/4/2012 4:01:46 AM
jamejame posted...
fallenangemon0 posted...

I use a headset sometimes and I tried awareness/dead silence on a class and it's basically useless. There are no worries of being soundwhored in this game.
#9majormPosted 12/4/2012 4:32:54 AM
I agree with the TC. I haven't played it all that much yet. I'm just level 32, but I have found very little to complain about with the gameplay. I love the maps. I haven't really seen one gun that EVERYBODY is running with, which means the weapons are pretty balanced. You actually have to be at shotgun range to kill with a shotgun now. That's a welcome change. Not nearly as much sniping as MW3. You can't really camp because when you re-spawn you're usually very near where you just died and can get back to your killer very quickly. I haven't felt the scorestreak rewards are ridiculously overpowered. And I love that assists actually count t for something now.

Still get host migration/host disconnect way too much, but when it's working, it's pretty awesome.
---
Five million Cybermen, easy. One Doctor...now you're scared.
#10jamejamePosted 12/4/2012 5:24:22 AM
fallenangemon0 posted...
The class system is a series of trade-offs where in older games there was usually an incredibly good perk or two you shouldn't go without. That's hardly the case now.

No one likes any maps in any Call of Duty. If they list one game, it'll be the only maps they ever compare every other CoD game to. What exactly don't you like about them?

SMG's don't seem dominant at all. I hardly see them, actually, they won't be accurate from long ranges nor kill quick enough from long ranges. All the weapons in this game feel relatively the same as far a viability goes, something that is RARE in online CoD games. Depending on ranges playstyles every gun is usually beat out by something else in a counter-scenario.

Unless that was a jab at laser-sights...what exactly are people going on about with all the SMG-hate?

I think SMGs are balanced in theory, but not in regards to the map design. The cosntant twisting layouts and multiple flank routes simply suits the SMG playstyle more than any other weapon class. With an SMG, you can easily take on flankers with hipfire, you can't do that with any other class, save for shotguns, and even then, they're ineffective against multiple enemies at once, for the most part.

As for the class system, I like it overall but there are just certain restrictions I don't understand. Why can't I use two secondaries? Why can't I spend an extra wildcard for a third perk 1? Why can't I spend an extra wildcard for a fourth attachment? Why are there even perk tiers anymore? Can anyone seriously think of an overpowered combination were tiers non-existant? Because I can't. The game is more open-ended than previous CoDs, but I feel like it prides itself on how it allows you to mess around within the pre-existing subset of rules, rather than throwing out that system altogether in favor of something truly original.

To be honest though, the biggest offense in my eyes is the map design. I've never played worse maps in a CoD. What don't I like about them? The practically endless headglitching spots, the one-sided map design, the lack of combat flow in nearly every map save for maybe Standoff and a Meltdown. There is just so much bad about them that I question whether this is the same Treyarch that made the brilliant WaW and Bo1 maps.