C4 is too powerful

#1Lilg2631Posted 12/4/2012 6:44:25 AM
I throw it at least 20 feet in front of me, kills the guy but BADLY damages me. With flak jacket on and a riot shield. The Riot shield is a whole other topic. Damn you Treyarch :(
---
PSN ID: Lilg31 *You ppl don't seem to understand. I'm not locked in here with you! You're locked in here with me!!!!* - Rorschach. SI3 Club 1/21/09
#2trakrunr4evrPosted 12/4/2012 6:50:10 AM
*Inserts generic response to complaint topic*
#3smolo82Posted 12/4/2012 6:53:52 AM
The only problem I have with C4 (Which is a powerful explosive) is how far you can throw it. The other issue is that it can be exploded from a gunshot, which it can not since it is a "stable" explosive.

BTW Was this a troll topic?
---
Xbox GT - Smolo THE KloWn
17 Ex-Boxes and Counting. All from System Failure.
#4Lilg2631(Topic Creator)Posted 12/4/2012 6:55:41 AM
Not at all. I'm pretty serious.
---
PSN ID: Lilg31 *You ppl don't seem to understand. I'm not locked in here with you! You're locked in here with me!!!!* - Rorschach. SI3 Club 1/21/09
#5fallenangemon0Posted 12/4/2012 6:57:12 AM
Face the C4 when they throw it, or Combat Axe them with fast hands as they prepare to throw it. I don't know why you're expecting to live against someone throwing C4 at point blank range, but you are NOT helpless if you can practice. Hell even a pistol swap with Fast Hands could help you pop someone mid-toss.
---
"When you get a hatemail in Call of Duty, you know you are doing something right."- FeelMyBlade
#6Lilg2631(Topic Creator)Posted 12/4/2012 7:04:34 AM
fallenangemon0 posted...
Face the C4 when they throw it, or Combat Axe them with fast hands as they prepare to throw it. I don't know why you're expecting to live against someone throwing C4 at point blank range, but you are NOT helpless if you can practice. Hell even a pistol swap with Fast Hands could help you pop someone mid-toss.

I'm the one throwing the c4
---
#7TornadofoxPosted 12/4/2012 7:04:51 AM
fallenangemon0 posted...

1. I dont think you fully comprehended the OP's post.
2. Shield does not protect from explosives in this game
3. Even before factoring lag, you cant fast swap and outshoot someone throwing C4 before they can detonate it.
#8BlaeuPosted 12/4/2012 7:06:06 AM
It needs a nerf to the toss range. It current makes Semtex almost useless. With the power and range that C4 has, it needs to be refocused to something you plant, not toss.
---
"We do not stop playing because we get old, we get old because we stop playing." -- George Bernard Shaw
#9CharityDiaryPosted 12/4/2012 7:10:13 AM
I use double C4 and Scavenger, and I get more kills with C4 every game than I do with anything else.

In fact, I just got a quintuple kill (5 kills) using C4 on Cargo. I'd upload it, but the theater mode is BROKEN
#10TornadofoxPosted 12/4/2012 7:10:50 AM
Blaeu posted...
It needs a nerf to the toss range. It current makes Semtex almost useless. With the power and range that C4 has, it needs to be refocused to something you plant, not toss.

Semtex is meant to stick, a stick kills flak jacket users and the guy next to then. C4 does not kill the unharmed flak jacket user. You need to be sprinting and using fast hands to get these broken ranged throws you are talking about, grenades can be thrown farther when stationary. Stop complaining, you dont understand game balance.